Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Interpreter: Why Experts Think Russia to Blame
Thank, not blame.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by deflave
If I were Putin I would want Hillary to win.

Dave

While common sense might dictate that, with the Muslim hordes on their Southern border the Russian's have seen how a weak United States is not in Russia's best interest.
Exactly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You guys live in a dream world.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Better than asleep at the wheel. Nite-Nite Punkin'

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah.

Russia craves a strong US.

Brilliant.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Putin's at fault here...??? mad

Wow.

There is a reason for high security, encrypted official servers and security standards for classified materials.

If H-Dog decided to use a substandard system to suit herself, make up her own rules to suit herself, control the info to suit herself and left "low hanging fruit" for anyone to pick, who's at fault.

If this stuff fell into the hands of our enemies, why wouldn't they take a gift horse...??

We would have, for sure.

So, now it's Trump and Putin at fault. Poor ole Hilary, victimized by a couple of playground bullies...

So, Trump is accused of collaboration with Putin. Classic Dem play book, dodge the real issue, create a smoke screen...

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a more likely scenario - the Russians had the server penetrated but wisely kept their mouths shut about it and did not release anything. They kept it for intelligence value. A Sanders supporter on the inside stole the emails and published them. When forensics looked at the servers the only thing they found was the Russian presence. Hence, the blame went to the Russians.

It would be too embarrassing to admit it was an inside job.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Democrats are corrupt and their followers are ignorant sheep. Throwing out shiny objects to shift the focus away from those facts is just cheap political theater to confuse the slow.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I find it rather ironic that ANYONE in the US would be offended by a foreign power meddling in a US election. Hell that's the US State Department's official past time and has been for at least 100 years.

And Hillary has played that game extensively in Ukraine, Honduras, and Haiti. Sucks to be her!!!

It amuses me that the Marxists are blaming the ex-commies.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Never underestimate the stupidity of Joe Average.

The Russians... LMAO.

dave

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
From G. Washington's Blog:
( and he doesn't LIE! grin )

NSA Whistleblower: Not So Fast On Claims Russia Behind Hillary Clinton Email Hack

by George Washington
Jul 26, 2016 11:16 PM
SHARES
The mainstream media alleges that Russia was behind the hack of Hillary Clinton’s emails.

The media is parading out the usual suspects alleged experts to back up this claim.

Washington’s Blog asked the highest-level NSA whistleblower in history, William Binney – the NSA executive who created the agency’s mass surveillance program for digital information, who served as the senior technical director within the agency, who managed six thousand NSA employees, the 36-year NSA veteran widely regarded as a “legend” within the agency and the NSA’s best-ever analyst and code-breaker, who mapped out the Soviet command-and-control structure before anyone else knew how, and so predicted Soviet invasions before they happened (“in the 1970s, he decrypted the Soviet Union’s command system, which provided the US and its allies with real-time surveillance of all Soviet troop movements and Russian atomic weapons”) – what he thinks of such claims:

Edward Snowden says the NSA could easily determine who hacked Hillary Clinton’s emails.

But mainstream media say it couldn’t: http://www.businessinsider.com/dnc-hack-russian-government-2016-7

The mainstream media is also trumpeting the meme that Russia was behind the hack, because it wants to help Trump get elected. In other words, the media is trying to deflect how damaging the email leaks are to Clinton’s character by trying to somehow associate Trump with Putin.

See e.g. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/us/politics/kremlin-donald-trump-vladimir-putin.html

Who’s right?
Binney responded:

Snowden is right and the MSM is clueless. Here’s what I said to Ray McGovern and VIPS with a little humor at the end. [McGovern is a 27-year CIA veteran, who chaired National Intelligence Estimates and personally delivered intelligence briefings to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, their Vice Presidents, Secretaries of State, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and many other senior government officials. McGovern is co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (“VIPS” for short).]

Ray, I am suspicious that they may have looked for known hacking code (used by Russians). And, I’m sure they were one probably of many to hack her stuff. But, does that mean that they checked to see if others also hacked in?

Further, do they have evidence that the Russians downloaded and later forwarded those emails to wikileaks? Seems to me that they need to answer those questions to be sure that their assertion is correct. Otherwise, HRC and her political activities are and I am sure have been prime targets for the Russians (as well as many others) but without intent of course.

I would add that we proposed to do a program that would monitor all activity on the world-wide NSA network back in 1991/92. We called it “Wellgrounded.” NSA did not want anyone (especially congress) to know what was going on inside NSA and therefore rejected that proposal. I have not read what Ed has said, but, I do know that every line of code that goes across the network is logged in the network log. This is where a little software could scan, analyze and find the intruders initially and then compile all the code sent by them to determine the type of attack. This is what we wanted to do back in 1991/92.
The newest allegation tying the Clinton email hack to Russia seems to be all innuendo.

Binney explained to us:

My problem is that they have not listed intruders or attempted intrusions to the DNC site. I suspect that’s because they did a quick and dirty look for known attacks.

Of course, this brings up another question; if it’s a know attack, why did the DNC not have software to stop it? You can tell from the network log who is going into a site. I used that on networks that I had. I looked to see who came into my LAN, where they went, how long they stayed and what they did while in my network.

Further, if you needed to, you could trace back approaches through other servers etc. Trace Route and Trace Watch are good examples of monitoring software that help do these things. Others of course exist … probably the best are in NSA/GCHQ and the other Five Eyes countries. But, these countries have no monopoly on smart people that could do similar detection software.

Question is do they want to fix the problems with existing protection software. If the DNC and OPM are examples, then obviously, they don’t care to fix weakness probably because the want to use these weaknesses to their own advantage.
Why is this newsworthy?

Well, the mainstream narrative alleges that the Clinton emails are not important … and that it’s a conspiracy between Putin and Trump to make sure Trump – and not Clinton – is elected.

But there are other issues, as well...

For example, an allegation of hacking could literally lead to war. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2016/06/nato-says-might-now-grounds-attack-russia.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ct_of_war_and_is_russia_responsible.html

So we should be skeptical of such serious and potentially far-reaching allegations - which may be true or may be false - unless and until they are proven.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
The Kremlin released a statement saying they didn't do it. The dems & MSM say they did. I believe the Russians.

Fixt, they say it's so, so it is so. whistle

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boo-Hoo Hillary For Prison 2016

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is this the same FBI that investigated Hitlery's emails???

Yeah, I have confidence they'll get to the bottom of this without prejudice. crazy

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There ain't no way the Russians are going to release what they have. It would be stupid.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The russians gained nothing with the wiki leak. It benefits the russians to blackmail hillary if she would win the election. I think the russians would prefer hillary 100X more than Trump.
The content of the emails is the real issue, the source is the democratic party. They own this mess, but in true democratic fashion they are always the victim. For them there is no cop murderer, the murderer is the victim, there is no drive by gansta shooter, it is the gun to blame, that woman (lewinski) was the problem, not bill clinton. Always a finger pointing away from the real problem.
Likewise Trump is the master of doom, and pointing out the ilk in the world makes him a bully, and hillary's record makes her the victim.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I saw this a few days ago and thought it was an interesting read.

http://www.defenseone.com/technolog...ence-election-american-president/130163/

Here’s the timeline: On June 14, cybersecurity company CrowdStrike, under contract with the DNC, announced in a blog post that two separate Russian intelligence groups had gained access to the DNC network. One group, FANCY BEAR or APT 28, gained access in April. The other, COZY BEAR, (also called Cozy Duke and APT 29) first breached the network in the summer of 2015.

Cybersecurity company FireEye first discovered APT 29 in 2014 and was quick to point out a clear Kremlin connection. “We suspect the Russian government sponsors the group because of the organizations it targets and the data it steals. Additionally, APT 29 appeared to cease operations on Russian holidays, and their work hours seem to align with the UTC +3 time zone, which contains cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg,” they wrote in their report on the group. Other U.S. officials have said that the group looks like it has sponsorship from the Russian government due in large part to the level of sophistication behind the group’s attacks.

It’s the same group that hit the State Department, the White House, and the civilian email of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The group’s modus operandi (a spearphishing attack that uploads a distinctive remote access tool on the target’s computer) is well known to cyber-security researchers.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Russia hacks everything all the time.

That's not news.

What is news, is the fact that the commies don't like the DNC's hesitation (in their minds) to go full commie. As a result they are showing them how much power they truly hold over the party in an effort to get a real commie nominated in 2020.

But Hillary doesn't want you to know that. So they go to the old standby. Putin.

Dave

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
more...

http://www.defenseone.com/news/2016/07/the-d-brief-july-27-2016/130250/?oref=d-channelriver

But proving intent to prop up GOP contender Donald Trump is a more elusive trick, the Times writes. “American intelligence agencies have their doubts that the Russian intention, at least initially, was to sway the American election. The intrusion began just shortly after Mr. Trump announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination. At the time, his chances looked minuscule. One senior official noted that while the cyberattack might have been intended to embarrass Mrs. Clinton, who was the presumptive nominee, it could not have been aimed at bolstering Mr. Trump.” More here.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
At this point in time, 'what difference does it make?'

Whoever might have hacked it, the Dems are responsible for their own email contents. Those contents are damning.

The hackers are irrelevant.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 76 invisible), 2,762 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.