Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just got finished upgrading my loading bench, and a couple of my loaders with some fantastic parts from Inline Fabrication. First couple of pics show my new, uncluttered bench with the Flush-Mount Quick Change Base Plates installed. The one on the right is a custom designed one sized to accept my Dillon RL-550B on the Dillon Strong Mount. I can mount or dismount my other presses and equipment in about 30 seconds, and the Dillon just takes four machine screws and about 2 minutes to mount or dismount. Note the other presses and stuff hanging on the wall on the storage racks that Inline makes.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The next pics show the equipment on the wall on the Quick Change System Storage Plates.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Skeezix; 07/25/16.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
GB1

Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The next pics show the Quick Change Flush Mount Base Plates. I routed them into the top of my bench. This frees up a LOT of room for other gunsmithing projects when the presses are out of the way. I supplied Dan at Inline with a drawing of the footprint and hole spacing of my Dillon Strong Mount and he made the appropriately sized custom baseplate that will take the Dillon or any of the other stuff that I have mounted to the normal quick change plates.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Custom plate with the Dillon mounted:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I also upgraded my Forster Co-Ax press with a new Short Roller Handle and a set of the Increase Access Side Linkages. Haven't had a chance to use them much, but so far, I love both upgrades.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I upgraded the RL 550B with one of Inline's Intermediate Plates for Dillon 550 Strongmounts, and added one of their swing-away, fully adjustable empty case bins (which mounts to the Intermediate Plate), but I've got it on the left side of the press, so I use it for bullets. The intermediate plate really stiffened up the Strongmount. I didn't realize there was some flex to the Strongmount until I had Inline's Intermediate Plate installed. I really like the way that you can easily increase or decrease the tension on either of the joints in the swing away arm, so it holds it's adjustment perfectly, but is still moveable with a firmer push or pull.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

IC B2

Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I also bought one of Inline's "Skylight" LED Lighting Kits for the Dillon 550 and one of their Dual LED Shellplate Lighting Kits for the Co-Ax press. I haven't mounted them yet, but will hopefully get that done this week.

For clarification, I am in NO way connected with Inline Fabrication and receive absolutely ZERO compensation, consideration or any other benefit for plugging their products. I like their stuff and am impressed by their consistently fantastic quality. And their stuff works like they say it does.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great setup!

I really like those base plates and the wall racking.

I also really like the Co-Ax roller handle and increased side access linkages. Must look at their website.

Thank you for posting this.

Chris

Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I should add that ALL of the parts and press upgrades, including the roller handle and improved access side links for the Co-Ax press, are manufactured by Inline Fabrication. Here's a link to their site: http://inlinefabrication.com/.

They make an extensive and impressive line of upgrades and enhancements for several different brands and models of presses and other reloading equipment, as well as a complete line of quick change plates and flush and surface mounted base plates, as well as several different heights of raised mounting structures that are improvements on the "Strongmount" design. They also make quite a few other items that are very useful for both reloading and gunsmithing. AND, they do custom work for a very reasonable price, too.

Check 'em out! You'll be surprised and impressed.

Tim

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow....very cool. Thank you for sharing.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Man I'm glad I found this. I'm working on my workshop on the weekends and have been thinking about something like this in order to keep my bench tops clear as possible.

Nice set-up Skeezix

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow! I can't believe how similar our reloading rooms look...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
very nice.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's what mine looked like at about 7 PM a week ago...

[Linked Image]

Flimsy-assed shelf got thrown out in the driveway and replaced with a much sturdier one. Found stuff I hadn't seen in a while. It's all much better now.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Wow! I can't believe how similar our reloading rooms look...

[Linked Image]

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Skeezix Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
LOL! shrapnel, If I'd pointed my camera a little to the left, towards my gunsmithing bench, it would have looked just like home to you. The cleanup I had to do to install the quick change plates is the only reason my bench doesn't still look like yours.

RiverRider: Dammit boy!! What the hell happened? You just hear a crash or walk into the room and find that disaster? I see a tug toy in the right foreground. Did that SNAFU have a little canine help?

Tim

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

577 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,823
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.