Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
A woman was waiting at my dentist office for her daughter's appointment. The daughter was obviously bi-racial and quite pretty. Her husband came in to check on them and was in uniform. I stood up and offered my hand which he took and I thanked him for his service. He thanked me and I sat back down. If this can happen in West Virginia (we have a rep!) it can happen in every town in every state. It has to start with us that know the right stuff!!! Peace out!!!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
thanks for doing that.

retired myself now, but I can tell you that when that happened to me during turbulent times, it always meant the world. Way too easy to forget that even in the worst neighborhoods, the vast majority of people are decent folks just trying to get by, who silently support the police.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good on ya.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yer lucky he didn't think you were going for his gun when you lunged at him. Probably would have shot ya where ya stood!

laugh laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Thanks for that, Dave. A little positive feedback goes a long way. Been retired myself for 15 years after just over 30 years service.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good on you!

When I was coming home thru Utah from the Campfire Meet in New Mexico, I got fuel at a truck stop in Tooele Utah, before heading across the Bonneville Salt Flats...

I saw a Sheriff's Deputy, get fuel and go inside to get some goodies inside.

While he was in there, I was helping another guy, helping a woman with her Toyota Truck ( starting issues), and we got it going, and she then locked her keys inside with the engine running.

There was this transient who was walking around my Pilot and Trailer, looking it over and then looking inside my vehicle. I chased him off tho.

When the Deputy came out, I went up and asked him if they had a transient problem, we discussed that. As we finished, I told him thank you for your protecting the community, and that there are many of us out here that are 1000 % behind our LEOs, whether they are in our community of elsewhere.

I couldn't believe all 6 ft 5 of him, almost started to tear up and drop the bag he was carrying. He sat it down on his Ford Expedition Crusier's hood and stuck out his hand and thanked me with a very deep sincere hand shake.

Guess the locals don't show them enough support, or there was something else that motivated his emotions.

We as a community across the nation need to show these fine gentlemen that they are supposed and appreciated by the public... there are more of us than there is of the anti cop DemocRAT/ Hillary's Crowd.

Ever bit as much as I thank a Soldier or Vet for his service, I try to do just as often for any LEO I may come across in my travels.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Most anytime me and the wife are eating out, if there is a LEO in the restaraunt he eats on my dime......

It's just what we do.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good stuff here Men, lets keep it going! smile

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I told his wife after he left I prayed for them al every day, more so now just like our troops and others that protect us. Every time I see a fire truck or ambulance I say a prayer for the responders and those in need of them.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good for you Dave, I throw up a hand and wave at every one I see, not to be a copper groupy, just to let them know "I see you and am watching out for you too!" smile

Trump Won!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good job, Dave..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dave! They need to see we support them at every opportunity.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We should thank all we see

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.