Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
... on sale online at midnight August 3/ The list of licenses available goes online July 27th (this coming Wednesday).

Have a cow tag from the drawing but haven't decided if I'll buy a leftover cow tag or get an OTC bull tag for my second license.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hi Coyote_Hunter,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. As it is, I have one general season deer tag in a very good unit of Utah. I'd like another trip on line if it's worth while. So I'm gonna check Colorado leftover bull tags. But I'm sure I'm not gonna find a rut hunt.

It doesn't get much more exciting than rut huntin' bull elk.

Huntin' huge bull elk is like catching huge tuna: one ain't enough.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
OTC w/cap and all OTC licenses went on sale today at 9 am.

We got our two OTC w/cap bull tags in the only unit that has them.
Lot of bear tags though.
Now I have a cow elk ML tag for Sept and a bull elk tag for Oct 22

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I looked and can't find the leftover list posted yet..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just got off the phone with the CPW... they're having "server issues" they hope to have the list up today, but it may take a couple days to fix the issue.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Just got off the phone with the CPW... they're having "server issues" they hope to have the list up today, but it may take a couple days to fix the issue.

Yeap...same story I got early this AM.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This the same outfit that had its servers go down for hours two years ago when they decided it was a great idea to sell all the leftovers at 9am?

The same outfit that sent me my elk tag a month late this year?

The same outfit that didn't get the memo that the leftovers list is supposed to be released today July 27th? Must of just snuck up on them ninja like.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They have a couple of tags I'm interested in but only a few of each...what is the quickest way to buy them when they go onsale ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You'll want to be in line at a small store, well before 9am, likely well before opening too. Might even test them out the night before to make sure they know how to quickly sell a license. There is going to be a mad rush on some of these quality licenses that were returned that take 5-10 points each to draw. Lots of people are going to get their hopes up now that they have seen the list, only to be disappointed. On the other hand, some people are going to score a great license for no points.
I'm glad these quality licenses are being resold, but I think logistically it is going to cause problems with customer satisfaction for those that don't get what they want, claiming it was rigged or the machines go down again. Or god forbid, only some machines go down.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
get to a license dealer (wally world) about 6am, or earlier, with a lawn chair to be 1st in line and hope for the best....

Huntinut

"If it's the truth it ain't braggin" Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone turned in a 61 archery bull tag. That is surprising. Don't have the patience to wait in line but good luck to whoever is going for that. Takes 12 points or so typically.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are some GREAT tags available for all animals. Really happy that they put returned licenses back into the public draw this year and from here on out. Always seemed such a waste to have some of these very limited tags returned and lost to the wind.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Aviator
They have a couple of tags I'm interested in but only a few of each...what is the quickest way to buy them when they go onsale ?

On Aug 3, 2016 you can only buy them in person at any license outlet or by phone. The next day they are available on line.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not correct. Left overs go on sale August 2 at 9 am in person, August 3 ,midnight, online

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm a non resident so my only chance is by telephone Tuesday ..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
9:05 and the premium elk tags are already gone... tried getting one over the phone, but couldn't get through. I'm definitely not surprised. OTC here I come grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Standing in line and I was 4th. First two guys were in and out in 4 minutes flat. Third guy has his daughters info written down and they have to manually enter everything. The clerk is good, but the first code was sold out. He had 5 codes written down and they have been manually entering her info over and over, getting sold out codes. All the while I'm sitting behind him waiting and waiting and waiting. They've been at it 15 minutes. Now he's taking the time to look up other codes on his phone. I'm gonna kill him...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's brutal, WyColo... I hope you can get a tag after he's done farting around.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same thing going on here as well some guy with a crew of family members [bleep]! I'm only interested in two tags

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,600 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.