Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MountainMariner
[Linked Image]

That's one goof that I hope I never do!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Especially is there's a "bone cookie" in that case mouth. shocked grin

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
[Linked Image]

Two questions...
1-What cartridge? Looks like a 30 Blackout.
2-How did it happen? Going full speed on a progressive press?

Just be glad it wasn't a 45 Colt. laugh

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If the book load shows the most accurate load is at the book max, you should start testing at book max to save time and components. That part about starting at the min is just to make the lawyers happy. Right?

WRONG! Heed that starting load advice

Last edited by Remington725; 07/26/16.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by slm9s
When you were changing powders with your chargemaster be sure and close the side port after you empty out the first powder otherwise you'll wonder what that sound is as you're filling it with the second powder and it's pouring all over your reloading bench

This!!! And to add a little bit to it, don't reload in a room with with a nice shaggy carpet on the floor! Carpet and rifle powder are not a good mix.

What a great thread!!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

That looks painful eek

Gerry.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It certainly does. I can't imagine how that's done, except maybe on some automated equipment. Holy Moses.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Momma is fixing dinner. But I just lost my appetite.

My God, that looks painful. I think I would rather suffer scope eye.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't seat bullets in charged cases you haven't primed.

Don't seat bullets in charged cases you HAVE primed, if the primer is in backwards.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

You can judge the character of a man that takes a picture before going to a doctor...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
When the doctor asked how it happened the patient replied, "I can't really put my finger on it."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't spend money on gadgets that you don't really need just because some people say that they are "must haves".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by slm9s
When you were changing powders with your chargemaster be sure and close the side port after you empty out the first powder otherwise you'll wonder what that sound is as you're filling it with the second powder and it's pouring all over your reloading bench

smile I learned that trip the hard way years ago when I first starting using mine.

Ted
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Just started reloading last year and this was my first goof! Dang!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 87Ford

Just started reloading last year and this was my first goof! Dang!

I worked it backwards. It took me nearly forty years of handloading to make that goof. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ditto on the side port of the chargemaster. Think it must happen to EVERYONE who has one at least once smile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once was plenty!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Oh the memories lol. My best one is never mix your powders up put them away when your done, I once put a full load of Winchester magnum rifle powder in my .270 Win. It fired and blew the case head off and jammed the action up. Had to beat the bolt open with a log.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by pymi
Oh the memories lol. My best one is never mix your powders up put them away when your done, I once put a full load of Winchester magnum rifle powder in my .270 Win. It fired and blew the case head off and jammed the action up. Had to beat the bolt open with a log.

Sound advice right there. A log you say.......damn.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Do not ever forget to look into the charged cases with a pen light, when loading fast powders into mag revolver cases.

I have never found a double charged case yet...............YET!

Do not go deer hunting with 30-06 loads seated into the lands so tight that when the buck gets away without you taking a shot, and you clear the chamber, you end up with an action full of H4831 and a 165 gr Speer bt lodged in the throat.

But if such a situation should befall you, you might carefully clean the powder from the rifle. Raid your buddy's Honda XL 350 for a cheap pair of pliers. Pull the bullet from a second cartridge. Carefully hold the muzzle in a verticle orientation, while closing the bolt on the debulleted cartrige. Then point the rifle in a safe direction and pull the trigger.

Yep, about thirtyfive years ago, in my beginning days. And see, there is a good reason to load boat tail hunting bullets.

Oh, and one final never: Never leave home on a hunting trip unil you have cycled every round through your rifle once.

I've charged cases that weren't primed. Frustrating to say the least.

I also one time had an incomplete/partial discharge. Don't know what the hell happened but I had a bullet lodged in the bore. I did the same as above. Pulled a bullet, chambered a primed and charged (but bulletless) case in the chamber, looked away and pulled the trigger.

It worked and I continued on with my day.

To add my own: when using a balance beam scale, make sure it is on a solid surface...not something that will flex when weight is put on it. It'll throw that scale off faster than beer goggles.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 51 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,727
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.