Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Glad to see .22 rim fire prices and supply getting better. I have also been seeing Winchester and CCI available at most Walmarts here in Austin as well, but limited.

Waiting to see if CCI Blazer bulk becomes available again, that is what I prefer, not around in town at this time. Most places have smaller selection and only 2-3 brands on their shelves, and the cost is still on the high side. Figure it will get better when the [bleep] is out of the White House, but with him only there for a few months and legislatively neutered, the ammo prices and supply should get better than it has been.

Anyone know if CCI Blazer bulk will come back? How are things in your neck of the woods?

BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just heard from another site that the Tualatin Cabela's is pretty much stocked up on 22lr. For any of you Oregon guys out there. Bout damn time...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have not seen 22lr in the local wallymart in years. I think they are waging a private "limit their ammo" campaign. The local gun stores do have some. Everybody says it is not due to Obama. I say otherwise.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Our Walmart has a great stock of CCI 22CB shorts and longs, but nothing else. Something they never had when supply was good. The clerk did tell me that the usual resellers weren't showing up like they use too, so I guess they are getting supplies elsewhere.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In up state NY 22 ammo is readily available but you will have to look more in the smaller Shops, it is available in the big box stores but generally with less regularity .
I've also noticed the limits seem to have been eased or lifted all together .

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
At a Field and Stream the other day, the clerk said bring your truck around back and I can give you more than you probably want. Had a buy one get the second half off sale going on.

Saw a good bit of CCI varieties, Ely target, Federal and some bulk packs. Winchester I think.

Last edited by battue; 07/30/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I quit buying .22s locally altogether. Anything I want can be found online with a little diligence and the gas and time I save more than makes up for shipping costs. I don't have to settle for what's on the shelf and when I buy a brick or two, all the boxes will be the same lot. The prices I pay for good ammo are reasonable, I think. Most bulk ammo has been disappointing accuracy-wise and has given me numerous FTFs, so I don't waste my time or money on it.

A number of LGSs around here only keep .22s around as a courtesy, similar to the meager stocks of reloading components they stock. The one store that has a good variety charges prices that have to be seen to be believed, almost $10 for a box of Blazers a couple of years back.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw my first Win Power Points in years the other day. Priced at $50 a brick. Double what my last purchase was, so I passed.

1Minute
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
1minute,

From all the reports I've heard the Power Points showing up now are NOT the same as the Power Points so many of us had such great luck with before the panic/shortage. Everybody I've heard from who tried the recent stuff says it doesn't shoot nearly as well as the older PP's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Seems the availability is better, at least it is on the shelf. Prices are for the most part still high. Mostly off brand HV and expensive target stuff. CCI Wincester Federal not really found often.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Local Wal-Mart has been getting some Fed Auto Match in regularly. Wheeling Cabela's has shelfs full of many different brands. Bulk and target. Prices are still much higher than a few years ago. If you can offset the cost with coupons or points it's tolerable.

22 Mag is still hard to get and HIGH. Boxes of Rem 33g on the shelf for $24. Hope to see Hornadys back soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mule Deer:
From all the reports I've heard the Power Points showing up now are NOT the same as the Power Points so many of us had such great luck with before the panic/shortage. Everybody I've heard from who tried the recent stuff says it doesn't shoot nearly as well as the older PP's.

Can't prove it by me. I'm still well stocked and will refuse to resupply at twice the historic prices.

1Minute
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Walmart this afternoon had just put out a case of CCI 22LR, in paper boxes of 50. Limit 3 boxes at $3.47 / box. First time I've seen anything other than Federal match, or CCI 22CB stuff,or an occasional 22 shotshell box, in at least 2 years. The clerk said he hasn't seen the guys that buy it for resale in awhile, so supply must be getting better. Good thing too, I'm down to about 25000 rounds in my pre-shortage stash.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ring3
Local Wal-Mart has been getting some Fed Auto Match in regularly. Wheeling Cabela's has shelfs full of many different brands. Bulk and target. Prices are still much higher than a few years ago. If you can offset the cost with coupons or points it's tolerable.

22 Mag is still hard to get and HIGH. Boxes of Rem 33g on the shelf for $24. Hope to see Hornadys back soon.

$24! Dang. That's about what Prvi .22 Hornet goes for. Fiocchi .223s loaded with VMaxes can be had for less, often with free shipping. Glad I gave up the .22 Mag habit.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You can shoot 17 hmr cheaper than that

Tater
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you think the last shortage was bad, wait until (God Forbid) Over-the-Hillary gets elected President. You ain't seen nothin' yet! I have plenty of .22LR. Now I concentrate on Powder/primers and bullets.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
If you think the last shortage was bad, wait until (God Forbid) Over-the-Hillary gets elected President. You ain't seen nothin' yet! I have plenty of .22LR. Now I concentrate on Powder/primers and bullets.

We've been reading the same books.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
You can shoot 17 hmr cheaper than that

That's true, but the Hummer suffers from the same problem as the .22 Mag: too hot for edible small game, and a little light for yotes. Plus, when the .22CFs are all empty, I can fill them up again real cheaply and the busy work keeps me out of titty bars. It's pretty easy to turn either the Hornet or the .223 into a squirrel and rabbit rifle at the loading bench.

I wish I'd had a Hummer back when I was shooting starlings by the barrel-full. I bet it woulda really made them go POP!

Last edited by Pappy348; 08/01/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just ordered 500 HP Mini-Mags. They're not the best in my favorite rifle, but do well in pretty much everything, always go bang, and are proven small game killers. I buy them whenever I see them as long as the price is normal.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Just ordered 500 HP Mini-Mags. They're not the best in my favorite rifle, but do well in pretty much everything, always go bang, and are proven small game killers. I buy them whenever I see them as long as the price is normal.

That's pretty much my opinion of them. Not the best in any rifle, but reliable, and way better than most of the non-match loads. (I try to keep a bunch on hand always). I buy bulk stuff to plink with, but keep the CCIs for hunting.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
501 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 43 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.