Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Plainsite
I've been reading this thread for a while now. Wow!
Signed up today to make my first post:

I've known Robert for many years and consider him a very good friend and valuable industry colleague.

This thread is very disappointing and looses credibility with each subsequent post.

Three pages of insults, complaining and negativity. This thread is a social media group therapy session for a handful of guys who have their fragile little egos hurt.

On Robert's Website it specifically states that he does not guarantee build times and that he builds each rifle himself.
A year+ is not a long wait for one of the top smiths in the US. And yes, he is still very much at the top of his game; you'd be enlightened once out of this forum's little bubble.

Robert's time is stretched very thin - much of it helping other well-known industry people trouble shoot or problem solve. Robert is very generous with his knowledge and time and above all else, he is honest.

Currently much of his time is devoted to R&D for some very exciting products that will prove significant contributions to the Precision Rifle Community.

Yes I know the OP was about "communication."
And no, Roberts communication is not perfect - but this thread has snowballed into a childish banter of insults and name-calling. We are all human and have lives outside of our day job or business - things get delayed - life happens.

This community is small. Very few people here are truly anonymous even though many post comments like they are 10 feet tall and bullet-proof - Do you guys wonder why you are having trouble now?

What a delusional post. You think you guys get to do whatever you want, justify it however you want, and the rest of us just get to deal with it?

And you are saying that Gradous is going to get back at the 24HC crew because of this thread by continuing to ignore his customers while holding onto thousands of $'s worth of gear? Unreal but not surprising...

I can think of one profession where people think they can get away with this type of behavior, gunsmithing. Literally anything else in this country your azz would be fired years ago...

The good thing about it is that there are choices. Gradous will never be one of mine....

[video:youtube]M2lfZg-apSA[/video]

No Rifle for You!

David

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwill350

He's probably had my stuff for three years or so. I don't even have any hard feelings. I would just like to be able to get in touch with him to get my things back.

Your patience is quite admirable. I'd have been traveling at the two-year mark. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff Hicks 2.0

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plainsite:

You post that [bleep] as your first post on the campfire, you weren't "planted" on here or anything were you.........

Last edited by 300MAG; 07/28/16.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

I've known Robert for many years and consider him a very good friend and valuable industry colleague.

This thread is very disappointing and looses credibility with each subsequent post.

Three pages of insults, complaining and negativity. This thread is a social media group therapy session for a handful of guys who have their fragile little egos hurt.

On Robert's Website it specifically states that he does not guarantee build times and that he builds each rifle himself.
A year+ is not a long wait for one of the top smiths in the US. And yes, he is still very much at the top of his game; you'd be enlightened once out of this forum's little bubble.

Robert's time is stretched very thin - much of it helping other well-known industry people trouble shoot or problem solve. Robert is very generous with his knowledge and time and above all else, he is honest.

Currently much of his time is devoted to R&D for some very exciting products that will prove significant contributions to the Precision Rifle Community.

And no, Roberts communication is not perfect - but this thread has snowballed into a childish banter of insults and name-calling. We are all human and have lives outside of our day job or business - things get delayed - life happens.

This community is small. Very few people here are truly anonymous even though many post comments like they are 10 feet tall and bullet-proof - Do you guys wonder why you are having trouble now?

Plain.....let me start by saying you don't have the first clue, or any clue for that matter, robert used to be a one man show , now he has a guy that does the chambering in his new CNC so let me clue you in.....that means 2 people are involved with each rifle + a guy that does all the shipping, so the one man show is over, communication in a timely matter is all that most guys want, there are a host of other issues that are known by just a few guys here at the fire, that if mentioned here would really get people with rifles there fired up, so don't start posting like you have a clue because you don't!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Jeff Hicks 2.0

That was the name I could not remember.
This place is like the movie groundhog day.
It just repeats.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This attitude is exactly why Gradous should have lawyers and law enforcement crawling all over him for STEALING people's stuff and money.

The sooner he is driven into bankruptcy and /or jail the better.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

747 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Please give me just ONE example where a business can hold thousands of dollars of a customers money for over a year and not respond once via text phone call or email for 8 months and it be considered ok????? Plainsite I will be waiting for your answer

Last edited by 747; 07/29/16. Reason: Add info
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Taxidermists pull the same schit...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No excuse but this too ^^^^^^^^^^^

They hold the cards....

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 747
Please give me just ONE example where a business can hold thousands of dollars of a customers money for over a year and not respond once via text phone call or email for 8 months and it be considered ok????? Plainsite I will be waiting for your answer

Attorneys.

747 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
devnutt I have to disagree.my attorneys keep my thousands of dollars but they or one of their reps will IMMEDIATELY take my call 24/7. Not the same still waiting for answer from plainsite

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 747
devnutt I have to disagree.my attorneys keep my thousands of dollars but they or one of their reps will IMMEDIATELY take my call 24/7. Not the same still waiting for answer from plainsite

747nutt, obviously you've never dealt with estate attorneys. Good luck with the value your receiving.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ron Jeremy is building my next rifle. If I'm going to get f*cked, might as well get f*cked by a pro.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My last build was screwed together by a campfire regular, and took like 3 weeks...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Ron Jeremy is building my next rifle. If I'm going to get f*cked, might as well get f*cked by a pro.

He's a technical wizard.

[Linked Image]

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by teal
Jeff Hicks 2.0

That was the name I could not remember.
This place is like the movie groundhog day.
It just repeats.

dave

Went to his shop once when I was in TX. Got a good hassle from Border Patrol but other than that - he seemed nice. Crew seemed nice. Place was small.

Wasn't long after his issue hit. Maybe a year? I don't know what ever happened to him.

IIRC he had a partner Clay (?) that was a rather nice guy too. IIRC Clay was trying rather hard to keep the place afloat while Jeff was doing his shenanigans.

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Same kind of crap often happens with custom knife makers. It's mostly a one man show. They take money in advance ,then when any life crisis happens they have spent the money and are not able to do the work. Most of the time they stay afloat a while robbing Peter to do Paul's work, but it eventually catches up to them and then they get too ashamed to answer the calls. It's really a shame and communication with honest would always help matters.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Same kind of crap often happens with custom knife makers. It's mostly a one man show. They take money in advance ,then when any life crisis happens they have spent the money and are not able to do the work. Most of the time they stay afloat a while robbing Peter to do Paul's work, but it eventually catches up to them and then they get too ashamed to answer the calls. It's really a shame and communication with honest would always help matters.

I disagree, just as I disagree that it's something that happens with taxidermists too.

The people that it DOES happen to are people with LOW MORAL CHARACTER, regardless of profession.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I disagree, just as I disagree that it's something that happens with taxidermists too.

The people that it DOES happen to are people with LOW MORAL CHARACTER, regardless of profession.

I don't really know what you are disagreeing about. I didn't mean my post as an excuse. Yes, low moral character is certainly a major contributor.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.