Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Encumber your browser with add-ins (1), or encumber your browser with ads (infinite). Your choice.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally did Adblocker (sp?) with the arrival of a new PC. Things are seamless and fast now. Still sad that one needs such an installation solely for this site. Never an issue anywhere else.

1Minute
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Some big news announcement here..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
switch to Brave as your browser

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
After the dozens of discussions we've had here about using Adblock Plus which effectively kills all those ads, I can't feel sorry for anyone who puts up with them.

I"m slow on computer stuff. And run almost all macs so it was rarely an issue, but the first time that crap showed up, I read a bit of stuff on a serach, and put on adblock plus....

Thats been some time ago.

Evidently some are even slower than I. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This thread will probably run 100-200 pages

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I may have to try adblocker.. I am not plagued by ads, but the letters are slow to appear as I type. The pages constantly lock up I have to go pack to the previous page then switch back to the page I want to read. Could be my computer is old.. Maybe this willhelp.

Try ccleaner.

Safe, free, effective.

Clears cookies, registers, caches, etc.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

ETA: it's not an adblocker. Do that too.

Last edited by ironbender; 08/01/16.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I may have to try adblocker.. I am not plagued by ads, but the letters are slow to appear as I type. The pages constantly lock up I have to go pack to the previous page then switch back to the page I want to read. Could be my computer is old.. Maybe this willhelp.

Those were problems I was experiencing as well. No longer.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
This thread will probably run 100-200 pages

Oh, great.......

WTH is this thing here, and not up in the Freakshow?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If there was ever a consideration buy something new, I would suggest a Mac. I've had several different PC's and now I have had two Mac's over the last ten years. I still have a top notch PC sitting here which is a new business supplied Dell.

I'll choose the Mac 100% over any PC every time I get on line. It's just a better machine and design. The learning curve for the differences are no problem because it's made with so much more thought to the human being operating it.

I have had to write countless articles and a couple books. During this time I was using a PC. ( well the first book was with a typewriter but I'm getting old) I would have completed projects in half the time without the random loss of work when the PC locked up or puked on me in the middle of the project. That was the original frustration driving me to go to the Mac.

In the ten years I have had Mac's now, I cannot recall a single time EVER that they locked up or dumped my work. I hope with Jobs gone they continue the tradition of high quality and user friendly designs. I cannot ever see going back to a PC again.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Keep on doing the same thing and expecting a different/better result? crazy

Ad-blocker+

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ABP +1.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Best thing I did is switch from Chrome as my browser to Firefox. Much faster and minimal "lock-ups".

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The problems I'm having are different. My computer has gone off three times while I've tried to write this. The site won't keep me logged in, won't let me page up or down, and then it just stops working. No movement at all. When it does come back on, it may be for ten seconds or ten minutes...then goes off again. I've been logged on at least 10 times tonight and have only read three threads. It's really not worth it to a guy that hasn't got any computer savvy. powdr

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What does this thread have to do with "General Big Game."

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beating on a dead horse here guys. Ad Block Plus is your friend. I've been on here for years and have never once experienced the misery you folks speak of. Just do it and don't look back.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Plus 1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
After the dozens of discussions we've had here about using Adblock Plus which effectively kills all those ads, I can't feel sorry for anyone who puts up with them.

Never heard of it. How much doe it cost? wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The pages constantly lock up I have to go pack to the previous page then switch back to the page I want to read. Could be my computer is old.. Maybe this willhelp.

Do you ever clear the cookies out of your computer? I find that this helps me the most when things start slowing down. First sign of anything I think is not right, clearing out cookies is the first thing that I do. Works for me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Does my Kindle Fire use the Android app?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.