Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Changing times. Field and Stream is a store and grown men are discussing their experience with Dick's... grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by southtexas
Thanks, guys. this has been a very enlightening thread. As a matter of fact there is a Field & Stream going in next door, so perhaps that is worthy of a little cautious optimism. smirk

I like field and stream. They run decent sales. Plus, they accept Dick's gift cards which is nice since you can usually pick them up at a discount.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
They have the same stuff in the Vestal store so probably others as well. Dickhead.

It's just not in your DNA to have an adult discussion without name calling, is it?
I always thought you were a dickhead since way back in the Huntamerica.com days. Nothing's changed.

30+ guys all make consistent comments about Dicks. Then you your first comment is Except that it's all wrong. Dicks is great.

Yep, nothing has changed.
Then go pay more at Gander or bass pro ya stupid f*ck. I've bought over 20,000 rounds of .22 LR at Dicks in the past few months while the shelves have mostly been bare at Gander and bass pro. Was at the Utica bass pro just last weekend and all they had on the shelf was 3 measly 100 packs of CCI standard velocity. The shelves at the Binghanton Dicks were stacked with CCI mini Mags, Remington golden bullet bulk packs, Federal auto match 325's, Winchester 555's, Winchester M-22's and both Remington and Winchester HV .22 shorts when I was in there two weeks ago.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They have the same stuff in the Vestal store so probably others as well. Dickhead.

It's just not in your DNA to have an adult discussion without name calling, is it?
I always thought you were a dickhead since way back in the Huntamerica.com days. Nothing's changed.

30+ guys all make consistent comments about Dicks. Then you your first comment is Except that it's all wrong. Dicks is great.

Yep, nothing has changed.
Then go pay more at Gander or bass pro ya stupid f*ck. I've bought over 20,000 rounds of .22 LR at Dicks in the past few months while the shelves have mostly been bare at Gander and bass pro. Was at the Utica bass pro just last weekend and all they had on the shelf was 3 measly 100 packs of CCI standard velocity. The shelves at the Binghanton Dicks were stacked with CCI mini Mags, Remington golden bullet bulk packs, Federal auto match 325's, Winchester 555's, Winchester M-22's and both Remington and Winchester HV .22 shorts when I was in there two weeks ago.

there you go again with the name calling...yes, some things never change.

Blackie, I don't know you from Adam (for which I'm eternally grateful!). But based on your many, and consistent posts, you strike me as a person who:

1) has lived within a small area all his life, doesn't understand that other areas are different and can't grasp that different techniques work better in different areas.

2) has never matured to the point of understanding that reasonable minds can differ. It seems you have very strong opinions based on your experiences, and anyone who has a differing opinion must be stupid, without merit, and worthy of only your disdain and name calling.

At any rate, I've wasted more time on this than it's worth, and hopefully you are different in person. Have a good life

ST,
your favorite dickhead

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was in one 10-12 years ago. Never saw a reason to go back.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dick's has a couple stores in the Rochester NY area. I'm in one of 'em now and then and even buy stuff sometimes. Last time I was there they had quite an extensive handgun case and a bunch of Leupold scopes but I was tight on time and couldn't stop long enough to check out the prices. I've gotten boots, fishing gear, jackets, etc. there that were all decent quality at a decent price. There's also a Gander Mt. and a Field & Stream in this area so Dick's must have to be competitive with them or they wouldn't be here anymore. There was one good joke going around back when Gander Mt. first opened their store in this area: Q: Why do all the lesbians go to Gander Mt.? .... A: They don't like Dick's....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks, guys. this has been a very enlightening thread. As a matter of fact there is a Field & Stream going in next door, so perhaps that is worthy of a little cautious optimism. smirk

F#&K Dicks and and their spin off, Field and Stream. After the shafting they gave their AR supplier and then they pulled the AR's from the Dicks stores (only to sell them in Field and Streams at way higher prices during the panic buying) no gun owner in his right mind should support them in any way.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^^

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
So similar to Gander Mountain or Bass Pro?

Way better than gander. You can actually buy a gun at dicks without taking on another mortgage.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We got a lot of "Dumb Dicks" here at work!!

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pathetic excuse for a store!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dick's opened a new store near me about 4 years ago and sent out coupons
For $10 off a purchase of $10 or more. I went, thinking I would use the coupon on a couple boxes of shotgun shells. To my surprise this particular store did not have a hunting section.

(That was actually a smart move on their part since this store is about 3 miles from one of the better local gun stores AND an excellent local sporting goods store (hunting, fishing, archery, best inventory and prices of safes in town...)

I walked all over that Dick's store twice and could not find anything I wanted, even with $10 free money. I left and tossed the coupon in the trash.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There's one just up the road from my work which is the only one i've ever been into. Basically like Academy only with a lot less selection and worse quality stuff.

guns selection is pretty much just savage axis or ruger ammo selection is really only .223, .270, 30-06 etc. and most will only have one brand and bullet weight of hunting bullets but do have a lot of 9mm and 223 plinking stuff. they do have some game cameras and feeder motors but most just look like cheap chinese knockoffs.

Well worth it to drive the extra 30 minutes to bass pro or academy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dicks will be Dicks.....I don't care for them that much unless I am buying stands, ground blinds or tennis shoes, guns and ammo stink.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Got a great deal on Smartwool socks a few years back because they were priced wrong on the display. They gave me a hassle at the register but the footwear chick admitted the mistake. Generally don't shop there but it was Christmas time and I needed gifts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dicks isn't a bad store but it is mostly a sporting goods store i.e. balls, bats , golf clubs etc with a department that sells guns, camping and fishing gear. Outdoor sports are just one of the departments not the focus of the store. They do occasionally have a decent sale on dove loads or maybe tree stands at end of the season. If you want something specific they can probably order it for you as Dicks has a sister company more alongside the Cabelas model called Field and Stream. I don't know if they can cross order inventory.
I bought a stevens 200 from them several years ago. Someone had given me a gift certificate that I needed to burn up. The guy at the gun counter ordered the 308 chambering I wanted price matched the price to $189 then honored my gift certificate and gave me a $15 off coupon. I was about $75 out of pocket.

Last edited by bangeye; 08/11/16.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They are opening 6 big Dick's here in our area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Best not tell Deflave there's 6 big dick's coming........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hanco

You guys in Texas think even your Dick's are bigger than everyone else's. wink

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Dont check out to many of other guys thangs.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.