Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Went with the Kahr CM9 for $364 new. Pics and results to follow at a later time. Need to get some mags now as the CM9 only came with (1) 6-round.
I will probably buy a G43 at some point also.

Buy once, cry once.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Went with the Kahr CM9 for $364 new. Pics and results to follow at a later time. Need to get some mags now as the CM9 only came with (1) 6-round.
I will probably buy a G43 at some point also.

I haven't handled any of the C series pistols (only P's and K's), but have been considering that very model. be sure to give us a report after you've shot it some, please.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Never owned a Khar.
Have a Glock 43-- lot to like about it--

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had the Khar 9mm for years and traded it for the first Glock 43 I saw in my LGS.
About a month later, after shooting the GLOCK 43 quite a bit, I traded it for the Glock 42 in 380, as I shot my buddy's G 42 much better than my G 43. Also like the size of the 42 better for pocket carry. I carry it with the Speer 90 gr Gold Dot JHP.

My Glock 42 is carried as my BUG. As a back up to my Glock 32 in .357 sig. Only time I carry my Glock 42 as a primary, is when I'm watching late night TV in my shorts at home in my LazyBoy.

Of course, though, there is a 12 ga pump action riot gun setting right behind the front door. cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/05/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Every night, when it comes out of the holster, you pop it a few times

I do the same thing but in the morning.

Dave

I thought I posted this picture under my text, but I guess I didn't.

Looks like you knew what I was referring to, though.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
do I need to dust off my G42 you think?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
The only two I'm considering is the listed ones. Leaning toward Kahr.
Doubt you'll be disappointed.

I had a frame issue with my P-9 a few months ago. Fully knowing it was way beyond the stated warranty, I sent it in to Kahr for repair. I was waiting for a letter with the repair cost. A rather short time later a box arrived. New frame, new S/N, ready to go. No charge.

I still have several Kahrs and, for a CCW handgun, they're hard to beat.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
do I need to dust off my G42 you think?
I use canned air on my carry gun daily, regardless of what gun I carry. Probably less crucial, though, with a striker fired gun like the 42.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have tried several combinations for CCW, constantly looking for the perfect combination.
This included several Kahrs, Glocks, S&W, even a keltec.
I have owned Kahrs in .45,.40 and 9.
For the past year I have carried the PM9 in a semi custom IWB.
My idea of the perfect CCW is one the you can carry all day long and seriously say,I don't even think about it. It is extremly accurate for a pistol its size. I run 3 miles 2 to 3 times a week on a wooded trail the pistols goes with every time don't even realize I am carrying it.
I keep it stoked with Speer 124 grain +P gold dots. Extended mag in the gun, and extra mag on the belt.
After searching for the last 10 years for a perfect CCW I believe I have found one that suits my needs. I will try to post a pic late this eve.

Last edited by j2dogs; 08/10/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I know its not a fancy rig, but it works and works well for me. I don't feel it pulling my pants down, and I am more then confident that it is of sufficient power to do what needs to be done if called upon.

Last edited by j2dogs; 08/12/16.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I vote for the Kahr P9 as you can get your pinky on the grip. Pocket carry of any of these would be rough. Buy a good holster and go. I like Whitehat holsters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For pocket carry I'd get the Glock 42 the 43 is a bit big for me as well.

I prefer Glock's trigger pull over the Kahr's

42=pocket gun
43=ankle IWB gun IMHO.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Glock for me. Say what you will about the Kahr's but they have not been as reliable as Glock for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had a Kahr hang up on me, or a Glock for that matter. There I have gone and jinxed myself lol.
I did have a G20 go kaboom on me from KSP rounds.
[Linked Image]

Does not keep me from Glocks I still have a G20, and a G22. Only they both are sporting KKM barrels with fully supported chambers.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Google is no help deciphering "KSP rounds."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry it was some left over new stock from Kentucky State Police ammo they used in the 80's when they carried 1076 in 10mm

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by j2dogs
Sorry it was some left over new stock from Kentucky State Police ammo they used in the 80's when they carried 1076 in 10mm
OK, thanks. I'm not happy to hear of the Kaboom, since I've recently purchased a 20 myself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would not worry.Shoot good quality new ammo only with factory barrel you should have no problem.
I shoot reloads in mine although what I posted was not supposed to have been a reload but new. Some say the KSP ammo was hot rodded, don't know.
I just went with the KKM barrels you cannot beat their accuracy and just for my own personal confidence the fully supported chambers because of what had happen to me previously.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
deerhunter5555, congrats on your new heater. I've owned and carried a PM9 for 10+ years now. I don't carry it every single day, as I recently picked up a G19 for my carry rotation for reasons I'll explain.

Don't know about your shooting style or requirements for carry, but I can tell you about a couple things that have made my experience better.

First off, get yourself a couple of the extended 7 rd mags, like j2dogs has in his pics above. Do not wait. It will give you a much higher appreciation for the platform and your grip will be light years better. (My experience).

Secondly, if you're going to carry IWB, make sure you get a quality holster. I have a Milt Sparks VM2 that is completely broke in and is extremely comfortable. For those times when I carry IWB, this is my huckleberry. May or may not work for you. They are not cheap and the wait is long unless you can pick one up used. I wasn't that smart and I am left handed, to boot. But make sure you've got something you're comfortable with.

Lately, if I carry one of my Kahr 9mm's (I also have an MK9 I bought a while ago from another forum member for backup), I often pocket carry when the G19 isn't appropriate. Strong side front pocket in a pair of cargo shorts raises absolutely no eyebrows.

I bought the G19 solely because I felt a need to increase onboard capacity when I go down into Indian country. Part of my gig is I am a landlord in south FL. Buying the G19 had nothing to do with any inefficiency of the Kahrs and was solely made for the increased capacity.

I am not necessarily recommending the Kahr 9mm's. They may not be for everybody and other options are available, like the G43. But, they have performed well for me and continue to do so. Since you have already bought one, I thought I'd give you some info I've gleaned over the 10+ years I've carried them.

PS- the action, trigger, slide will get easier and much smoother after you've got some rounds through it. Not sure what the problem was that someone mentioned about breaking them down, but they are the easiest guns I own to break down. Pretty sure I could do it with my eyes closed. smile

Best Wishes,
LD

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I totally agree with you local dirt, about the G19. I live in a very rural area and even when I get to the big city it is either Lexington, or Huntington.
Areas like you mentioned having to go into I don't know if I would feel safe with an AR slung across my back.
Circumstances definitely dictate your choice.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.