Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Is there a reason the employees at Ruger never unionized?

Probably because Unions are for Idiots.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My company gave me one as a retirement gift. .45 long Colt, curly maple wood, color case hardened. Beautiful piece.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by TexasRick
Ruger wasn't always made in Arizona....the company started in Connecticut. Bill Ruger (ahead of the other manufactures as usual) moved from the East years ago.

If Winchester, Remington, Colt and Savage had done so in the 1960's instead of cheapening their products until they could no longer compete in quality AND price.....they might still be just as strong as in previous generations and not owned by corperations.

Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to do business in New York or Connecticut when places like Montana, Alabama and the Carolinas would welcome they with open arms and provide cheaper labor and low (if not NO) taxes.

Better yet, they should have all moved to business friendly Texas!
As usual you don't know your azzhole from your elbow. Ruger still has a manufacturing facility in New Hampshire. It is non union and doesn't pay it's employees for shyt the last I knew. {I have applied for and been offered a job there and turned it down for lack of money} I doubt they'd be able to get cheaper labor in the West unless they hired illegals and kept them off the books. Remington is still union and pays it's employees comparatively well. Unfortunately, I do currently work for a non-union gun company in the NorthEast and I doubt like hell there would be folks from anywhere else lining up to work for any less than we do.

Unions get a bad name, not because of the line worker, but because of the criminal/political element in the business office. I am all for union workers getting as much compensation as they can. It is the union leadership that is corrupt.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
826 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 85 invisible), 3,244 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.