Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Got my first Dodge p/u last year because I didn't want a Ford F-150 that is made out of old beer cans....and I'd like to be able to check "Own a Hemi" off the bucket list.

So, have a big, bad, black ram with all the bells and whistles. In March, in the church parking lot, try to put it into Drive and No Go. Forward or Reverse. Dodge picks it up and says the rear-end of tranny has a sensor or computer or something that is faulty - they will replace tranny. Dealer keeps it 2+ days and we get it back - nothing out of pocket - truck runs and we are happy.

A couple of days ago, dear, little wife is at the supermarket and I get a call from her - Finns have a mean streak and her's is near the surface. She isn't happy...truck is doing the same thing again. Call dealer - they have to run diagnostics, and must keep the truck for several days, blah,blah and blah.

The damn thing has less than 10K miles...I was planning on keeping it for at least 5 years. Now, not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Any suggestions?

Yeah, buy a Ford.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Any suggestions?

Yeah, buy a Ford.

Uttered by someone who is obviously 100% positive that Fords are completely problem free...................... whistle

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Got my first Dodge p/u last year because I didn't want a Ford F-150 that is made out of old beer cans....and I'd like to be able to check "Own a Hemi" off the bucket list.

So, have a big, bad, black ram with all the bells and whistles. In March, in the church parking lot, try to put it into Drive and No Go. Forward or Reverse. Dodge picks it up and says the rear-end of tranny has a sensor or computer or something that is faulty - they will replace tranny. Dealer keeps it 2+ days and we get it back - nothing out of pocket - truck runs and we are happy.

A couple of days ago, dear, little wife is at the supermarket and I get a call from her - Finns have a mean streak and her's is near the surface. She isn't happy...truck is doing the same thing again. Call dealer - they have to run diagnostics, and must keep the truck for several days, blah,blah and blah.

The damn thing has less than 10K miles...I was planning on keeping it for at least 5 years. Now, not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Time to get FCA involved with this one. Check the lemon law statutes in your state. Most give the manufacturer 3 attempts to rectify a problem before you can go to arbitration for a replacement truck or a refund. Contact FCA customer service and open a Star case, or better yet, have your wife do it laugh

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anything made by the hands of man will have the potential to fail. Even the Germans have made things that break or were manufactured with an error.

I think I would have a sit down chat with the sales guy that you purchased from. This is the guy with the skin in the game. He knows this is bad for you, you and everyone you talk to are going to avoid him and this entire operation forever more! So ultimately this means really bad for him!

The Chat with service is good too, gotta get it sorted, but the sales guy you were dealing with is the biggest loser of the group. Remember Your " brother, best friend, neighbor, kids, co-workers etc. were all so impressed with this truck and the deal you got,... they wanted to come see him to get one too!... Now..... maybe the way this gets resolved to save additional sales is the determining factor on the results you get.

The sales guy usually has some power because they are the customer facing part of the new car business. I've used a sales guy in the past as a lever to get all sorts of things corrected or to magically have an appointment when the service dept. was booked.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, buy an older truck. These new POS mother fu ckers piss me off so much. Computer controlled everything. Bunch of bull chit if you ask me.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bad TCM?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Call Ram directly and open a case. I have had to do that with TOyota, Lincoln with 100% positive results. I have personally seen more issues with GM and Dodge electronics then with all other brands combined. I had a deceased friend that got the NC lemon law enacted on his Ram. Sold the replacment immediately and bought a Ford Super Duty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had to go with a GM claim years ago on a new '96 Sonoma 4x4. Five speed tranny locked up on an Interstate, damn near got run over.

Factory rep authorized a new clutch assembly, after a dealer replaced the tranny, but never touched the clutch. We got rid of the truck after they did a new clutch assembly and then a new flywheel (dealer tried re-surfacting the original flywheel, didn't solve the chatter).

Still had clutch vibrations after all they did. My guess, the lock up also distorted the end of the crank where the flywheel attached?

A friend's son went through the Lemon Law thing on a '97 Dodge half ton 4x4. Dealer replaced the automatic in it twice, still had issues. He swapped the Lemon Law replacement Dodge on a new Ford Power stroke.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Gentlemen,
Thank you for all of the help and advice. The dealer seems to think that the two situations are not related. The first was definately a transmission problem and the second was a switch/linkage problem (minor problem)... We have the truck and it seems to be running o.k. but we haven't really used it since we got it back. I guess that we will see how it goes for a couple/few weeks and if it does it again I will climb the dealership management tree and see how high I have to go to shake loose some satisfaction.

I am not going to go into winter with this problem. Having the latest and greatest 4X4 with the Hemi engine really doesn't mean much if you can't make it go.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.