Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I run both Chrome and FireFox on my laptop. Videos work fine in FF, don't work in Chrome.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB4 (EMPTY)

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I run both Chrome and FireFox on my laptop. Videos work fine in FF, don't work in Chrome.

Same for me.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How come the same thing is happening on other forums? The fix might be down to individual forums/sites, but I think the root cause must be else where...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pete E
How come the same thing is happening on other forums? The fix might be down to individual forums/sites, but I think the root cause must be else where...

Using the Firefox browser embedded YouTube videos display and play normally for me but with I.E. browser I get just the "black bar" and no video.

Right clicking on an embedded YouTube video using Firefox it says it's "HTML5 player".

With I.E. browser right clicking on the "black bar" says it's "Adobe Flash player".

At YouTube's website videos play fine with either browser.

Weird, huh,,,?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
...Never ceases to amaze me how much trouble some people have viewing this site, while others have nil...

Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Windows 10...

Well duh! Not everyone is using Windows 10.

Mine is Windows 7 Pro, Chrome with Adblock+. Getting black bars only. Switching to Firefox allows me to view the video.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2

Using the Firefox browser embedded YouTube videos display and play normally for me but with I.E. browser I get just the "black bar" and no video.

Right clicking on an embedded YouTube video using Firefox it says it's "HTML5 player".

With I.E. browser right clicking on the "black bar" says it's "Adobe Flash player".

Weird, huh,,,?

Checking around at some other websites I found embedded YouTube videos still display and play properly for me using I.E. browser at the Kentucky Hunting website AND it's with Adobe Flash Player too...?!?!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Weird, huh,,,?

Checking around at some other websites I found embedded YouTube videos still display and play properly for me using I.E. browser at the Kentucky Hunting website AND it's with Adobe Flash Player too...?!?!

Even weirder, at Accurate Reloading forums, embedded YouTube videos not only have the same vertical "black bar" on the left side as the Campfire, they also have another narrow vertical "black bar" over on the right side of what would normally be the embedded YouTube video screen.

At the very bottom of the narrow black bar the letters 'O' and 'U' of YouTube are visible.

Left clicking on those letters opens up the "Allow Once" option bar to view video at YouTube's website.(I'm using I.E. browser.)

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9111080861/m/7231081861

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like the BB software has been updated and is working again for me.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pugs
Looks like the BB software has been updated and is working again for me.

Thanks for the heads-up. It is for me now too. Good news!
Glad I hadn't started tinkering around and making unnecessary changes to my machine yet.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep. Working here again on the iMac...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,358 guests, and 713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM