Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
R
Remy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Hondo64d

Thanks for the input. U say a little hard to see but still working in low light would be good enough.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The 10x works ok in low light provided you are close enough to rely on the post. The 6x is better. If you need to see the tic marks in low light, the 10x leaves me wanting. The 3-9 is MUCH better in that regard.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
fredrica,

Ain't it a fascinating constant,that you've more pics of me Outdoors in "your" album,than you do of yourself? 'Tis another right proper Dichotomy,that you've more pics of my Splendid Wares,than of your Goat Fhuqks. Congratulations?!?

Knock 'er outta da' Park and dangle a pic of that Goat Fhuqk you suffer,with a slain Beastie. Hint. Laffin'!

Also VERY "surprising",that you are wayyyyyyyyy beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" when TRYING to "talk" something as simplistic as 22LR's. Hint.

1000 more words for "your" album. Now you can say you've "seen" one too. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

I'm at ease in musing blades too(understatement) and doubt I've more than a couple/few hunnert...unless I'm sandbagging. Hint. Wink,wink...nod,nod. Laffin'!

Now you can say you've "seen" one!!!

[Linked Image]

Your WELL founded Insecurities never disappoint in their oblivious grandeur,nor does your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS. It simply remains a shame,that you are devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite,to garner an inkling to your SENSATIONAL Dumbfhuqkery.

Mebbe wax eloquent on CDS,Cough Silencer ammo carrier and your "hard charging" ways. Here's to the perpetual hilarity,of you doing your BEST.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

'fiable,

For one who had never driven a rifle at a distance that great,I'm purty certain you did just fine.(grin)

Too bad time and weather weren't more cooperative,as an Anschutz Onslaught woulda been a hoot.

Next time.

'efee,

Careful now...because fredrica has tirelessly pledged that she "don't care"...as she swipes my pics and has Retards practice spelling my name.

Bless her heart.

Laffin'!

'64d,

I've heard good thangs about the 6X MQ.(grin)

It's on an EPIC tear this year,upon BIG Bucks.

'Course...it's destined to only get better,given the weather,Season duration and number of tags.

10x for Play,6x for keeps.

Hint.

'hooper,

The 3120 is a good powerhead and I was in on it at R&D level,when the Scandahoovian Techs brought it stateside to demo and Test Drive. Just "happened" to be in the wood it was destined for and had 'em out for a day,to muse particulars.

Were I driving a 60" bar or better all day/every day,it'd get the nod. I never had need for a bar greater than 72" and a 3120 STEALS the show there. Much prefer 394 sights,balance and ergo's,but 120cc's is nice to tap into,when requisite.

Never could like 404,because it cuts sooooooo slow in comparison. I'm purty particular in bar selection and how I keep them dressed,mainly because the wood is always being and the ground never forgiving. With great cubic volumes,come great weight and I'd liken 3/8ths to a Fillet Knife and 404 to a Khukri. I'm at ease in using savvy,to my distinct advantage and 3/8ths opens all doors,without closing any. Nice when things are heavily springloaded or simply weighted,to double cut the kerf,let the snug side marry to itself and work through the opposite side of the bind. Really nice for boring too and cutting key ways,as opposed to sloppily applying Russian Couplings.

A HOT 394 driving an 8-tooth 3/8ths 36" single rivet tip(tougher/less drag than triple rivets),is as small of a bar/chain that I've ever or would run. One could get by in the application with fewer cc's,but those powerheads aren't nearly as rugged,reliable,smooth,balance,air filtration or of like oiling volume to hang in the long run. Was lucky enough to have THE best mechanics on The Planet build my saws,from day one,so it's impossible for me to slum lesser wares.

The 2100 was THE most accurate,as their sights were/are 100%,from either top or bottomside and they'll happily pull a 60",day in and day out. For squeezing the lightest of lays,in the smallest of beds,it has no equal. The Paper Hat Brigade will haveta' Google that and it'll still horn 'em up. Laffin'!

Always satisfyin' to have the ground shake as a 500yr old ++ victim hits the deck.

Money grows on trees.(grin)

Judmam,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your Man Lust continues to consume you. Congratulations?!?

On an average day,just how many times do you think about me? Not a "special" day,just an ordinary one. Just keep putting my pics in "your" album and GOOD luck on trying to convince yourself,that you "could too".

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Remy,

Low ceilings and saturated air have dominated the last 2 months of Season and the 6x MQ has connected all dots and then some.

'Course Big Game Seasons go all 12 months of the year here in Kansas,so it ain't fair for the Fence Hoppin' Window Lickers to TRY to compare...but it IS fhuqking funny!

Laffin'!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cool info on the saws. Big trees are a special kind of treat to fell.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
R
Remy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Does SWFA have labor day sales?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Wow, that's right cool! All I got is two Barkies and a Buck knife.

That prob get you all the way up to 5 foot 4, eh?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'hooper,

My timing was right on all of it and I managed to mow lotsa Old Growth,day in and day out...to the tune of having cut over 100,000,000 bd ft.

Never had a tree with much over 280-feet of logs in it. My Bucker is working up the top.

[Linked Image]

Never cut a victim much greater than 14-foot in diameter and them satisfactions is forever.

The Outdoors have been more than a whole fhuqking bunch good to me.

Remy,

In actuality,every day is a sale and it do not pay to linger. Had a good kid work for me this summer and he was musing Snoopy Binoculars for his Moose Hunt,so I bought him some Zeiss 10x from Chris,for his troubles. Never had ANY luck with the "vaunted" New York "Outdoor" Store crowd,though their Turd Polishing cracks me the fhuqk up.

Camera wares excepted,from the mainstay players in that game,which hug the wrong Coast and whom I've flung more than a few checks to. Hint.

Avoid the MOA/Mil versions. The MOA/MOA platforms are sound,though I only have (3) of 'em. MQ is where it's at and nothin' touches them. 6x for Utility and 10x for Giggles,if you must.

You've been led to water.

Hint.

SuperKchunt,

No need to wax eloquent on the sweet "satisfactions" that are your's,in being a Window Licking Turd Polisher,who has never turned a lick. Congratulations?!?

The poignant profundity of my influence,goes without sayin'...just sayin'. Google it. Hint. Laffin'!

Prolly should give a certain sonofabitch a jingle on the horn,to get another blade coming. Thanks for the reminder. Laffin'!

Ain't it a hoot,how every time I dangle Splendid Pixels,you get a new picture for "your" album?!? Which decade was it,that you last stepped Outdoors?

As an aside,MDT took the "hint" to go Rimfire and is offering Annie 1712 Chassis Bitches,amongst others. It would seem that a 1712 FWT from CC would go nicely in same and I hear good thangs about Bob's 1913 extended 75MOA rails in conjunction with a 10x MQ,so as to yield 40 Mils+ after zero. You know what I mean.

Hey wait...NO you fhuqking do NOT. Laffin'!!!

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,I do prefer XTREME Hardcore Gear ergo's over the LSS,though both need maglatch and mag spring attention,to be fully viable. Ask me how I KNOW,as you set on your couchbound kchunt and GUESS. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The XTREME bein' the portside logo,which adds a hurdle in penning come-ups along same. It's a breeze to scribe 1900yd 223AI/75'Max Smooch dope to 1900yds on the LSS.

[Linked Image]

As an aside,don't "forget" the 10x Fixed fhuqker on a Feinwerkbau 300S in a 27MOA RWS unitized ring/rail. now you can say you've "seen" one of them too,you "lucky" kchunt. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Don't "forget" to put them pics in "your" album too.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man you got some cool stuff right there. My Lee Enfield 303 and Cooey single shot 22LR don't seem so great anymore. Sure would like to see some more pics of your kit, maybe I can get some ideas for some new stuff for myself.

The tree pics are cool too. Must be nice to have such a good jorb. Do you still do that work?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Big Boxer, whats the weight of the EHCG chassis?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

I always getta kick outta your BEST efforts and am rather at ease in providing you new pics for "your" album(s). Congratulations?!?

I have never even seen a SMELLY...you "lucky" bitch. It'd be intellesting to somehow extrapolate it to say a 10x MQ or sumptin' germane the crux of the Thread,if only for perspective. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I hate Winchesters and prolly have too many. What was their role with Cooey?!? All this stuff is purty cornfusing. Tougher to see now,beings I painted the bitch and I'll try to find a pic so you can poke Before and After in "your" album. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Tried me one of them there single shot Japanese Murata's and them Rice Grinders shore gots ergolonomics fingered out. Tough to beat a Teutonic calculator though. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Stateside in 'Murica,Mossberg offers some fairly nice wares,if you like Carbon Fiber and Titanium based Repeaters. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Salvage just introduced a new Lever Gun that's tube fed through the butt and it seems promisin'. Throated especially for Stingers,so they recoil purty hard,but certainly shoot flat. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

3M just came out with a new color of Masking Tape and it seems handy. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Good talk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

ct',

Never tossed 'em on the scale,so cain't know. The XTREME's fore end is far more forgiving in ergonomics(everyone prefers it to the LSS) and it arrives with a typical bipod stud already anchored,where one would want it. Well thought out platform.

I remain hip on Roger's Super Stock,as they anchor well and stay put,less any noise. Their OEM foam cheek pad,don't suck either. Hint.

Just need Ruger to build RAR Rimfires in S/S,opt the 17WSM and it'd be a Utilitarian Hammer in a LSS wearing a Bob 25MOA extended 1913 rail and 'Horn rings,for a 65MOA cookie,to tilt to the 10x MQ in the proper direction.

Junk the trigger blade,re-spring and one would be there..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]
Beer is still on sale

[Linked Image]

Fuuuuuuucccckkkkkk ooooffff Sugar tits.

The stage is set. Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer

In that kind of light even I can see the crosshairs of a MQ super chicken easily.

Critters at first and last light have given me trouble with them though. Maybe my eyes are just $hitty, but I'm keeping my Leupold FXIII's for my serious hunting rifles.

The MQ reticle in the SS 6X or 10X scope is absolutely bad ass for play/prairie dog/open country rifles though. They keep mysteriously multiplying in my safe.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You love me, more than I love me and that's a LOT. [Linked Image]

This whole house was built with no finger being harmed. huntsman you dog you.

Last edited by fredIII; 08/27/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
fredrica,

The last thing I'd wanna do,is slight how "exciting" that is for someone like you. Congratulations?!?

Slow day here yesterday

You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it" and get to see "all" the sights.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'22,

She can only do the BEST she can,with what incredibly fhuqking little she has to work with.

Do NOT slight the "satisfactions" of her "means","abilities" and "experience"...as Christmas Tree Rats are the pinnacle.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..................

T',

Oh I've gots me a "hunch",that I've prolly have a Reupold or two.(grin)

Cain't know of anyone who's got Reticle Chowed on an MQ upon a Splendid Beastie and the 6X's in particular,have been on fire this year...though only (1) Ram went over 40". Should be a coupla 60"+ Mooseses duped in similar fashion,on the next pass.

Weather has been a touch inordinate and I totally got smoked with visibility on the last pass,but it sounds like it's offered a coupla windows since then. Don't look too balmy,as forecasts go and as per always,I'll be curious to see how it pans out.

Some Velvet peeled exceedingly early on the hoof this year,while still running very late(as in a coupla days ago). Antler coloration has already run the gamut,which is atypical,given the date. Splendor has runneth the cup over thus far and it'll only get better.

This was a 50yd on the run fog poke,ala 6X MQ and a 105 Hornie HPBT. I'll look to gun some more low light/compromised atmospheric MQ footage,if only for conversation.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Multiple pards puked Reupolds again last year and the transition away from 'em,is all but complete and largely by unfortunate mandate. Without a doubt,their elder lineage was far more robust than the current efforts.

I reckon I could grab a coupla dozen rifles and a goodly smattering of glass,to extrapolate what do what,in less than optimal lighting/atmospheric conditions.

Hell...I've seen me do it before.

Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Sun was at about 300ft but I was at 200.

A buddy is on the tcam hard as of late

[Linked Image]
http://youtu.be/Q8Ax9W2H54A 1000 yard beer can the NF NXS works as advertised.

My iPhone takes great photos lol.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 08/28/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar Tits, Not to mention now the boy has had his sights on more elk than you.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 08/28/16.
R
Remy Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I decided on the 10X since its mostly a steal plinker. That bull barrel is front heavy. I need to put on a composite hand guard.

Last edited by Remy; 08/28/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

How VERY "exciting" for you to be peeking at Rats in the Pecker Pole Patch,right offa the landing. Congratulations?!?

What is that piece of fhuqking schit in the sillywet peecture? It certainly couldn't muster the requisite "Ooomph",to pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass. You Window Licking Tonka Toy DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot!

This won't pull much more than 500,000 pounds...if only 'cause perspective is not never funnier than fhuqk. Nothing funnier than Flat Landing Fence Hoppers "lauding" their Stupidity,if only obliviously. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Fascinating that Elk are now "rare",as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. I reckon that's why you get soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about a fhuqking RAT in the Rhubarb Patch.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Remy,

I'd chop it's length to 20" and simply weight the butt to balance. You can't lose enough up front with a bull contour,to counteract that constant's requisite. A Slash HEAVY buffer is a nice way to fly and adds mass in a handy location. Stock selection is of course paramount and there are multiple paths there.

There's no way to make a 308 shine and ditching that spout,to score something more svelte in a superior chambering,will only add satisfaction to the equation. You can reap a weight reduction,a length reduction,superior balance/handling,as well as less drop,drift and recoil...if only for starters.

Very easy to arrange a .530BC at 2900fps in a 20" modest contour,for under 20 Clams per hunnert boolits. It smokes Skinners in a Three-Oh-Not So-Great(the best pitch when talking Krunchenticker COAL confines),as flight characteristics go,as well as being able to bank a Smooch and add Precision. The SAAMI 243Win is a fhuqking monster in a Krunchenticker.

If it helps your cause and you lost a fhuqking bet big enough,to be FORCED to suffer a Three-Oh-Not So-Great,I'll give you my 20" DPMS OEM takeoff fluted spout,chambered same. It's better than a .5MOA tube with moly Skinners. I'd MUCH rather reduce contour/length on a Krunchenticker,than add mass to offset a stupid spout's impetus.

Bore internals,matter wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than contour externals. Cow Barrels are where it's at.

Hint..................

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 264mag, 43 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,151
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.