Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone try any of these reels? The reviews are good and the price point is very good too. I just ordered a 2000 C force spinning reels but am looking at the Apex pro casting reel in 5.3:1 for spinnerbaiting and general purpose reaction baits.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just went to their web pages and they look great. I like the looks of the Gliss line too. Thank you for the heads up.

Gary U

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate to be a naysayer, but it looks like the reels are made in China:

Ardent Tackle LLC is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of freshwater fishing tackle and a distributor of Blue Marlin saltwater tackle and WFT Gliss fishing line. With operations in St. Louis and Macon Missouri Ardent is an American owned company that designs our products in the USA and manufactures in China to deliver the highest performance at the lowest consumer cost. Our administration, engineering, quality assurance, shipping and receiving, and sales and marketing personnel are all employed in the USA.

Link:

Ardent Reels

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Sonofabitch...

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
LOL Seal Billy everything is made there today! grin

Well.....almost everything.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
If I had known that I would have gotten another Pflueger Arbor or Supreme.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What reels are made in the USA? I saw the Penn Z series are but seem a little spendy.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wow, I must have missed something. I have an Ardent F700 flippin-pitchin reel Dennie Bauer mdl. Its a very good reel and all over the box and nomenclature I see no mention of China. It has an American flag and says USA made. Everything says USA made. This upsets me as I will not buy Chinese if I can help it. I will buy Japanese reels as they for the most part are of very good quality. This really ticks me off as they are not cheap. I must admit though it is a good reel.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The earlier ardent reels were in fact made in USA. I would love to have one of those 700s. I bought a place on John Sevier Reservior and it's full of grass and bass. I need several new reels.

Only thing about the Ardent reels are a 3 year warranty. That's not to bad but the China thing pisses me off. I'd say they couldn't compete and had to look to China to keep the doors open.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You just made me feel good. I live on Clear Lake in CA which is either one or two in the US and we do a lot of pitching and flipping here. This also holds true for the Delta. Thanks for easing my mind.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail

What reels are made in the USA? I saw the Penn Z series are but seem a little spendy.

I'm pretty sure Avet reels are still made in America. Outstanding saltwater reels.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Got the Ardent reel in the mail yesterday and gave it a good workout today. It's smooth as butter, the bail clicks open and closed with authority. But I don't like the spool design. It has a long small diameter spool. I had rather have a shorter bigger diameter spool because they trow less coils. Shoulda bought another Pflueger supreme for the exact same price.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Sent it back to tackle warehouse and got the 1000. The 2000 has a long small diameter spool that I didn't care for. I exchanged it for a 1000. It has a very short mounting stem and a big bail wire, and it hit my knuckles when I reeled it unless I held the rod funny. After fishing with it 10 minutes it developed a knock. Pos...

I am sending it back one more time and getting a Daiwa Fuego 2000, if I don't like it I will take the damn thing to the boys and girls club and donate it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Billy,

The best Daiwa was and probably still is the original Japanese made GS series. But, they do have an annoying anti-reverse click so I no longer use mine. Beware of the new reproduction ones that are made in Korea. I have not tried those out.

Take a look at the Shimano Sedona reels with the anti-reverse bearings. I have several of the older ones with the grey spool (new ones are gold in color) and just love 'em. Wobble is minimal, they are smooth and the spools are a long cast design. My guess is that a 2500 series or 3000 series might be just about right for you. The 4000's are great for northerns. I think they are still made in Japan. Oh, don't overfill the spool. The older ones come with an extra metal spool. Great reel for the money if you can find one still new in the box. I haven't tried the newer ones. New ones run about $55.00

Last edited by custombolt; 09/14/16.

Life is brief. Treat yourself. You earned it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 21, 58 invisible), 3,282 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.