Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

https://youtu.be/tmtpOVBzF6k

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's one of them evil automatics, disguised as a bolt.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Tested an Aluminum bolt on tank brake

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

Love how all the brake-using Nancy's only think of themselves,

Nothing better than being at a public range with braked rifles on either or both sides of your bench,

Multiple people at the local range have stated to management that they need to consider dedicating a separate range for the braked rifles,

I'm tired of having items blown off my bench by the sideways blast.

Took my son to the range 3 years ago, he was 13 then and sure enough we got trapped in between two braked rifles,

He lost all interest in the rifle range.

Did I mention I hate muzzle brakes?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kenneth - +1. Homesteader

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

Nothing better than being at a public range with braked rifles on either or both sides of your bench,

Multiple people at the local range have stated to management that they need to consider dedicating a separate range for the braked rifles,

Took my son to the range 3 years ago, he was 13 then and sure enough we got trapped in between two braked rifles,

cry Whaaaa! Sniff sniff. Whaaaaaaa! cry

cry

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

There's a fix for that. Take your Weatherby or mebbe a .416 Rigby, .600 Nitro, something of that sort. When the goblins start blowing stuff off your bench, stand up, load up and retaliate. Works most days.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

There's a fix for that. Take your Weatherby or mebbe a .416 Rigby, .600 Nitro, something of that sort. When the goblins start blowing stuff off your bench, stand up, load up and retaliate. Works most days.

Mosin Nagant mod. 38 carbine and heavy ball loads work to.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

You obviously have never gone to a PRS match. Any rifle that doesn't run a can is braked. It greatly improves your ability to spot your hits on steel...especially when shooting from contorted and non traditional positions when shooting off various barricades.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm pretty sure Ted was testing out his design and machinist skills, since he built that brake.

It's your fault for sandwiching your boy between two braked rifles. You could have easily talked to either shooter and asked them to switch positions with you, or you could have packed up and called it a day. It's easy to blame other people for you being too stubborn to find a solution to the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brakes at prone matches are a major nuisance. You definitely don't want to be lying down next to a braked rifle. When someone with a brake shows up, most just shake their heads. It makes nobody happy, nor should it.

I have seen where they make the braked rifle guy either shoot before everyone else, or after. What a PITA. Not only does it prolong the time of the match, it also imparts an unfair advantage. I don't think they should be allowed in certain matches. The brake runners should run their own matches, and blow dirt and grass all over each other, and each other's scope lenses.

I have no problem if someone wants to use a brake for whatever reason, but it should not affect other shooters.........

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of funny post above.

I knew as I posted the clip that it would get some menstrual symptoms to float up to the top quite quickly.

I'm glad I live in the country and not in a city and am not subjected to these horrible "public" range stories.

As taylorce1 stated....this was a test of a large but light brake that I made in my shop.

It was a successful test and the next one will be made to fit a LR AR Prairie Dog rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Real men don't need or use brakes.......

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
When my shoulder can no longer take the pounding, I'll drop down in rifle power, and wont kid myself into arguing with penis envy big gun physics, I'll still be able to hear it all too.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The brake....with most shooters....is usually about recoil

In this case I made it to address muzzel lift or reducing it

The brake in this test vents the gasses up and out

This allows the shooter to see a hit or miss on steel or varmints through the scope

This is why so many hunters outside of the USA use a suppressor on a hunting rifle

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Brakes at prone matches are a major nuisance. You definitely don't want to be lying down next to a braked rifle. When someone with a brake shows up, most just shake their heads. It makes nobody happy, nor should it.

I have seen where they make the braked rifle guy either shoot before everyone else, or after. What a PITA. Not only does it prolong the time of the match, it also imparts an unfair advantage. I don't think they should be allowed in certain matches. The brake runners should run their own matches, and blow dirt and grass all over each other, and each other's scope lenses.

I have no problem if someone wants to use a brake for whatever reason, but it should not affect other shooters.........

Right there is the problem with America, perceive a problem and want special regulations/rules to eliminate the perceived problem. We're becoming a nation of pansies one rule/regulation at a time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

cry

I second that!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Right there is the problem with America, perceive a problem and want special regulations/rules to eliminate the perceived problem. We're becoming a nation of pansies one rule/regulation at a time.

Have you ever tried shooting a prone match lying next to a guy with a brake? Or are you just talking out your ass?

Some may say the problem with America is people speaking of $hit of which they are obviously clueless about.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If your fellow prone match competitors knew a brake got you that far off you're game in a competition you shouldn't be surprised to have one on both sides next week.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Loud? Probably

Muzzel jump? Not much

Recoil? Not much at all

cry

I second that!

The noise and blast wave put out by some brakes is simply obnoxious. There are circumstances where that description fits their users as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I'm pretty sure Ted was testing out his design and machinist skills, since he built that brake.

It's your fault for sandwiching your boy between two braked rifles. You could have easily talked to either shooter and asked them to switch positions with you, or you could have packed up and called it a day. It's easy to blame other people for you being too stubborn to find a solution to the problem.

You're an ass,

I sandwiched my boy? You have no clue what your talking about.

And yeah, I'll pack up and go home even though I have at least two hours invested and a bunch of coin, all because the range is proliferated with Sallys who need brakes on .308's,

Pound sand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.