-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
After a night time foray on my recently acquired Razor, it was very obvious that the the stock lights were very inadequate. The headlights were ok for crawling over rough roads at 10 mph, but for running down the road at 30, I was badly overrunning them. If a black cow should be in the road, I was going to get plastered. So, curtesy of Amazon, I'm lighting up the world. It's not necessary to spend 100's any more for decent light. The new world of LED's has dropped prices to where $50 can do a very good job. I already had a pair of LED floods. I put one on the rear and it really lit up behind me for backing, digging through cargo, etc. It will help a lot when unloading the Razor in the dark, too. I've ordered the same lights in a spot version, too The floods reach out 50 yds and the spots are supposed to be good for considerably farther. The price? Under $20/pair. Then I found a good 6" light bar to rig an interior light. My Razor has a hard top so it's easy to mount them high. I ran wires from the battery, through a fuse, and up to the roof where I split it into 3 switches overhead. With the low amp LED's, a simple 10A fuse and a 14ga wire supplies enough juice to run all of those at the same time if needed.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, I recently installed a $100, 30" light bar on my truck that Huntsman recommended and am quite pleased with it. I've been scanning Amazon for some smaller units like you posted above for back-up lights on the truck, and to install on the back of the horse trailer for after dark work.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This is the one in my pic. It comes in either spot or flood. I have the flood on the back of a trailer and now on the back of the UTV. It really lights things up. About $14 for a pair and Amazon's reviews are very good. I'm getting the spot version for driving lights. They probably wouldn't be bright enough for a pickup or jeep but for the lower speed UTV, they should be great.
LED LIGHT

I'd love to put some on the back of my pickup but there's no place to mount them where they wouldn't get knocked off. The ones on my utility trailer are on the top of the mudflaps. I've considered doing that on the truck, too. Higher would be better but they'd be protected there

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
C
TOTRON LED lights. Cheaper than RIGIDS. I think they are the same exact lights. I have 4- 2x2 w/6 lights each at 1500 watts each on my Duramax and you almost don't need headlights. I paid $100 w/switches, delivered. I've had them on for 3 years with zero issues.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 22kHornet, 224th, 53 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.