Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostman
For $1100 I'd build one out of MUCH better parts than either the Colt or S&W have.

this

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by Ghostman
For $1100 I'd build one out of MUCH better parts than either the Colt or S&W have.

this

Resale.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I figure a 6920 might not be the best move, but it's never the wrong move.

With that said, I wouldn't mind having something a little bit different. Maybe even an A2 style rifle would be nice to have.

I don't think a 6920 is ever a bad move, if you're worried about future availability. But, it seems that you've deviated from your original post.

If you want a 6920, in OEM guise, I see them locally and online. Just buy one. Seems that you're on the fence. I think you need to figure out what you REALLY want... then start the research and questions.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4th_point

I don't think a 6920 is ever a bad move, if you're worried about future availability. But, it seems that you've deviated from your original post.

If you want a 6920, in OEM guise, I see them locally and online. Just buy one. Seems that you're on the fence. I think you need to figure out what you REALLY want... then start the research and questions.

You're right. I'm just looking to scratch an itch. Pennsylvania prohibits the use of autoloading rifles for any type of hunting, and I do not shoot competitively, and so the AR will mostly be a fun range gun and available for HD (or just put up for safe keeping).

I have one AR (a 6920), but I have two kids. I want to fix that soon in case it becomes difficult to do in the future. Another 6920 is the easiest solution. I was hoping to find one locally, but I'll probably need to buy online.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one of the Colt 6920 OEM2's (low profile gas block). Added Magpul stock, Hogue grip, 11" Troy Alpha rail. Eventually I'll address the trigger, but that said it is a nice light rifle and seems to shoot well, at least in initial testing.

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was surprised to see a Colt in my favorite LGS a couple days ago for $999, along with a couple FN-15's. Don't remember the price on those.

Locally, those kind of guns are usually reserved for the big boys who can stock and carry a lot more inventory, not the little guy shops.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I bought one of the Colt 6920 OEM2's (low profile gas block). Added Magpul stock, Hogue grip, 11" Troy Alpha rail. Eventually I'll address the trigger, but that said it is a nice light rifle and seems to shoot well, at least in initial testing.

That's a great-looking set up. I would go with the LE6920-OEM2, but I can't find any in stock. There are a few OEM1 models listed on Gunbroker, but no OEM2 models. The only place I found them in stock online is at All State Police Equipment, but they sell only to individual LEOs and police departments.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have one AR (a 6920), but I have two kids. I want to fix that soon in case it becomes difficult to do in the future.

I hear you, I'm in the same boat. Or, wasgrin

You might want to checkout Palmetto State Armory. You could probably get two rifles, one for each kid, for the price of a single Colt. Either rifle kits, or separate uppers plus lowers. You don't get the name recognition of a Colt, but I've been pleased with everything I've gotten from them. And many of their uppers are mid-length gas. Plus stainless or nitride instead of chrome. All depends on what you want. Inventory might be limited, but they update often.

If you still want a Colt, CDNN has complete 6920s with scope, laser, and other crap. You might be able to sell the crap, and reduce your cost. Defender Outdoors and Botach have complete rifles in-stock as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think both guns are over priced, with the colt all your getting is a basic gun. AR 15's have come a long ways the last few years. even the cheap guns in most cases shoot just fine for your average guy. your average ar 15 likely never even sees 500 rounds. And if you end up shooting more than that your going to want to have upgrades done to the rifle beyond what the 6920 comes with.

I would get a RRA that comes with more upgrades. Or I would get a cheap palmetto gun that allows you to see if you really like Ar 15's that way you can learn what YOU like or want on your gun. everyone is different on what they want on their gun. especially when it comes to AR's. we can't even agree on single vs 2 stage triggers around here. a cheap basic AR will get you shooting and then you can decide when or even if you want to upgrade.

RRA has the operator 3 for less than $1100 bucks its way way more gun than a 6920 I wonder if they are offering it for 18% below the price they have on there. sopmod style stock, upgraded rail, upgraded trigger. 1 MOA guarantee. this gun will outshoot a colt which isn't typically known to be the most accurate gun in the world, because of the chrome lined barrel. These parts aren't the exact upgrades I personally would choose or have chosen for my Ar's however they are upgrades none the less. my RRA has changed alot over the years but its still is the most consistently accurate barrel I have ever had on an AR. everything shoots decently out of it. I can't say that for the other custom barrels I have played with. even I admit RRA is a little behind the times with their guns but the guns shoot and are reliable. here is a review:

RRA video review

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 08/15/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would go with the LE6920-OEM2, but I can't find any in stock. There are a few OEM1 models listed on Gunbroker, but no OEM2 models. The only place I found them in stock online is at All State Police Equipment, but they sell only to individual LEOs and police departments.

Looks like G&R Tactical has them in stock for $740.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LE6920-OEM2

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
G&R is out of stock, you have to add it to your cart to tell.

A RR comes with more upgrades? Good Lord where do come up with this crap? In order to upgrade you need to start with a solid platform, RR ain't it. Then when you upgrade you need to use good quality parts, not the craptical junk RR throws on their crap.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I think both guns are over priced, with the colt all your getting is a basic gun. AR 15's have come a long ways the last few years. even the cheap guns in most cases shoot just fine for your average guy. your average ar 15 likely never even sees 500 rounds. And if you end up shooting more than that your going to want to have upgrades done to the rifle beyond what the 6920 comes with.

I would get a RRA that comes with more upgrades. Or I would get a cheap palmetto gun that allows you to see if you really like Ar 15's that way you can learn what YOU like or want on your gun. everyone is different on what they want on their gun. especially when it comes to AR's. we can't even agree on single vs 2 stage triggers around here. a cheap basic AR will get you shooting and then you can decide when or even if you want to upgrade.

RRA has the operator 3 for less than $1100 bucks its way way more gun than a 6920 I wonder if they are offering it for 18% below the price they have on there. sopmod style stock, upgraded rail, upgraded trigger. 1 MOA guarantee. this gun will outshoot a colt which isn't typically known to be the most accurate gun in the world, because of the chrome lined barrel. These parts aren't the exact upgrades I personally would choose or have chosen for my Ar's however they are upgrades none the less. my RRA has changed alot over the years but its still is the most consistently accurate barrel I have ever had on an AR. everything shoots decently out of it. I can't say that for the other custom barrels I have played with. even I admit RRA is a little behind the times with their guns but the guns shoot and are reliable.

Uh-oh.

The retard cannon seems to be firing for effect.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

RRA has the operator 3 for less than $1100 bucks its way way more gun than a 6920 I wonder if they are offering it for 18% below the price they have on there. sopmod style stock, upgraded rail, upgraded trigger. 1 MOA guarantee. this gun will outshoot a colt which isn't typically known to be the most accurate gun in the world, because of the chrome lined barrel. These parts aren't the exact upgrades I personally would choose or have chosen for my Ar's however they are upgrades none the less. my RRA has changed alot over the years but its still is the most consistently accurate barrel I have ever had on an AR. everything shoots decently out of it. I can't say that for the other custom barrels I have played with. even I admit RRA is a little behind the times with their guns but the guns shoot and are reliable.

Uh-oh.

The retard cannon seems to be firing for effect.

Dave
GFY look up what that means

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TWR
G&R is out of stock, you have to add it to your cart to tell.

A RR comes with more upgrades? Good Lord where do come up with this crap? In order to upgrade you need to start with a solid platform, RR ain't it. Then when you upgrade you need to use good quality parts, not the craptical junk RR throws on their crap.

. How many rra parts have you broke list The event and how it happened. How many bolts have you broke? Stocks? Triggers? Let's nail this down in detail or quit spouting your parroting of what others say. You probably shoot at a gun range twice a year. Come on let's get specific. Maybe we can learn something from you "experiences"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Google tells me it stands for "The Church of Jesus Christ and Ladder Day Saints."

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Check out this God awful group put out by an iron sighted Colt @ 100yds.

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Flave that's real good shootin...did you wipe the frito salt off her hands before she shot it?;)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Granted, I assume folks think that highpower shooting doesn't test how well built a gun is, but if it did, RRA never did fair badly...

I"ve been beaten by a couple of stock RRA service rifles over the years.... of course much better shooter, but thats not the point.

I've not broken any of the ARs I have owned, though I did have issues with 2 olympic arms guns that were barrel/chamber related that were, years later, made good by them...

Any that know me, know I"m not the best at babysitting what I own/run... I tend to use them as tools and put em back int eh tool box...

I"ve had Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, Olympic, EA, RRA(quite a few pieces and parts actually),and a few other names that escape me right now that have not been built into guns at this point...

Can't recall breaking anything over a few years competition, and I forget how many rounds we added up once...maybe 250K possibly?

But again, I dont run and gun, drop em in the dirt, roll on em, gum em up etc... either. While rust on teh surface isn't a big issue with me, the insides or getting em covered in dust/grit/grime does bother me and have tried to avoid that and shooting in the rain if at all possible...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why buy an off brand like RRA when good rifles from Colt, DD, BCM, FN, etc. are available for the same price?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a RR plain jane flat top that I have had for 10 years or so. I have not been gentle, and it still goes bang and shoots pretty damn tight. Personally I'd not hesitate to get another if the price were right.

MAGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,211
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.