Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Your rifle is legal and both CC and rost are still hurt cause you didn't buy a Rock River.

I could never pay Noveske's list prices for his guns but building a Rouge Hunter didn't save me much if anything, once I got all the parts together. The flaming pig is over $100 by itself, the barrel is $450, the VLTOR billet upper is $200, the rail is $200, the GEN II lower was bringing $300 stripped at one time etc. etc...

It's a lot of little things that add up. Do they add up to list price? I don't know but the barrels are hard to beat for a hard use precision barrel. (meaning most target shooters will never run a barrel as hot as these are capable of being run) Do the sum of the parts equal the value of the gun or is money strictly the gauge for that?

Heck I spent $410 on shocks for my 4 wheeler last week and it wouldn't bring more than $1500 on a good day but it was money well spent.

Enjoy your gun.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good WTXJ.

A $1400 home built AR would be worth around $800 as soon as you finished it. The Noveske name carries a lot of weight with a lot of people though and will be much easier to resale of you ever wanted to.

AND it wouldn't be what you wanted. I'd rather spend $2000 on what I want than $200 on what somebody else thinks I should get.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I didn't get to pay full retail. grin

There are a few local builders (24 hour campfire people) who impress me in their assembling skills. Some have proved their ability by shooting state wide and national. I think highly of them.

Me, I'm just an older guy who enjoys weapons of all types, the shooting of these weapons and little hunting. Ok, lots of hunting.

Thanks for the comments.
Oh, enjoy the new shocks, will keep your kidneys alive.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Thanks for all the verbal help guys.

quick pic

[Linked Image]

That's a beautiful rifle & will do all that you want to do with it & it will hold value.

Always have had a hankering for a Noveske........just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

Enjoy, & shoot the hell out of it.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Your rifle is legal and both CC and rost are still hurt cause you didn't buy a Rock River.

I could never pay Noveske's list prices for his guns but building a Rouge Hunter didn't save me much if anything, once I got all the parts together. The flaming pig is over $100 by itself, the barrel is $450, the VLTOR billet upper is $200, the rail is $200, the GEN II lower was bringing $300 stripped at one time etc. etc...

It's a lot of little things that add up. Do they add up to list price? I don't know but the barrels are hard to beat for a hard use precision barrel. (meaning most target shooters will never run a barrel as hot as these are capable of being run) Do the sum of the parts equal the value of the gun or is money strictly the gauge for that?

Heck I spent $410 on shocks for my 4 wheeler last week and it wouldn't bring more than $1500 on a good day but it was money well spent.

Enjoy your gun.

Don't get me wrong now folks.. could care less if someone buys what they want. I will always point out that you pay for names at times though and you don't get a damn thing.

And RRA is a perfect entry level gun for the weekend warriors.

Some demand more and thats good. I didn't shoot a full on RRA when wanting to win matches, though probably close to 75% of the gun was RRA parts on some of them.

You have to remember two things when I post, and I probably should make em stickies on my posts, LOL, I don't sell guns. Resale means nothing at all to me.

Accuracy is about the only thing I"m interested in. Obviously it has to be reliable, but I'm not going to combat with mine, and the odds of having to fire more than a few rounds in self defense or at a deer are slim. Keeping em cleaned and lubed up top, IE not sitting in dust and grime are more important to function than a brand name from where I sit. I"ve a wall full of medals and such out in the barn gathering dust from parts guns that most around here consider junk. LOL. And I'd also be willing to bet that the guts on the top 3 rifles that won P100 at nationals at Perry this year probably were mostly RRA parts... but the smith made a huge difference as did the drivers.

And I'm still one to spend what I want on what I want. 338-06 rebore when the 06 it was would kill moose just fine. Rebarrel a 300 wtby to a 7x300 wtby because I wanted a 7mag, and I had 3 -300s already....

You've done fine if you are happy, thats all that counts really.

Some folks take my comments to seriously around here at times.

Note this, as Blue and TWR have noted, you have a great gun, and it'll hold its value way better than any franken gun of mine. And thats cool.

Let us know how it all works!

410 on shocks... LOL, I spent couple hundred on carb parts and still have an issue I'm tracking and the damn thing wont run and when it does i"ll put an expensive ass muffler on it to quiet it down...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
DId I say, let us know how she shoots? thats all that really matters!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully next week as the rain stops.

Yes Sir, I'm happy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Awesome rifle.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the verbal help guys.

quick pic

[Linked Image]

Very nice! that should work very well for you. I put a 18" Noveske barrel on my last build, and so far it shoots well.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hopefully next week as the rain stops.

Yes Sir, I'm happy.

Oh, never worry about rain stopping in TX in August... let her rip if she wants to.

IC B3

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Tuesday is only 20% chance of rain, so that will be the day.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
How it shoots is all that matters.
Was verifying dope this morning and not really shooting groups but here's 3 shots at 600 yards with an overpriced LaRue light weight barrel.
[Linked Image]
It does have a Noveske lower, LMT stock and RE, Colt bolt, BCM KMR rail and one of those Leupold CDS scopes that ain't supposed to track and it's a home "built" gun.

Edit to add I did miss the 800 plate completely. There was no wind at the bench but a definite wind at the target. These 55's suck in the wind.

Last edited by TWR; 08/20/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
wish he would have another sale on those POS barrels....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
55's at that range is gettin' a bit sporty.

Nice shooting.

For a girl.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice rifle, Wtxj. Look forward to your range report.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I don't know what the sale price was, but they're $225 right now.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I just read an article in Shooting times regarding the new Rock River arms light mountain rifle, it weighs under seven pounds They tested several factory and handloads and a most of the loads shot under an inch. I can vouch for Rock Rivers accuracy, I have a Lar 15 and with certain handloads it will shoot groups just over quarter inch and I have shot groups under two inches at 400 yards.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I got mine out to shoot a week ago. I was pleased for a first outing using some 69 grain handloads, not worked up for them, and some Gold Dot 64 grain factory loads I'd never tried before. Close enough to moa with both loads to know we'll get there easily. I bought both the light and heavier barrels and used FailZero bcg's, Geissele and RRA Varmint triggers, and the new cheap butt stocks from Bravo Company. I hadn't shot all summer (working on the house) so I could have been a little rusty too.

A 18" 7 twist stainless fluted cheapy no name I bought a while back on a whim shot right along with them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
How it shoots is all that matters.
Was verifying dope this morning and not really shooting groups but here's 3 shots at 600 yards with an overpriced LaRue light weight barrel.
[Linked Image]
It does have a Noveske lower, LMT stock and RE, Colt bolt, BCM KMR rail and one of those Leupold CDS scopes that ain't supposed to track and it's a home "built" gun.

Edit to add I did miss the 800 plate completely. There was no wind at the bench but a definite wind at the target. These 55's suck in the wind.

NICE. 55s can be a bit flighty at those ranges for sure.

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Well went out this morning to the range. Of course had to stop and get a case of this while I was out in the area.

[Linked Image]

Ya I was hungry.
Got to the range, went to the 100 yard and started unloading stuff.
Guys next to me came over to look at my new AR, in fact he took it apart just to look. He's built a lot of them I guess wanted to look at trigger. We played with the trigger for a while then those guys left and I started setting up my stuff.
Got everything set, target frame at 50 to start. I went and got a red/green dot. Will have to change that out in the future to a scope.
Red dot had been bore sighted, so had no idea of where it would shoot so that the reason for the 50 start.

The red dot seems to be big, covers the target little to much. Why in the hell did I buy a red dot. Will be corrected in the future.
Got it close at 50 and took the frame out to 100 yards.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,114
Posts18,464,448
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.