Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Daughter starts Duke's advanced nursing school next week. I am employed at a great company, as is the wife. Got our health, and family is blessed too. And I live in the USA.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First grandson born yesterday morning! Nine pounds two ounces - sounds like a keeper!

Retired and the wife and myself have our health. What more could you ask for... Well maybe another shooting iron or two.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Redneck
My son and his new bride are two months into their new home and working every weekend on cleaning/modifying the landscape. He's about to receive his full CPA credentials and she's been given even more responsibility in the hospital labs. They've put a deposit down on a dog they've been wanting for a LONG time; a French Bulldog and expecting the pup's arrival in early November.

We're so very proud of them..

Good deal there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Randy,

If I move up there will you rent me the penthouse and hook a brother up with your top "female" stylist?" I promise too be good to her and pay the rent on time!!! Booty be impotent! grin

I'll even bring all my quality hooch!!

grin

Lol there's a story with the "penthouse" David, in fact several stories

But the latest one is a sad iteration

Just lost a really great tenant & my sis swooped in there like an owl on a mouse!

If you'll come on up, marry my sis, you can live rent free. Heck I'll even supply the hootch!

Naaaah never mind I couldn't do that to you. You've always been good to me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm glad to read this thread and see all the great things everyone has going on.

Ftbt, that's wonderful about your wife's new treatment!

Aside from having spent 12 years with one of the greatest dogs to ever live (I'll admit a little bias), I have a brilliant, caring, and compassionate wife, a loving family, lots of great friends, my health and plenty to do. Oh, and the striper fishing is just starting to heat up.

The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is this date 270Winchester's going on. I can't imagine what a woman like that could have in store for him. I'd proceed with extreme caution. smile smile

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having a blessed year, got a brace for my knee so I don't have to have a bunch of surgery (complicated situation) we have a comfortable home, plenty to eat and are surrounded by our whole family.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I have to get a bridge replaced that I've had since 1969. My Dentist's insurance lady gave me an estimate of $2800.41 but said there is a "missing tooth or replacement" clause in my dental insurance plan and they might not pay anything. I called my insurance company the next day and they assured me I didn't have that clause in my plan because I was insured when I had the dental work done and they would approve the estimate as soon as they receive it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lets see, Me, my Wife and five children know Jesus Christ as Saviour, I have two beautiful granddaughters from my oldest, married daughter, one daughter graduated from college and working, one in college to be a pediatric nurse, my son (junior in high school) is on schedule to Eagle this year, my youngest daughter is a sophomore and a blessing to all that know her. I have a good job, my wife works as director of a daycare where all the kids love her and she is able to minister to them. I am priviledged t preach God's Word every Sunday, except when on vacation. I am scheduled to go to Colorado to hunt in October with my son and some very good friends. My parents are both alive, in somewhat good health. I have an Airedale, along with my son, wife and two daughters also having an Airedale each. For everyone that knows about Airedales you know what a joy, and exasperation that can be :-). I have a good friend that lets me hunt his 200 acres in Ohio with some really nice deer. I have pretty good health as do my children and grandchildren. And, God loves me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Big party set here for tomorrow evening and I'm going through almost 1/2 gallon of hummingbird feed a day.

Weather is cooling, I managed to wash the outside of the house yesterday and everyone is healthy.

Time to make breakfast.

So we see the cake icon on Friday?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Until I get my son's health issues resolved so he can work and get on with his life (he's 27 graduated Suma Cum Laude 4.0 and #1 in his class three years ago), I simply can't enjoy all the good things in my life and those are many.

Sorry to read this Jorge. Thoughts there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And all of this goodness was produced by the sweat of our brows and the numbing stress that comes from working your brain till it squeals, if a troop of slugs like us can make it happen, so can the rest of the country!

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The river's still flowing.....grouse camp in two weeks....and the gubment hasn't outlawed the manufacture of beer.....

Yet.............

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let' see....

Got a wife 15 years younger to replace the one that bailed after 35 years; medical insurance at no cost as part of my retirement, which is perfectly adequate for our needs so neither of us has to work; garden is one of the best ever; both children are well employed and have never been in jail (as far as I know, which is good enough); filled all the gaps in my gun cabinets; clean colonoscopy (TMI, I know).

All I need now is a big ol' deer in the freezer.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm ok. Tractor runs, bullets go where I want and I'm wait'n on a Rueben in a local restaurant. And my wife is a redhead.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I'm ok. Tractor runs, bullets go where I want and I'm wait'n on a Rueben in a local restaurant. And my wife is a redhead.

Lucky you!

I love Reubens.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
God is still sovereign, my first daughter has a good job, and after a full ride scholarship has no current debt. My in-laws said our house is paid in full, my wife is at the top of her pay scale as a chemical technologist, I am in Texas (with them) and that's just a start. As a Christian I know God has purpose in my nine years soon "retired" / unemployed. My br-in-law is recovering from post-heart operation stroke and may regain everything he lost...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Getting settled in a new house, kids excited for a new school and shorter bus rides, bird dog pup is putting up grouse on nearly every walk through the trees, new Lund boat is paid in full, lots of good fishing this past summer, 12 year old and I got our Mule Deer draws for AB, got a moose/elk/wolf hunt planned for October, family vacation to Jamaica coming, and a trip to Chicago to see the Cubs play in a couple weeks.

Life is good when you focus on the positives instead of all the little petty stuff!

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have enough.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Debt free and sharing with friends who are in need.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mannlicher;
Good evening to you sir, I'll dispense with my usual salutation as I can already perceive things are indeed well with you.

Thanks for the uplifting thread and thanks as well to the folks who've shared their tidings of good things in their respective lives. It's indeed heartening to read.

Speaking personally I can say again that I'm blessed beyond anything I've ever done or could ever do to deserve such.

Thanks again all and the best to you all in the upcoming hunting season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,550
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.