Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Let's ignore the fact that your wife is unqualified to do what she's claiming she can do, to people that are trusting her.

Why does she have to share her income with other people "higher on the ladder"?

You are really taking this personally. Sorry dude, can't help you with your issues.

BP-B2

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
it's a great system and quite a few folks do quite well at it.

> Bernie Madoff < : Agreed!

Wreaks of ignorance.

Reeks of ignorance

Is the correct usage/spelling and is a decent simile for the reader.

Yes, you are so awesome you can correct EdM.

Got to love the internet.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add

Wreaks of ignorance.

Reeks of ignorance

I was once an engineer, 25+ years ago. Seems to have stuk.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Never been the salesman type myself but many years ago as a side job for a little extra cash I did get involved in selling what I truly believed to be a much needed and important product that every home should have.

About a week into it a half dozen of us 'new recruits' were taken to the home of our regional sales manager for a mandatory sales meeting/motivational pep rally.

The regional manager, to our surprise, was a very young man, in his mid 20s at most, with a lovely young wife and a couple of very small kids. He and wife were wearing expensive, tasteful clothes, jewelry, watches, rings.

They lived in a beautiful, tastefully furnished, spacious executive home in an exclusive upscale neighborhood, w/high dollar 'his & her's' luxury vehicles parked in their driveway --all attributed to sale of our product.

The very picture of quick and easy financial success.

Unfortunately, after a few more weeks passed I found out it was all fake from the ground up as well as a pyrimid type sales scheme.

The whole regional sales manager thing was staged.

Neither the house nor furniture nor vehicles were really theirs.

All were short term rentals (don't know about the wife and kids) meant to impress, inspire and motivate new recruits into believing that that could easily be them if they sold more product and recruited more sales people to sell more product.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add

Wreaks of ignorance.

Reeks of ignorance

I was once an engineer, 25+ years ago. Seems to have stuk.

Yeah, we get that.

But could you move nutritional supplements and work-out DVDs in the villages?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
add is now going to enlighten us about his awesome career and what is salary is. Speak up!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
add is now going to enlighten us about his awesome career and what is salary is. Speak up!

Writes the guy starting a thread on MLM...

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
PM for details!

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Haha, you must be a real rough and tumble guy. Hope you feel better about yourself and your circumstances. I happen to think highly of many of the folks on this thread.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Page 3 now.

Link what you are hawkin', why be shy?

IC B3

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I ain't hawking anything. I fish for a living. Just head down to the fish thread in the Alaska section.

Pretty funny how you won't say what you do for a living, but you'll knock a gal making a few bucks getting women in shape.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any marketing scheme that relies on conning others to get on board under you in order for you to make money is a pyramid. Check any consumer protection website. Once the area is saturated, the ones near the bottom are screwed, if not before. Not to say that none of the products are any good, or that everyone involved is a crook.

Amazon will deliver lots of products to your door on a schedule that you set up, regular stuff like you buy in the stores, at excellent prices. They'll even provide a wifi ordering button you can push to get stuff without going online (not recomnended for people with children or cats).

Last edited by Pappy348; 08/19/16.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What mlm does it seems to me is allow folks with a dynamic personality to make some money

I think a lot of folks have a sour taste like n their mouth over themselves or someone they care for feeling like they were duped by the sales pitch "that you can do this too "

You can take the most educated person in health & fitness and if they lack the personality they'll only be marginally effective inspiring others to be fit

But take a young lady that's a busy mom and wife & can first of all relate to other busy moms (target market) shows the results she's obtained by following the same program and IF she has natural leadership abilities to inspire and encourage she's apt to have a greater influence over the target audience than someone who's got a Ph.D. in nutrition & exercise

Mlm gives the opportunity to folks with little formal training to reach significant numbers of folks marketing goods or services to sometimes earn more than folks that are experts in similar fields

Is it fair? Beats me, but it exists. Is it for everybody? Probably not.

But there are some crazy plans out there

Saw one presentation where you join the club & bought a 1 oz silver coin 1 per month

Lmao $100 for the silver coin, yep at 5 times the price of said coin, there was some room to pay some up line

Wished the nice young man luck, but felt a bit sorry for the folks he signed up

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I honestly had no idea what a MLM company was until my wife became a Beachbody coach. She loves it and I don't feel like she's taking advantage of anybody by coaching them to lose 20-30lbs, get in shape, and teaching them to eat right.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

url=https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0065-multilevel-marketing]https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0065-multilevel-marketing[/url]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There is a ton of it where I live here in Utah and it has been that way for many years.

I have mixed feelings as some of the ideas and companies are kind of novel but the people at the "top" ultimately make boatloads of money with little work while the hopeful little guy at the bottom makes little money (relative to the top) yet does most of the overall work. It seems to me that it has much more to do with the money than the product.

An entrepreneurial young population and LDS(Mormon) culture and networking have set the stage for this. The focus on the business model rather than the quality or integrity of the product or service has tainted other historically professional endeavors as far as I'm concerned. Dentistry(my father was a 1950's trained dentist) is a fine example. It is very hard to come out of school, "hang your shingle" in an area of need and make a successful go of it based on word of mouth
and your reputation. It has been replaced by "buying in" to established practices that are basically "dentist mills" that rely heavily on aggressive advertising and "employ" heavily debt-ridden new grads. A friend of mine whose ton is training to be an oral surgeon told me that his son and his son's new wife are currently $875K in debt with still more training to go! After that, they will be "employed" in the Twin Cities area for ~4 years making money for those at the top and then will be able to "buy in" to their group at ~ $1,000,000. It's not exactly the same as MLM but still another business model the top of the chain really feeds off the bottom. In my mind it kind of taints a profession in the traditional sense, I guess I'm old fashioned, a poor businessman, or maybe both!!! I'm not starving though and enjoy my own old fashioned professional reputation.

I was flying to Ketchikan recently from SLC for a fishing trip when I listened to a "nice" middle aged woman from Petersburg visiting with a college aged girl flying to Seattle. At first it seemed she was genuinely interested in the young girl and her plans for the future asking all about her and then telling her about her life in Petersburg and her own life lessons learned. Then the conversation shifted to this neat, special company that she had joined forces with in Utah whose number one priority was to empower and improve peoples lives!!! Because this company was so great, they were also very successful... but that was not the primary focus!!! Would she like to know more about this wonderful company??? I had to tune her out at that point in time. She got the girl's contact information and it was over. I said hello to the young lady as we landed and had her tell me about the travel abroad trip she was taking... enough said.

I'm a skeptic but I am not as rich as many of these people and a little more old fashioned. Thankfully I can still afford the occasional fishing trip to Alaska (but I don't own the airline or the lodge!).

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
153 members (160user, 35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,857 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.