Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jimy
Just because you choose a piss poor mate, or don't choose to use any of the dozen's of effective forms of birth control. WTF!

This is a lame excuse for some poor life style decisions so many young women make today.

So, if a woman marries and has children is she an evil stupid bitch if her husband dies? After all a smart woman would have known he might die early or be murdered.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a disgusting thread. Now if it had been about welfare mothers or food stamp mothers, but denigrating all single mothers?

Sick mothers.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are painting with a very broad brush.
I hope you are not talking about all the war widows that hold their head high and carry on as best they can. They and their children are the ones that paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is zero honor, or badge, for simply being in or under such conditions. There is a lot to be honored in the single mom, or dad, who exercises personal responsibility and does a great job raising good kids into solid adulthood. Such folks may need some help here and there and let's hope they get it when they truly need it - but deliberately gaming or milking the welfare system is the oppsite of honor. Among other negatives, it is bad for kids.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if it is a badge of honor, but judging from the work involved in being part of a two parent family, being a single mom would be a hell of a lot of work. And the more kids you had, the harder to do well.

My hats off to anybody who can get them fed and clothed and off to school, and watch their homework, and their friends(?).

If they can do that and teach them to respect themselves and others, they've done a lot to help build this country.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Just because you choose a piss poor mate, or don't choose to use any of the dozen's of effective forms of birth control. WTF!

This is a lame excuse for some poor life style decisions so many young women make today.

So, if a woman marries and has children is she an evil stupid bitch if her husband dies? After all a smart woman would have known he might die early or be murdered.

If she knowingly bangs a gang banger, who gets banged by another gang, then yes, stupid is an accurate description of that life choice.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I guess in a way i was a single parent child. My dad died in my mid teens. My mom worked for years for tips and .75/hr as a waitress to help me get through college.
always had food on the table, clothes, etc.
Loved that woman to the last breath she took.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

About the time talk shows were invented with one whore on stage and nine dumbass men there to take paternity tests, we have lost our moral compass.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
This is a disgusting thread. Now if it had been about welfare mothers or food stamp mothers, but denigrating all single mothers?

Sick mothers.

I think you and whackem are the ones painting with a broad brush.

Nobody denies that tragedies happen. But even the dullest among us can acknowledge that single motherhood is not ideal. If you don't believe that, ask a single mother!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We send kids to pre kindergarten, for God sake does any one care enough to raise their own kids.

I guess not. They F*k, have a kid, and apply for more welfare.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about it being a badge of honor, but it has become a Hallmark moment. I chit you not, when looking for a Father's day card, I saw a small section of cards designed to be given to single mothers on Father's day.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
...since politicians and media personalities have learned to represent it as such to get single moms to follow them, thereby empowering those who tout single motherhood.

It is good that some people are able to try hard and make a go of it, but it is still a mess regardless of any warm and fuzzy sentiments. Getting and keeping a strong mate from whom she can get resources to raise a family is a primary function of a mother. When that does not happen we need to point a finger and make sure the coming generations know it is bad.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
You are painting with a very broad brush.
I hope you are not talking about all the war widows that hold their head high and carry on as best they can. They and their children are the ones that paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

Pretty obvious what the intent was by the OP. Wasn't talking about widows, rather than gals who get knocked up out of wedlock, and then are put on a pedestal as a single mother.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since when is being a "single mom" a badge of honor? ever since murphy brown and dan quale Prez election in 1988 or 1992

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
chit..................
demmys love dis chit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
makes more future voters for em on welfare as way of life

been their grand plan since lbj

just wait till Hillary uses an executive order to make 12 million wetbacks citizens on welfare with the right to vote

our country is fugged...........................

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It's not so much being a single mom, but how you came to be that way, and how you handle it. So many today are really just plain old stupid, that make poor choices, and we support them.

My father was raised by a single mom. When he was 3 yrs old, my grandfather died, leaving my grandmother with two boys (3 & 5 yrs of age) and a homestead that needed to be proved up. Grandmother, proved up the property, and bought the homestead property next to hers and finished proving it up. She took every odd job she could, saved her money, and bought more property. During the WW1 years she moved to Ft. Bayard, NM and worked as a housekeeper at the hospital. Dad and my uncle worked as stewards in the cafeteria. During depression years she bought property with one of her brothers in Grand Junction, CO., and ran a general store and motel. Due to health problems, she sold her share and returned to the NM homestead.

Why did she do all that? Cause in 1908, there was no welfare. It was do or die, and she did an excellant job of it, raising two fine Christian men in the process. I am so grateful and humbled by her achivements.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by EdM
There are a lot of pukked up men out there causing this.

Rape is on the rise I guess.

you can't rape a willing soul

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since corporations decided to market and sell everything to women and doubling the number of their customers.

Americans First!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
There are a lot of pukked up men out there causing this.

and a lot of the fault is with .gov, and they way they define poverty, and they way they penalize families with the income tax policies. They penalize families when it comes to WIC eligibility, and with food stamp eligibility. They penalize families when it comes to Section 8 housing, with medical help and with a host of other issues.
Splitting up the family was essential for liberal social policies, going back to the LBJ 'war on poverty' days.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Sick mothers.

truth and facts are often called 'sick'. Ann Coulter's book, "Guilty", in the chapter called "Victim of a crime, thank a single mother" sums up the big picture.
Sure, there are a lot of black, white, hispanic and other flavors of single mothers that have done a fine job raising their kids, but over all, the verdict is pretty rough.

Sam......

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 22 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.