Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sam, great post and topic.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a two year old that is cool as the breeze and ornery as a cross eyed snake.

Work has me busier than a cat burying turds and I love what I do.....most days anyway. Lol.

Momma is healthy, happy, and about three months pregnant.

Pop turns 83 this year and I can't wait for his visit next month.

As impossible as it seems, I continue to get better looking.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A lot of us are blessed. We don't realize it until we get older or something bad happens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Counting my blessings here. The new shop is everything we had hoped for, and more. Business is up 9% year to date over last year, my granddaughter will be a year old on the 29th, and is walking, driving my daughter nuts smile . Best of all, my son-in-law is starting a 3.5 month internship with Primetals, formerly Siemens, here in Alpharetta, so my wife and I will get to see our grand daughter as often as we can while they are here. Almost done with my M635Csi restoration and hunting season is almost here.

What's not to like?

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" is now 6 years cancer-free, and I still introduce her as my "first wife" smile
Kids are doing well - son surveying, and daughter working for State Parks. She is trying to become a livestock inspector - we'll see. (Bet she does) SIL has his dream job - historian at the state military museum, and full-time NG. Their 2 oldest kids were accepted into a prestigious school that only takes 20 students a year.
I woke up this AM looking at grass, NOT roots. NO extra orofices administered by "The Warden" smile
Life is great, although busy!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Daughter born in June, my two year old is getting big enough to hang on the farm, finally getting the house sided.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ftbt
My wife has been fighting cancer for nearly 3 years: 2 extensive surgeries and 2 1/2 years of 3 different chemo therapies. Needless to say, the chemo and its side effects have taken its toll ... to the extent that she really couldn't continue it (even though it has kept her cancer in check).

One of the new "razzle-dazzle" treatments is a "targeted therapy." It is an oral medication (with virtually no side effects). Her oncologist wanted her to to give it a try ... the only hitch: it cost $9,000.00 per month ... and if it worked ... she would be on it for the rest of her life. GULP!

The good news: The drug company has agreed to provide the drug at no cost ... and after being on the drug for over a month her cancer numbers are declining! We saw her oncologist last week, and he was grinning from ear-to-ear ... it appears to be working!

THANK YOU DEAR LORD!

Great news. I hope it works for her.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Half way thru my Chemo treatments. Less than a month to go before I leave on my hunting trip/vacation. Wife is going with me to Montana and then flying home. Then im going the rest of the way to British Columbia by myself. Grandbabies are growing and everyone is in good health. Ive lost a 100 lbs and kept it off and wife has lost just as much. So things are going good here in Missouri.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We just moved from Tucson to the outskirts of Sierra Vista.

Currently halfway thru my last week of work. Hanging it up and retiring when I get off work on Thur morning.

Dove season starts soon.

Got drawn for 2 antelope doe tags in Wy, Oct.

Got drawn for Coues deer on Ft Huachuca in Nov.

Gonna spend a bunch of time in Texas in Dec hunting with my Dad and niece.

Start road-tripping around the western US this spring.

Life is good.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was going to quietly crow about PERFECT moisture conditions and temps this AM, to do some more finish grading on an erosion control project that's looking GOOD. What was washed hardpan looking more like a grassy paddock, monsoonal deluges redirected and DROPPING their silty, nutrient rich payloads on ground they previously carried away.

An interesting old Muzzle Loading Target rifle that UPS managed to farg up rather badly is falling back together on the bench,...

Some shelter belt Arizona Cypress that came here to my little nursery as sprouted seed in large Styro coffee cups just going on 2 years ago are FOUR feet tall, and well rooted in new home ground.

Opened this thread and discovered MORE good news, Cochise County has another fine resident !
Welcome HD !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Wife and I are working house is paid for. Both of us have god health. Just bought a new Silverado Saturday, only payment I have.God is still ruling the universe.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Had a great weekend, thankful for that.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.