Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...went-range-little-shooting-practice.html

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com, In Lake Norman, North Carolina

Published: 14:15 EST, 18 August 2016

Donald Trump fired off an M-4 rifle on Thursday as he took his 'law and order' appeal to a gun range at a North Carolina police lodge.

But his campaign team wouldn't release a photo he took with police officers who joined him at the shooting range, and individual officers weren't allowed to shoot their own pictures with the presidential candidate, an officer told DailyMail.com.

Early reviews are that Trump was right on target when he aimed and fired.

'He fired several shots. I saw two for-sure bullseyes. At the distance we were I couldn’t tell you there wasn’t more,' Ron 'Duck' Wyatt, the mayor of nearby Troutman told DailyMail.com.

'It was excellent marksmanship,' the former firearms instructor for police and civilians added.

Iredell County sheriff Darren Campbell vouched for Trump's skills while introducing the mogul to a supportive crowd of police officers. 'I gotta say this man can shoot,' he said.

But the Trump-backing cops weren't thrilled that they weren't allowed to snap photos with Trump on the shooting range itself.

'There was no photos done down there. That was kind of like a QT thing,' Ken Shawyer, the retired assistant police chief of nearby Statesville explained. 'We were all kinda like … They didn’t want anybody taking photos or nothing. I don’t know what that’s about.'

The Trump camp declined to release a photo Trump took with a small group of officers who accompanied him during the target practice.

Trump himself boasted about the shooting practice at the top of his remarks to the officers. ''We just went down the range and had a little shooting practice,' he said.

Sheriff Campbell told reporters Trump shot an M-4 at the rural range, off a gravel road near Lake Norman, where Trump mentioned he owns property.

'I can tell you he shot quite well. He did a good. He is obviously proficient. It showed,' Campbell told DailyMail.com afterward.

During his brief remarks, Trump predicted he would clean up among cops – perhaps not losing a single vote from law enforcement.

'I know how well we're doing with law enforcement. That could be unanimous,' he predicted, two days after he gave a fiery law and order speech in Milwaukee.

'No matter where we go in the country we may get no negative vote,' Trump said.

He also expressed confidence in how he was doing in North Carolina, even as his campaign is going up with ads in a state where Hillary Clinton is leading him.

'It looks like it's going very well. North Carolina is going to be very important,' Trump said.

Before Trump showed up, Iredell County GOP chair, Ron 'Duck' Wyatt announced: 'We've been delayed he decided he wants to go and shoot guns before he talks to us.' He added: 'He wants to be an adult American and shoot a gun first – I don't blame him for that.'

By the door was a welcome table with copies of Handguns magazine and Guns & Ammo, American Rifleman, and Popular Mechanics. Hot dogs and other food was available for donations.

'We have a terrific property right on Lake Norman you folks know about that,' Trump noted.

'I'm a big supporter of law enforcement and our police,' said Trump.

Ken Shawver, retired assistant chief, described the range as having a main A range, with additional berns to shoot from a variety of angles.

'I'm a supporter,' said Shawver. He said he believes Trump's claims that Hillary Clinton will do away with the 2nd Amendment.

'She's never done anything besides be a crook,' Shawver told DailyMail.com. He mentioned Bill Clinton's term, adding, 'When her husband was there, we ended up with the Brady Bill.'

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He is welcome to stop by and shoot one of my M-4'S

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This will have the liberals swinging from the rafters and howling at the moon.

I Love It! grin

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are we to assume that he wasn't traumatized by the noise, recoil, and the feel of violent power he unleashed? That happens with liberals, you know. Most need counseling after firing a gun.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He actually shot the rifle. Remember the staged photo of Zero and the shotgun? laugh

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I heard that M4 had a poorly staked gas key and a non chrome-lined barrel...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He has M-4's on his plane. He sure don't need yours.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx

But the barrel and bolt were MPI and HP tested.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
This will have the liberals swinging from the rafters and howling at the moon.

I Love It! grin

HUGE +1

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I like it!! Meanwhile back in Tejas, Cruz is tossing a ball at a basketball ring.lol

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

But the barrel and bolt were MPI and HP tested.

MIL SPEC bruh

Me

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I like it!! Meanwhile back in Tejas, Cruz is tossing a ball at a basketball ring.lol

Have you got an update on Jeb, Marco, Rand, Huckabee, Kasich and the rest of them?
Cruz seems to be stuck in your brain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just saw the first Trump ads on the Charlotte Tv stations.

He is going after the Hildabeest on Border Security.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99

Have you got an update on Jeb, Marco, Rand, Huckabee, Kasich and the rest of them?

=========================================================

AcesNeights is cracking a joke there -I say a joke it was !!

Cruz -9 shots and wham finally - smile he hollared -I made a basket -I made a basket did you get that on tape ? I made a basket ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Well only my second post here. So, fully expecting a big hearty GFY..promise I'm not one of the new trolls.

Any of you guys remember the time back in the day when Michael Dukakis was running for the Dem ticket and posed in the tank? Gawd I was only a kid and though what a [bleep] puzz.

Trump looks fairly comfy behind that rifle (not sure its "actually" an M4 but beside the point). Even if it was just a photo op, I'd say he at least mustered the balls to look good doing it.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Non of that matters if it was a fast twist.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Flash hider √
Foregrip √
bayonet lug √
collapsible stock √

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99

words out that ted invites them all over on the weekends for boogers on the grill.

.... like tears in the rain
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't get the no picture part though?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.