Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Breaking Poll: Rick Perry Leads Ted Cruz by 9 Points in Texas Senate Race

(Gateway Pundit) – Former Governor Rick Perry leads controversial Senator Ted Cruz in the latest poll for the Texas Senate race.

Senator Cruz stunned conservatives when he refused to endorse Donald Trump at the RNC Convention in Cleveland.
This came after Cruz was thumped in the GOP primary race.
Perry leads Cruz in a senate primary matchup 46% to 37%.

The Texas Tribune reported:

A new poll suggests there is at least one fellow Republican who could unseat U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in 2018: Rick Perry.

The former Texas governor would beat Cruz by 9 percentage points, according to the forthcoming survey from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling. Set to be released later today, the poll found Perry would get 46 percent of the vote and Cruz 37 percent, with 18 percent saying they are not sure whom they would support.

Perry is the only challenger that PPP tested who would defeat Cruz. The poll indicates he would trounce two other Republicans talked about as potential opponents, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick by 22 points and U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul by 32 points. He would also beat two Democrats, U.S. Housing Secretary Julián Castro and former gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis, both by 12 points.

In general, the poll shows Texas Republicans want Cruz to be their candidate for Senate again in 2018 — but not overwhelmingly. Fifty percent said they would like Cruz to be the nominee, while 43 percent said would like someone else to carry the banner.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All hypothetical BS.

I'm not sure what the purpose of that article is, but they were really grasping at straws while trying to stir the pot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lot of hopeful thinking in that thing.

They never asked me. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More people who don't understand Texas. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Democrat leaning polling company shows Cruz losing.

How.... odd.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes, the democrats love Perry.

Cruz showed himself to be exactly who most of us already knew he is. Good news is that when Cruz is done milking donors, he'll be able to transition over to his fathers occupation to ensure that other people keep paying for his lifestyle.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Calhoun

How.... odd.

Well in my old fashion barbershop, where if you try to order a haircut by number you will be told to go to a f-ing beauty parlor, Cruz wins, even if he decided not to run. The Austin [bleep] types probably got a different opinion though.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Allen917

How.... odd.

Well in my old fashion barbershop, where if you try to order a haircut by number you will be told to go to a f-ing beauty parlor, Cruz wins, even if he decided not to run. The Austin [bleep] types probably got a different opinion though.

In my office of non Austin types, Cruz loses.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
Originally Posted by Allen917

How.... odd.

In my office of non Austin types, Cruz loses.

Same here.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm gonna wait awhile to worry about 2018, but let the Gateway Pundit go ahead on.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know there are some Cruz haters here but honestly he's one of the few guys in the Senate I trust with my country. I personally don't want him to lose.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know why this is even making news. I would be pretty surprised if perry even wanted the senate gig. at this point in his life I can't see him spending that much time in washington and taking a demotion in jobs. Perry was also governor for like 15 years. he must be pretty popular to have done that. The state was ran decently enough. I am not surprised. Cruz will be fine. he will look even better when trump loses.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lyin' Ted should be deported. He's symptomatic of sociopathy.

Texans ain't about to be burned twice by the same snake oil salesman.

Lyin's Ted is as bad as Romney.

I hope President Trump puts 'em both on the far side of his tall wall.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I know there are some Cruz haters here but honestly he's one of the few guys in the Senate I trust with my country. I personally don't want him to lose.

You're easily fooled. You ought not vote.

Were Lyin' Ted not outed as an neocon insider, you wouldn't have a country.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Yes, the democrats love Perry.

Cruz showed himself to be exactly who most of us already knew he is. Good news is that when Cruz is done milking donors, he'll be able to transition over to his fathers occupation to ensure that other people keep paying for his lifestyle.

You might be right. Lyin' Ted's been man crushin' on Ricky since Heidi cut him off.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SakoAV

You're easily fooled. You ought not vote.

GO NEHLEN!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Basically, Cruz destroyed his political viability by lying about Ben Carson's departure during the Iowa Primary.

That turned him into "Lyin Ted".

Then he chit his nest by accepting an invitation to speak at the GOP convention and ended up spitting in the attendee's faces and getting boo'ed off the stage.

Cruz thinks he knows how to play the game. But he doesn't.

He can't last very long in politics.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ted's demise is his own doing. He should have been straight forward with the voters and not try to steal the nomination by cheating against Carson and Trump. Plus he should have waited until he was in the Oval Office to screw around on his Wife.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would still argue he's better than 90% of the drift wood in the Senate now. I agree to disagree grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crooz ate a booger in front of everybody. Anybody dumb enough to vote for him after that deserves what they get.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.