-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A recent thread in some way related to truck caps included someone's picture of universal-fit ladder racks mounted on a fiberglass cap. They sported a logo on the mounts that I thought said Stanley and I think the poster called them versa-rack?

I've searched and searched and cannot find that product on the internet, and I've searched this forum and cannot find the picture again.

What was unique about these was the construction of the mounts. Between the rail and the "foot" the mount had two bolts: One bolt running front-to-back which would allow the base of the foot to conform with the side-to-side curvature of the cap, and one running side-to-side which would allow the foot to conform with the front-to-back curvature of the cap.

It was sort of like a universal joint in each mount. It sounds flimsy but it looked solid and the foot fit well on the compound curvature of the cap.

Can anyone point me to that product?

TIA!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i guess you are taking about the black racks on the white ford.i don't thing they are regular ladder racks,more like ski racks. they wouldn't carry a very heavy load. check the leer,lenard and ARE web sites. for light stuff i used to go to the junk yard and buy a lugage rack off of a station wagon,suv,offroad truck,etc.they can sometimes be had alot cheaper and some are built really well.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
In the photo I saw the racks looked relatively substantial. Of course, direct mounted on a fiberglass cap, they can only be just somewhat substantial.

The photo clearly showed a yellow emblem with the name of the manufacturer emblazoned in it on the vertical side of each mount. I would have sworn it said Stanley and that the poster called them Versa Rack, but I can't find anything when searching with variations of those terms.

I need to be able to carry a canoe on my Dakota club cab. I know I will have to tie the canoe securely at the front and back ends to resist lifting force because the fiberglass cap is probably not up to that. But I think it can handle the weight of a canoe and the side to side buffeting of the wind.

~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BTT Anyone?

~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only other picture in that theead with a ladder rack is a blue aluminum topper. Thats a leer. Go there site. I have the same rack and topper

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.