Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Picked up a new Gen 4 G19 today. Looking at night sight options. What say you?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have TFO's on my 19 - gen 3. No complaints. Day or night.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got these on my 19 and 30S. You don't really notice the little rear dot during daylight so they act more like a Hackathorn set (which is what I have in the 34 and 41).

Really like them. That front sight just stands out!

https://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Pro...mp;sr=8-1&keywords=ameriglo+glock+19

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I put a set of Ameriglo CAP sights on my 27 a couple months ago and really like them.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wound up getting a set of Trijicons on my G19. If possible, do what I did and look at a bunch of different stuff in person if you can and then let your eyes decide. I was lucky that my favorite gun shop had a bunch of stuff I could see first hand and what they didn't have there they had some good pictures of. Plus, the shop owner is a retired sheriff and a real gun guy with lots of experience with stuff like that so I always value his opinion. Trijicons were one of his early recommendations and that's what I finally settled on, except now I can't recall exactly which model number/name they are.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like the two vertical dot sights versus the three horizontal dot set up. The "straight eight" is definitely worth a look.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Another vote for the TruGlow either TFO or TFX...

Have the TFOs on a Glock 19 and 40. Like the fact that one gets the same sight dots day or night...helps with aging eyes...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both Heine Straight 8's & Trijicon 3-dots on several different guns.

I like the Straight 8 setup best, but the Trijicons are unquestionably brighter.

MM

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
On various guns I have Heinie straight eight and traditional three dot night sights. Nothing can equal the brightness and ability to focus on the front sight like Trijicon HD night sights that came on my new Glock 43. Nothing works better for these aging eyes. You can chose between red or yellow front sight outline.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Trijicon...

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What he said.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Picked up a new Gen 4 G19 today. Looking at night sight options. What say you?

These.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like the XS BIG DOT.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by walt501
On various guns I have Heinie straight eight and traditional three dot night sights. Nothing can equal the brightness and ability to focus on the front sight like Trijicon HD night sights that came on my new Glock 43. Nothing works better for these aging eyes. You can chose between red or yellow front sight outline.

[Linked Image]

Those are great too. Love the HDs

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is as much personal preference involved in picking night sights as there is in guns. For years I used Trijicons and I had no trouble. I also had some Meprolights and they were fine. Now, everyone makes night sights and, in addition, my “computer distance” (which is the same as sight distance) eyesight is not what it used to be.

Although they look a little goofy, I have been liking the Tru Glo TFX because they pop during the day and they give me more illumination at night than Trijicon, so I can use them with uncorrected vision. I have them on 2 Glock 19s. I also put a set of the regular TFO sights on a Glock 43, but I find that the convex shape on the edge of the front vial creates a glint during the day. The TFO is brighter both day and night, but they are more fragile than the TFX according to Internet lore. Note that the TFX sights that I bought this year have a narrower rear sight (but the sight gap is the same) than the ones I bought last year. Coupled with the fact that the outside edges are rounded, this helps draw my focus to the center gap more (and, therefore, the front sight). I really like this on Glocks, because the blocky slide does not help one draw attention to the front sight like a gun with a more rounded top. I hope this makes sense the way I expressed it. A negative of the TFO/TFX sight is that it takes away some sight radius because of the length of the front sight.

Note that some Trijicons have a rear sight shaped like a pyramid with the top cropped off, if you want to go in a different direction.

Two other points. I tried Trijicon HD sights on a Glock 43 and hated them. There could just be bias from never using “U” shaped rear shapes before, but I couldn’t make them work. (I guess from what I said above about the TFX, I prefer my “U” upside down.) In the first place, the gun shot low for me, maybe because the sights are regulated for a different distance on that model gun. (I PM’d GaryVA on this forum, who has forgotten more than I will ever know about this topic, and he said that he did not have that problem, BTW.) Also, there seemed to be more light on each side of the front sight than I like. This could be a function of my computer distance vision, but I like a more crowded sight picture than one that requires fine tuning of light on each side of the front sight.

Anyway, unless you are at the pinnacle of a gun game, you probably can’t go wrong no matter what, but there are nuances to go with every preference.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 08/20/16.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by walt501
[Linked Image]

Think I'm going with these Trijicon HD's. Buddy has them on his M&P .45 and really likes them, and so do I. Thanks everyone.

If you all got a line on where to get them super cheap, let me know. Not really partial to any one color, but thinking the yellow front sight might be the cat's meow.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Green, if you can find it, is actually the brightest tritium FS. I have these HDs on my 23/19 and like them. However, I prefer the Heinie Straight 8. For me they are the fastest because of the ease of finding the FS fast and lack of any possible confusion between rear and front dots.

1+1 and press the trigger is an easier drill IMHO.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 08/22/16.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have the Trijicon HD GL101O's on my G19 and also have Trijicon HD's on my TRP and like them a lot.

Will probably put them on a couple other semi autos.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/22/16.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Amazon has the Trijicon HD's for $125, to my door in 2 business days. If anyone knows where to beat that price, let me know. Brownell's and Midway are both about $135.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trijicon on my 19. I don't remember the model number of the sights, I just looked until I found some I liked. They show up good day or night.

[Linked Image]

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 73 invisible), 3,044 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.