Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I must admit, other than .22 rimfire and 32 H&R Mag, I know vey little about cartridges that don't start with a ".4". I guess I am familiar with the 357 Mag a bit.

Anyhoo, other than .40 S&W and 45 ACP, I don't have much experience with semi auto pistols.

I want a small CC pistola. I was leaning toward a Ruger LC9 or a Shield 9 with no safety. I got to handle each last night.

I also fondled a Ruger LCP and a Smith Bodyguard. Both were quite a bit smaller than said 9mms. Both were in 380.

I know the 380 isn't a 9mm. And that the 9mm is more effective. But I really like those tiny little 380s to carry and hopefully never have to use.

So question is, who uses one? How "well protected" do you feel, or do you feel "under gunned" with one?

I was going to just buy a 9mm, but these little 380s are so light/ unobtrusive, they really have me thinking....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I guess having a 380 & shooting a big feller with one might give you an advantage in the fistfight that is sure to follow........... wink

More seriously, Ken, the newer ammo has marginally upgraded the 380, with the key word being marginally.

My wife carries a M&Pc, which is fairly small but is a double stack so she was considering a thinner gun in 380 for pocket or jacket carry........she pretty much only carries the M&Pc in a purse.

So a couple of weeks ago, we we tried out a S&W Bodyguard, a Glock 42 & one of the Bersa Thunder versions that friends had.

The Bodyguard's trigger has to be one of the worst & I've fired & is a POS.

The Glock is pretty good, though it feels a tad bigger than the Bodyguard, but isn't bad & I could live with it.

The Bersa isn't bad either but is also a bit larger.

All are single stack.

I just am not enamored with mouse guns & just carry a J-frame hammerless in a front jeans pocket if I don't carry a holster gun.........it's bulges a tad, but with Wranglers or looser pants, it's just not an issue.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would guess self defense situations are typically quick and close range. Something is better than nothing, if you will carry a 380 it's better than nothing. 22's have put people down, a 380 isn't something I want to take to the chest or anywhere else

Last edited by SAKO75; 08/20/16.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't get a bodyguard though...

I'm not sure snub nose 38s penetrate any deeper or expand mush larger vs the better made 380 hollow points...they do weigh more and I'm sure "hit harder" to some degree but probably easier to shoot a g42 vs a 38 snubby, I don't know though

The glock 42 is what I have and I like it alot....no failures of any sort in close to 200 rounds...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Well hel l, if a 9 works on Grizz, then a 380 should work on H/rats.

But seriously I am looking forward to the comments and advice myself. I might add a Glock to the collection.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks gents.

And I did take notice of the heavy trigger on the Bodyguard, Bill. Which had me leaning toward the LCP.

More effective ammo is also something that has me wondering if the 380 of today is substantially better or not....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a 380 Gold Dot from a Glock 42

It went through 2 milk jugs full of water and stopped in the third

Half inch expansion probably at least 1 foot of penetration...

[Linked Image]

Here it is neXT to a 9mm federal HST 124 grain +p

The 9mm penetrated the same distance as the 380, although it treated the milk jugs more violently

I'm not predicting these will act the same way in flesh, just a comparison in gallon milk jugs full of water

[Linked Image]

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nice. I have long been a fan of GD bullets....

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was never a big fan of the .380 either....but lately rather than not have anything when the Commander just isn't practical I've been pocket carrying a Kahr P380. Much smaller than the Glock 42 and for me easier to shoot...

Sights and trigger pull are excellent. I've shot it at the local IDPA shoots in the BUG division and and do better than most of the other shooters who are using larger guns...

Bob

[Linked Image]

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAKO75
but probably easier to shoot a g42 vs a 38 snubby, I don't know though

Good grips on a J-frame make it much more shootable than stock grips do. 38 caliber, 135 gr GD's are fairly potent..........

If I were going to get a 380 for pocket carry, based on the minimal testing that I've done, it would be the G-42 for sure.

I have an older Beretta 380 that I really like but it's just too big for pants pocket carry at all.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
I was never a big fan of the .380 either....but lately rather than not have anything when the Commander just isn't practical I've been pocket carrying a Kahr P380. Much smaller than the Glock 42 and for me easier to shoot...

Sights and trigger pull are excellent. I've shot it at the local IDPA shoots in the BUG division and and do better than most of the other shooters who are using larger guns...

Bob

[Linked Image]

That looks like a good option too........I've not shot one of them yet, though.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a little LCP that has proven reliable and accurate enough for 7 yard head shots on a B21 or 8 ring hits to about 50. Yes the trigger is long and a tad heavy, but I like that for pocket carry. I carry FMJ in mine with a preference for Winchester flat point.

[Linked Image]

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess pistol size, shootability, is relative to the hand holding it

The kahr is smaller than the 42 no doubt
But the 42 is small enough for my hand

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SAKO75; 08/21/16.

― George Orwell, 1984
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've been known to slum a 42 more than a few times.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
G42 .380 for a semi auto, 431PD .32 H&R for a J frame. I actually carry the 431 more often, I do break out the Colt MK IV Series 80 Government .380 when feeling sporty, it usually lives in the nightstand.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally, I think the .380 cartridge makes the most sense in LCP and Kahr sized platforms. These guns serve as perfect pocket pistols and in that role I think they reign supreme.

However, carrying an LCP sized gun in a traditional manner on the waist (IWB or OWB) makes no sense as you can just as readily carry a compact sized 9mm. The same pretty much goes for most methods of off-body carry where size isn’t quite so critical.

Unless there are concerns about recoil, a 9mm sized pistol chambered for something like the .380 is a non-starter in my book.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
For when you cannot carry a bigger gun a Kahr P380 or CW380 in your pocket, it's a compromise I have to often make.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Look over the LC9sPro again. Pretty nice little gun.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Placement is still the most important aspect in stopping an attacker - given adequate penetration and bullet performance. Lots of good .380 ammo on the market these days that has really upgraded its terminal performance. As long as you can hit the target with whatever pistol you're carrying then its size, big or large, shouldn't be a detriment.

That said, I agree with the others that the best place for the .380 is in the lightest, smallest package possible. If your particular situation allows it then it doesn't hurt to switch to a 9mm or other more powerful round, either single stack or higher capacity. But if all I had was a .380 and could hit with it I certainly wouldn't feel helpless.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

So question is, who uses one? How "well protected" do you feel, or do you feel "under gunned" with one?

I use a LCP with a pocket holster and I do not feel under gunned. For a defensive pistol I feel that it can do the job and it carries about the same size as an I-phone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
saw this the other day, looks great, and sweet trigger

― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 41magfan
Personally, I think the .380 cartridge makes the most sense in LCP and Kahr sized platforms. These guns serve as perfect pocket pistols and in that role I think they reign supreme.

However, carrying an LCP sized gun in a traditional manner on the waist (IWB or OWB) makes no sense as you can just as readily carry a compact sized 9mm. The same pretty much goes for most methods of off-body carry where size isn’t quite so critical.

Unless there are concerns about recoil, a 9mm sized pistol chambered for something like the .380 is a non-starter in my book.
This. If pocket or ankle carry is required, then the .380 makes sense. For IWB carry, might as well jump up to a service sized gun like a Glock 19. With a proper holster and gun belt, you'll hardly notice it's there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Agreed. Have one and love it. It goes in my IWB when I have a heightened concern over printing (rare). Ordinarily, however, I carry a Glock 17.

PS Yes, I'm back with the 17 after a month long experiment carrying the CZ75 P01. Love the CZ, but shoot the 17 better.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
that is total heresy...GunGeek is going to call you out on the G17 shooting better than the CZ!!!

(plus blued guns rust when you get a bunch of sweat on them daily)

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was out on the desert this morning looking for dove. I took a fully loaded glock 17 with me. Surprised at how little weight it really was after usually packing N frames.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I was out on the desert this morning looking for dove. I took a fully loaded glock 17 with me. Surprised at how little weight it really was after usually packing N frames.
I'm often amazed when I feel the heft of mine (or lack thereof), too. Sometimes I will drop the magazine to make sure I didn't accidentally slip an unloaded one in there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the gen3 17 is a good gun, not sure about the 4's yet.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
that is total heresy...GunGeek is going to call you out on the G17 shooting better than the CZ!!!

(plus blued guns rust when you get a bunch of sweat on them daily)
LOL. grin When I focus on the double action trigger pull, I shoot it fine. When I just draw and fire it like I would in a self defense situation, the first round almost always goes six or eight inches low in relation to the group formed by the subsequent rounds. And that's after expending several thousand rounds over several weeks just trying to get the transition down perfectly. Maybe, if I expended an additional several thousand rounds, and another month of frequent range trips, I could fix that, but since it's a nonexistent problem with the Glock, I had to ask myself why.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I carry a LCP with Gold Dots. It's reliable and accurate.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I do carry a .380, I carry it as a bug. Carried a Ruger LCP for years and never had a FTF or problem of any kind.
Finally traded mine in for a Glock 42 earlier this year. It's much more shootable and very accurate, too. And still easily fits in my pocket.

I carry mine with the factory Speer Gold Dot JHP loading. And a spare mag of the Buffalo Boar hard cast 100 gr + P load. It penetrated 40 inches of gelatin in tests!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/21/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, the 380 doesn't have the firepower of a 9mm or any of the .4's. However, the idea of a self defense gun is to slow down an attacker enough to give you a chance to get out of Dodge ASAP. While he's jumping up and down and yelling 'Ouch!', you can cover a lot of ground in the opposite direction.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kahr P-380 in a Sneaky Pete is my summer carry gun. I tried the LCP, but I prefer the P-380.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No, the 380 doesn't have the firepower of a 9mm or any of the .4's. However, the idea of a self defense gun is to slow down an attacker enough to give you a chance to get out of Dodge ASAP. While he's jumping up and down and yelling 'Ouch!', you can cover a lot of ground in the opposite direction.

That was my planned MO when I carried a .32 ACP. I figured it would make enough loud noises that I could escape in the confusion... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
....and it sure would sting!

― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Want "small" in a 9mm? Try this:

https://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9.asp

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the great info.

I really wanted to handle a couple of the Kahr offerings, but the gun counter was a real clusterfuck.

I may just end up with another Ruger (already have 5 I think).

The LC9s Pro really has a lot to like IMO. $379 on sale now.

For a 380, again a Ruger may get the nod. That being the LCP. Which is on sale now locally for $199.

As of now, I am leaning toward one or the other....

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ken I had a Kimber solo 9mm i liked it shot good recoil wasnt bad, but I couldnt get it out of my pockets, was a tad too small! I just started looking at the Glock 42s, there the right size for my hand and a bit bigger that the Ruger and the Solo, you know I carried a Glock got 8 years, and did alot of range work with them never failed to fire or chamber a round! Dam Ugly but Thinking hard on the G42 myself, like my 45s but dont carrie them enough in the summer to town ect. just my Thoughts!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Find a load with the Hornady 90 GR JHP.

GOOD LINK FOR REVIEW

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I want a small CC pistola.

But I really like those tiny little 380s to carry and hopefully never have to use.

I was going to just buy a 9mm, but these little 380s are so light/ unobtrusive, they really have me thinking....

I've had the Kahr PM9, G26, J-frame, and P3AT, among others and liked each one for different reasons. And prefer a 9mm over the 380, but nothing compares to the LCP for size, weight, shoot-ability, and reliability... for me. But this stuff is very personal, and 'use' and 'user' specific so what works for one, may not for another.

I carried FMJ in my LCP until I had a chance to test some Lehigh bullets thru it (actually Underwood loads). I'm not a big fan of 380 hollow-points, based purely on speculation, however I 'think' the Lehigh will do whatever the FMJ does and probably more. Not the same as a 9mm, but I definitely like that little bastard for carrying.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/22/16.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I tried the LC9 at the range. I found it challenging to shoot well. The LCP and the LC380 are a lot more fun to shoot.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
some years back, I bought a nice little Colt PocketLIte .380. Everytime I had it with me, and there was the slightest chance of something going South, I regretted buying it.
Traded it off for a CZ 9mm, and never considered a .380 again.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks John. I don't think a Glock could ever really be considered a bad choice. I consider them a meat and potatoes gun that is very reliable. Which is all I am looking for.

Great link Mike! Thanks. I just skimmed over it real fast. I am still checking it out. I load almost all of my ammo, but will probably just buy factory stuff for this gun. I have long been a fan of CorBon and Gold Dot bullets, and am interested to see how they fared. Will also check out the Hornady you mentioned......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That is what worries me Sam. You can carry a larger round and probably never need it, or go light and wish to God you didn't when that one time comes....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Very nice little combo.

I can almost see me buying a small 9 and a 380 grin

Wanna hear something funny? I have a small semi auto in the safe right now and don't even know what it is shocked

Mebbe I should go check it out. It is some foreign made thing, which is why I forgot what it is......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is it. Apparently I already own a 380 and didn't know it. It is marked "9mm Short". It is used, in nice shape, but I have never fired it.....

http://www.hungariae.com/FegR61.htm

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Does it fit the bill?

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It would work if proven reliable.

Maybe get a LC9s also...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Be sure and shoot the 9 before you buy one, the recoil impulse was just really "different" for me. I also normally shoot .4s.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike

That testing was done with 2.5" barrel I believe? I say another review where the gold dot was tested with a Glock 42, longer barrel, different results

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
10-4, would never discount a Gold Dot they are proven performers.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike

That testing was done with 2.5" barrel I believe? I say another review where the gold dot was tested with a Glock 42, longer barrel, different results

https://youtu.be/a87wHWFDBPE

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some years back, I bought a nice little Colt PocketLIte .380. Everytime I had it with me, and there was the slightest chance of something going South, I regretted buying it.
Traded it off for a CZ 9mm, and never considered a .380 again.

Maybe 20 years ago I had Colt Model M .380 but sold it. Great pre WWII handgun. Humphrey Bogart carried one in several of his movies. I often think about buying a second one.

Last edited by Hotload; 08/23/16.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was watching Joe Kenda the other night and he was investigating a double murder where there was a "a horrible amount of blood loss", I found it interesting that the cartridge used was a 380.... I never would've guessed it from reading how marginal it is....

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Upper left in this pic is my Colt MK IV Series 80 Government .380 with factory Laser-Max laser. Very nice .380 and the longer barrel does justice to velocity of the cartridge.
The shorties just don't get it for me anymore.

BTW, it LOVES Power-Ball stuff by Cor-Bon.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awesome gun

What's the dark earth colored Glock

― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was watching Joe Kenda the other night and he was investigating a double murder where there was a "a horrible amount of blood loss", I found it interesting that the cartridge used was a 380.... I never would've guessed it from reading how marginal it is....
Hit a main artery and that's going to happen regardless of caliber.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Awesome gun

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It wasn't too awfully many years ago that the .380 was considered a "big" gun by street thugs and it was a bit unusual to find them routinely carrying anything like a 9mm or something larger.

It's worth noting that 99% of the "stopping failures" I witnessed were due to bullet placement and had absolutely nothing to do with caliber or bullet type.

Last edited by 41magfan; 08/23/16.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hit a main artery and that's going to happen regardless of caliber.
I thought 380s dont penetrate enough to hit a main artery....😉 (Joking)

― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's worth noting that 99% of the "stopping failures" I witnessed were due to bullet placement and had absolutely nothing to do with caliber or bullet type.
exactly why I feel "ok" about carrying a Glock 42

― George Orwell, 1984
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

exactly why I feel "ok" about carrying a Glock 42
I wouldn't feel poorly armed with one. I'd likely carry a spare mag, though.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My wife forces me to watch plenty of Joe Kenda and the like.

My bud just brought over some Hornady critical defense 90 grainers. Wish I had more than one magazine for this FEG R61. It is kinda growing on me and he really likes it.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome gun

A 42

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
FleaBay has several along with some leather for it.

Stupidity is expensive
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A 380 is nearly too much gun. I've seen James Bond drop the bad guys from 100 yards with one shot from the 32 acp Walther.

Honestly I carry a 380 Kahr P-380 a bunch. It's accurate enough for head shots at fighting distance. if I ever shoot anyone with it,the first shot will be between the eyes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just know for myself that if someone pulls a 380 on me, I'm not going to just stand there and laugh at them. I'll run away or do whatever I'm told.

Stupidity is expensive
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I just know for myself that if someone pulls a 380 on me, I'm not going to just stand there and laugh at them. I'll run away or do whatever I'm told.

X2
Now days you can't even kill a deer with less than a 300 win mag. Years ago both the 32acp and the 9X18 Mak. served police forces for quite a while. There's no doubt that the 9mm Luger or 45acp are more powerful rounds and I would rather have one if confronting an AK armed terrorist,but in such a situation I would rather have an M16 than any pistol. You just have to decide what you can carry always and use it to your best advantage. I still believe the best weapon is the one between our ears.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I still believe the best weapon is the one between our ears.
probably the best advice I've read

― George Orwell, 1984
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If I'm armed with a handgun, and confronted with an AK wielding terrorist, I'm going to attempt to sneak up behind him/her and blow their head off with whatever I've got and take their weapon. Either that or cower in a corner and chit myself. One or the other......

Stupidity is expensive
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The difference I have found is the 380 goes with me when everything else never did.

Bought a SS Bulldog 44 SPL as a carry piece but since it fires occasionally and the hammer block safety broke off , fell into the action and jammed the gun, I am not trusting it.

Sent back to Charter to repair with a letter explaining the jammed action and occasional firing and it came back with new safety bar and still fires occasionally. It doe make the premise that one should be "surprised" when the gun goes off a reality.

My Taurus 715 44Spl fires every time, but is too heavy.
My Taurus TCP and PT709 Slim fire EVERYTIME I pull the trigger and have had no issues once I learned to load for a semi auto when I first got the TCP.

I'd rather have a 380 in my hand than a 357, 44 or 45 that I leave at home.

One thing I always wonder about purse carry is what is a major target of purse snatchers?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know of darn few CC guns that I'd put up against any rifle. Encountering a terrorist with an AK or AR is highly unlikely although there's no doubt that it COULD happen. By far the most likely need for a gun is a mugger. Shoving a 380 in his face or a bullet in his gut will usually back him off and let you make a getaway. It's not a game of firepower. It's one of escape. You just need to make him think he's going to die if he doesn't back off.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I know of darn few CC guns that I'd put up against any rifle. Encountering a terrorist with an AK or AR is highly unlikely although there's no doubt that it COULD happen. By far the most likely need for a gun is a mugger. Shoving a 380 in his face or a bullet in his gut will usually back him off and let you make a getaway. It's not a game of firepower. It's one of escape. You just need to make him think he's going to die if he doesn't back off.

That's only in the real world. The internet commando will always need a Glock 17 and at least 3 extra mags.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's only in the real world. The internet commando will always need a Glock 17 and at least 3 extra mags.
well i dont need 3 mags I have one of the 33 round magazines!

― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

well i dont need 3 mags I have one of the 33 round magazines!

I'll just say,I hope you can keep the terrorist with the AK busy while I run.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 21 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.