Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I'm a firm believer that Facebook video postage hunting pictures, YouTube post and TV hunting shows are now the enemy to the normal hunting communities.

They do more to arm the anti crowd then help the hunting crowd post Cecil.

The anti crowd does not need anything good or bad to support their cause. They are illogical and emotional. They want all hunting stopped. Even here among "friends" I was unmercifully attacked for a dozen or more pages because I showed no "respect" for a deer I shot in the head. They seemed to prefer a deer with a hole in the chest that didn't die before it hit the ground. That shows "respect".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Even here among "friends" I was unmercifully attacked for a dozen or more pages because I showed no "respect" for a deer I shot in the head. They seemed to prefer a deer with a hole in the chest that didn't die before it hit the ground. That shows "respect".

Your reality is quite different than 99% of the people here. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane
Even here among "friends" I was unmercifully attacked for a dozen or more pages because I showed no "respect" for a deer I shot in the head. They seemed to prefer a deer with a hole in the chest that didn't die before it hit the ground. That shows "respect".

Your reality is quite different than 99% of the people here. wink

I was thinking the same thing....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Birdwatcher
How so?

Or are you running on "feelings" too?

what part of 'complete and utter BS' are you having trouble understanding? lol

Pissing wars bore folks, me included, I was hoping for rational arguments as to how that lady and her husband didn't screw the pooch, it appears ya ain't got any <shrug>

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll put it this way. The next time any of you guys fuqk up, somebody will slap your wife. That is substantially what happened here.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I'll put it this way. The next time any of you guys fuqk up, somebody will slap your wife. That is substantially what happened here.

Hardly...but white knight it however you wish..

Business is not personal, yet so few seem to be able to grasp that.

Last edited by liliysdad; 08/21/16.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some people just don't get it, but a corporate sponsorship only lasts as long as the arrangement is making money, and/or good press, for the sponsor. When that no longer happens, the deal is off, and they find someone else to sponsor.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

ET,
We'll agree to disagree here.

Looks to me they're more of a "we" package.
[Linked Image]

More:
https://www.instagram.com/bowmarbowhunting/?hl=en

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm a firm believer that Facebook video postage hunting pictures, YouTube post and TV hunting shows are now the enemy to the normal hunting communities.

They do more to arm the anti crowd then help the hunting crowd post Cecil.

The anti crowd does not need anything good or bad to support their cause. They are illogical and emotional. They want all hunting stopped. Even here among "friends" I was unmercifully attacked for a dozen or more pages because I showed no "respect" for a deer I shot in the head. They seemed to prefer a deer with a hole in the chest that didn't die before it hit the ground. That shows "respect".

A few posters have already noted this but the "antis" aren't who we need to concern ourselves with and I agree with Ringman on that much. Nothing we do/don't do is going to change their minds and I really don't care what they choose to believe.

It's the people in the middle, the ones who aren't strongly pro- or anti- that can make a difference and we don't need to go out of our way to alienate them.

And Under Armour didn't slap anyone or anyone's wife, they just made a choice about where to invest their advertising dollars.

Isn't that their prerogative?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Atlatls are legal for deer hunting in Missouri....probably not a UA approved method of hunting

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Pretty much here with Stevlyn. I own 2 pieces - top and bottom underwear- of UA. Wore the top once, probably never again. Tight and clammy, and too expensive. Wear the bottoms occasionally when hunting with the snow machine. So I like tights - bite me! smile. I don't like tight tops- and like I said, it feels clammy.

I won't be buying any more UA.

Agree with premise that it was a good kill, good follow up, bad post, and justifiable dropping of sponsorship

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

No.......she was fired

I myself didn't like the video....but then again I don't like hunting TV either

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Way to make easy money and have a lot of fun.....find a pretty girl, teach her how to shoot a bow and gun, film her hunts, sell to men who like to watch a pretty girl dressed in camo. Worked pretty good till hubby got too cocky. No pun intended.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found this thread very interesting and I see some parallels with the hunting/gun community and the African American Community. Both groups are minorities yet are very vocal. Both groups attack their own for agreeing with the majority, i.e. Uncle Tom or anti-gun/hunter. Neither group is willing to discipline or exclude those who are detrimental to their existence.

As a hunter/shooter, we all need to decide on what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. Spear hunting for bear? What's next slingshots? Maybe beefed up brush guards on our trucks cruising the road looking to run over something. I know this sounds absurd, but the attention seeking idiots will think of something else more absurd trying to make a dollar. I think we will start losing support from the general public who is the majority if we continue to justify all types of hunting and shooting. There is a line we can all cross which would not be acceptable and it needs to be defined. Just my 2 cents.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I guess her being in the video should carry no weight.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by barm
I found this thread very interesting and I see some parallels with the hunting/gun community and the African American Community. Both groups are minorities yet are very vocal. Both groups attack their own for agreeing with the majority, i.e. Uncle Tom or anti-gun/hunter. Neither group is willing to discipline or exclude those who are detrimental to their existence.

As a hunter/shooter, we all need to decide on what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. Spear hunting for bear? What's next slingshots? Maybe beefed up brush guards on our trucks cruising the road looking to run over something. I know this sounds absurd, but the attention seeking idiots will think of something else more absurd trying to make a dollar. I think we will start losing support from the general public who is the majority if we continue to justify all types of hunting and shooting. There is a line we can all cross which would not be acceptable and it needs to be defined. Just my 2 cents.

This is not a "we" issue.

This is a company deciding who they will and won't sponsor based on what type of product or performance is put out by those they sponsor.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not the lady, her husband, or the the spear so much as the camera, and the publishing of what the camera did which is the problem here. Her failure to understand that suggests a (common) disconnect between freedom and responsibility.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Atlatls are legal for deer hunting in Missouri....probably not a UA approved method of hunting

Trapping with legholds is legal in most states.

Should I make a youtube video of the procedures involved, and expect Under Armor to continue sponsorship after I post said video on YouTube?

Give me a fugking break. Nobody even knew spear hunting in North America EXISTED until this stupid f a g g o t and his do-nothing khgunt of a wife decided to affix a Go-Pro to a fugking spear.

And now I'm supposed to GAF that Under Armor isn't going to keep writing them checks? Under Armor made no admonishments to the hunting community. Under Armor has and will continue to endorse dozens of hunters. They simply chose to stop endorsing this pair of clown shoes.

As would I.

Clark

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a spear with a stop against a bear would be something, let it charge then hope it runs itself through and the stop on the spear works.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It shouldn't come as a surprise that UA cut the sponsorship. What did the two morons think would happen when they used a spear, filmed it and showed it?
I can't support spearing and I have never owned a piece of overpriced UA stuff.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (7x57Hunter, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.