Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

THAT is "way of looking at scripture", en total, a dogma based on a generalized hermeneutic that you have been taught or immersed in and believe.

First off, this subject is a universe beyond thrashing out in a forum but I could refute every point you make with other in-context evidence based on a hermeneutic that is "more literal". But I have neither the time or inclination to do that.

Second, I may be wrong! 🤔😄. I try not to be dogmatic because this is not cornerstone doctrinal stuff and God obviously values faith in things unseen and not completely understood due to the limitations of the human mind and there are many believers on both sides of this fence. Being wrong is some things is not so bad; being dogmatic about it is worse.

And I usually find "your side" the most arrogantly vociferous in defense or rebuttal or condescension.

I love reading your responses.
One among many is particularly relevant...."Being wrong in some things is not so bad; being dogmatic about it is worse."
It sums up his sophist mentality right there. Cherry picking from the New Testament to rationalize hatred of an entire country. Doesn't sound like Christ's message at all.

Last edited by Wyogal; 08/21/16.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

THAT is "way of looking at scripture", en total, a dogma based on a generalized hermeneutic that you have been taught or immersed in and believe.

First off, this subject is a universe beyond thrashing out in a forum but I could refute every point you make with other in-context evidence based on a hermeneutic that is "more literal". But I have neither the time or inclination to do that.

Second, I may be wrong! 🤔😄. I try not to be dogmatic because this is not cornerstone doctrinal stuff and God obviously values faith in things unseen and not completely understood due to the limitations of the human mind and there are many believers on both sides of this fence. Being wrong is some things is not so bad; being dogmatic about it is worse.

And I usually find "your side" the most arrogantly vociferous in defense or rebuttal or condescension.
You could have just said you concede your error.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
George did not concede any errors. He is trying to politely correct yours...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If I'm wrong, show me where. If Christ didn't identify what is today called Judaism as a body of false and ungodly doctrines, show me. If he did, then you must admit that no state founded and sustained to the present day on the basis of said religion could accomplish anything but evil.

Seems to me Christ was a Jew.I have never read where he condemned Judaism. He condemned what they did in the Temple.
Christ was not a practitioner of the Judaism of his time on earth. God forbid. He condemned the Judaism of his time, calling it the doctrines of men that had displaced received divine revelation. He condemned what Judaism had become by his time on earth, and long previous. Which is what it is today, apart from having piled new outrages atop those already contained in their long list of false doctrines. He called its teachers and adherents sons of their father the devil, as proved by their rejection of God's son, which he said showed them to be attached to the spirit of Antichrist rather than his Father in heaven.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Huntz
If I'm wrong, show me where. If Christ didn't identify what is today called Judaism as a body of false and ungodly doctrines, show me. If he did, then you must admit that no state founded and sustained to the present day on the basis of said religion could accomplish anything but evil.

Seems to me Christ was a Jew.I have never read where he condemned Judaism.He condemned what they did in the Temple.

The Messiah told Jews the proper spiritual path to take.

Some did, some didn't.

Those who didn't missed the boat.

They're not included in the deal until they do.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
John 8:42-47 spells out why some Jews didn't follow the Messiah.

It's not complicated.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Trump has a daughter and two grandkids that are Jewish and living in Israel. Trump has endorsed Netanyahu and called Obama the ‘worst enemy’ of Israel

He brags about all his Jewish awards including grand marshal at New York’s annual Salute to Israel Parade.
In February, Trump was honored with an award at the annual Algemeiner event, a right-wing Jewish news organization.
“I have a Jewish daughter. This wasn’t in the plan, but I’m very glad it happened,” Trump said at the event, held in Manhattan. On Israel, he said, “We love Israel. We will fight for Israel 100 percent, 1,000 percent. It will be there forever.”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Trump has a daughter and two grandkids that are Jewish and living in Israel. Trump has endorsed Netanyahu and called Obama the ‘worst enemy’ of Israel

He brags about all his Jewish awards including grand marshal at New York’s annual Salute to Israel Parade.
In February, Trump was honored with an award at the annual Algemeiner event, a right-wing Jewish news organization.
“I have a Jewish daughter. This wasn’t in the plan, but I’m very glad it happened,” Trump said at the event, held in Manhattan. On Israel, he said, “We love Israel. We will fight for Israel 100 percent, 1,000 percent. It will be there forever.”

So what's your point?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Excellent article all around.

This was particularly spot on: "The neocon assault on Trump is typically carried on with assertions of US patriotism, their Jewish identity submerged under thick layers of professed allegiance to American interests."

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Just doing the Lords work.

[Linked Image]

Now you've gone and made TRH take a "private moment" to ease his stiffness..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I would if I had but I didn't so I haven't.

Not in an insulting way but in a reminding way, it would be good to follow the example of the Bereans and go where they went to search for the truth, not just a tradition of men.

For some balance in your view, I would recommend Future Israel, Why Christian Anti-Judaism must be Challenged.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Why Christian Anti-Judaism must be Challenged.
I don't challenge Jesus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christ was not a practitioner of the Judaism of his time on earth.

You mean He favored Juneteenth over Passover?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Christ was not a practitioner of the Judaism of his time on earth.

You mean He favored Juneteenth over Passover?
He practiced authentic Judaism, then fulfilled it as the Messiah, bringing an end to the authority of the Jewish Hierarchy. "And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent." - Matthew 27:51

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't challenge Jesus.

Where is it written?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
I don't challenge Jesus.

Where is it written?
I take it you've never read the Gospels???

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
I don't challenge Jesus.

Where is it written?
I take it you've never read the Gospels???

Where does it say that those who follow Jesus ought to view Jews differently than other non-Christians? If you're so familiar with Christ's teachings it certainly shouldn't be hard to give the reference from memory?!

Jesus was the one and only perfect Jew; how could He hate Judaism?

Christ's salvation was offered first for the Jew and then the Greek according to Paul.

As I said in another post, the OT stands as a witness to all who would attempt to practice whatever modern "Temple-less" Judaism (a misnomer I grant) is possible.

Sounds nothing like accursedness to me...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

Jesus was the one and only perfect Jew; how could He hate Judaism?
You're being disingenuous.

He hated what was being taught and practiced as though it were Judaism, and in the name of Judaism. It is precisely what is today referred to as Judaism by Jews themselves, i.e., the 'Traditions of the Elders," codified in the form of the Talmud.

There is no longer any authentic Judaism possible, since any who identify as a Jew, yet deny Christ, is with anti-Christ, so says Jesus. And any Jew who acknowledges Christ has become a Christian, and is no longer a Jew in the sense of adhering to the Judaic religion, which prefigured Christ, but was brought to an end with Christ.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

As I said in another post, the OT stands as a witness to all who would attempt to practice whatever modern "Temple-less" Judaism (a misnomer I grant) is possible.

Sounds nothing like accursedness to me...
You're referring, I presume, to the so called Old Testament Jews who claim to practice non-Talmudic Judaism today. This is also an offense to God, since it is in the spirit of anti-Christ. Christ said that any who deny that he is the Messiah (Christ) exhibits the spirit of anti-Christ. This refers most particularly to those identifying themselves as Jews, since (besides Christians) only Jews believe in such a thing as a Christ, and thus only a Jew can formulate the notion of denying that Jesus is he.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 669 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.