Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Some of you already saw this New Mexico rifle elk hunt on Sportsman Channel, earlier this month. The feedback has been remarkable. It is a great hunt, with a great guy, Bruce Pettet, who is CEO of a great company, Leupold. Add in a great camera guy and it might be worth your time to watch, even with the sub-par host that leads the operation. You will see from the physical nature of this hunt that Bruce is not your typical "desk jockey" CEO.

YouTube video link - CLICK HERE or the image below

[/url] [URL=http://s230.photobucket.com/user/BigFinMT/media/NM%20Elk%202015_zpsidbqudtx.jpg.html][Linked Image]

In addition to the hunt itself, we are continuing with our YouTube strategy of providing a lot of hub content that helps explain more of what you saw in the episode. Much of these hub content vids are about the equipment you saw us using.

The rifle, scope, bullet used - https://youtu.be/yCKQpA9gAOg

Range finder we used - https://youtu.be/87VzHMqEGaU

Spotting scopes we used - https://youtu.be/V7cZbwphnoI

Gutless method on an elk – https://youtu.be/Ny5z3kJWbn8

Using Trekking Poles for Mountain Hunting - https://youtu.be/C8Ux_MKKihw

I hope you like the episode and I hope you like our use of YouTube for distribution of the big episode and the surrounding hub content. If you do like it, I hope you will sharing. More of these YouTube episodes to follow over the next few months.

Thanks for watching.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nice bull and a great shot!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Very cool,
watched the gutless method also,interesting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great video!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Very nice Randy. I like the youtube hub content stuff, especially the gear used. I also like your choice in scopes, as they have served me well too, especially the VX6. I'm surprised the 24HCF badasses haven't told you how stupid you are for using Leupy stuff though.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for posting again.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Fantastic!

Nothing better to say to that.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
smile smile smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great episode and thanks for putting it on youtube.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Randy, while on the subject of gear you guys use, what binocs are you toting around nowadays. I know I used to see you with the GR HD's around your neck but since they've never made a replacment for those I'm curious.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great stuff Randy -

Your videos and hunt stories are about as good as I've ever seen -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Randy,
thanks for another great hunt, I've been living w/o TV for the last 24 years, your youtube links are much appreciated!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for the video Randy! Those mountains are brutal!

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Randy, while on the subject of gear you guys use, what binocs are you toting around nowadays. I know I used to see you with the GR HD's around your neck but since they've never made a replacment for those I'm curious.

The last two years I have been using the Mojave HD as a replacement to my old Gold Rings. The Gold Rings were still working great after six years of abuse.

This season I will be testing a pair of the new Gold Ring prototype. I think Leupold will make a pretty bold statement with the new Gold Ring binocular. Will be fun spending the next six months trying to destroy them. Before anyone asks for more details, I am invoking my Forrest Gump disclaimer, "That's all I got to say 'bout that."

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Randy, Awesome video, one of my favorites of yours yet!

On the gear subject, I am intrigued by the binoc and rangefinder harness you are wearing... Care to share who makes that?

Thanks for all you're doing for the sport and for public land conservation!

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Randy, great video. You just keep getting cooler and cooler footage with bigger and better adventures.

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TDN
Randy, Awesome video, one of my favorites of yours yet!

On the gear subject, I am intrigued by the binoc and rangefinder harness you are wearing... Care to share who makes that?

Thanks for all you're doing for the sport and for public land conservation!

Thanks.

Yeah, that is made by FHFGear. I've been offered money to use many other harnesses. Rather, I buy these for me and my guest hunters. Guess that is an affirmative statement that I find them to be worth the money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Liked the video Randy good luck this year here in Colorado. I have seen some good ones this year so far in your unit.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for that update 101. Hoping I can find something representative of the points it took to get it. Good luck to you this season.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Randy, your videos are the only ones I watch. Awesome stuff. Hubs are cool too. Keep up the fabulous work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great videos sir. The Montana hunt played out well in spite of the yahoos we seem to encounter too often.

What are you using to fix your rifle to your pack straps? That looked right handy.
Thanks!
Razz

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.