-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clark- good choice. I have hunted Idaho and Boise or further south would be hard not to like......

Good luck! If you get a decent paying job the rest is easy!!!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Clark, I think you will love that area.. If I could get my step daughter's husband a position there, my life would be wonderful.. Idaho has lots of opportunities in fishing and hunting.. Plus the weather is more mild that higher states.. But the mountains are rugged! We are looking at another spot to move to.. That state is on our list.. Winters here tend to be long, windy and cold.. Best of luck..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Used to have to go into Boise several times a year and I always looked forward to my visits. Winters there are easy to take, even for a Texan. smile It has picked up a lot of population in the last 15-20 years, but it's still not a big city--about like what Austin was 25 years ago.

Hope you guys like it--I think that you will.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If there's any way possible I will end up with a winter and a summer home in just over 8 years. I don't like hot and I don't like cold. Oh, and I hate wind too.

This gives good wind info.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/in-central-us-a-growing-wind-belt-of-manufacturing/

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well crap! I got it wrong again????

When I retired I moved north 600 miles to just above the Arctic Circle into harsher weather winter and summer with the plan of taking it year by year for a maximum of three.

Just started year 7........ smile.

Last edited by las; 08/20/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live in OK where it also get's really hot in the summer as well. My hunting buddy and I have two areas where we hunt (free "leases") here in OK where we hunt deer, turkey, and hogs. When we get tired of the heat (we've actually hunted deer with a depredation tag in late June when temps were well over 100 degrees) we make our annual trip to CO for elk or SD for some incredibly big bucks. These hunts can be surprisingly inexpensive and traveling makes every year is a new adventure. My hunting buddy and I are both over 65 years old and our fall hunting schedule provides all the excitement we can handle. That said, if I were younger, Alaska would be the place I'd live.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I live in SW Wyoming and I would like it a whole lot more were it not for the wind. It's not always windy but it sure seems like it is. That said, there are areas of the state that are far less windy. I know several people from Cokeville and Star Valkey area that report that they don't experience the wind typically associated with Wyoming. My wife is from Greybull and I also lived there for a couple years and it (along with much of the bighorn river basin) is fairly pleasant in the wind department. One other area that I've heard has fairly low wind is around Sheridan. I've never been there but have been close and think it's a place I'd like to live.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I relocated to Western Montana from Arizona in January this year. No regrets, bought a house on the Clark Fork river, can't beat the views and scenery. Deer around the house nearly everyday muleys and whitetails, elk periodically, turkeys, bears grouse even a moose once in a while. I'm not sure what the job prospects for surveyors is here, but I have a friend in Spokane WA that is a PLS, and I know he has done some hiring.

Bart

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Just dropping back to this thread now and wondering if you made it to the Boise area? There's actually some really nice communities in and around Boise. Friends just moved from Mountain Hone to Emmett and really like it.

Give me a shout, I travel a lot, but would be glad to meet with you if you're in the area.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Just dropping back to this thread now and wondering if you made it to the Boise area? There's actually some really nice communities in and around Boise. Friends just moved from Mountain Hone to Emmett and really like it.

Give me a shout, I travel a lot, but would be glad to meet with you if you're in the area.

I posted earlier in this thread that we were going out to Boise early next week. What I meant to say was early next YEAR. The wife and I are planning on heading up in Jan/Feb to make sure we (i.e. the wife) can handle the cold. Next step would be to head up with the whole family after school is out next year to make sure there on board.

Right now I've been networking with people on LinkedIn, here, and a UT (Texas not Tennessee) message board. I'll hopefully take the PLS exam later this year and get my ID PLS.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,795
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.