-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Has anyone here hunted it? What can you tell me about it? I am more than likely heading there I early October for mulies.

God bless,

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So,,,really popular unit I see. I'll take the silence as confirmation of my good choice.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just to break the silence...no, I've never hunted it. grin

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Getting down to the details, should I rent a car or sub to drive from the airport to the trailhead? It will be parked almost entirely and I am a cheap cheap man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you going to rent a car anyway, drive from SLC, not Pocy or IF. It'll save you a lot of money and will only add a few hours to the trip.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Getting down to the details, should I rent a car or sub to drive from the airport to the trailhead? It will be parked almost entirely and I am a cheap cheap man.

should be fine with car beginning of OCT. Later in the season would get an SUV and maybe even bring chains. Used to be some nice bucks in there but know the quality , numbers dropped the last decade as it became more popular.

Hike up to the tops in there and glass. I would bring a light tent or tarp and camp at least a few nights up at higher elevations and get up at first light and glass.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you going to rent a car anyway, drive from SLC, not Pocy or IF. It'll save you a lot of money and will only add a few hours to the trip.

I am coming in from SLC, and think I'll just get the car. I'm getting really really fired up.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

should be fine with car beginning of OCT. Later in the season would get an SUV and maybe even bring chains. Used to be some nice bucks in there but know the quality , numbers dropped the last decade as it became more popular.

Hike up to the tops in there and glass. I would bring a light tent or tarp and camp at least a few nights up at higher elevations and get up at first light and glass.

Those are mostly my plans. Got a one man ultralight tent, and bought my first spotting scope that arrived today. Tried out the tent in the Adirondacks this last weekend and liked it(it held heat really well because of the small space). Shopping for new gear is half the fun. Picked that unit for the terrain and remote country. Can't wait.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's a big beautiful area. Don't forget to check the Rimrock and glass very slowly.

You'll have fun
Look forward to your report.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks appreciate the input very much.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you score the early hunt or the last (rut) hunt?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,355 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,059
Posts18,463,249
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.