Hop To
Page 1,609 of 1,842 1 2 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
Originally Posted by tzone
I don't brag about the girl kid all too often but I should. I'm a proud papa. She's never had grade lower than an "A" on her report card...ever! Today she had her first high school swim meet. She made the dive team this year as an 8th grader.

She made 5 dives and 3 of them were pretty difficult according to the scoring chart which I don't understand yet. But her toughest dive was a Back Dive 1/2 twist and out of 27 total points she scored a 26.1.

Cool week in our house!!

Congrats to her! You may be sitting in the stands at the Olympics one of these days.

Maybe!

The swim coach was practically begging her to join the swim team next year. She can't as an 8th grader. The dive team and the swim team do warm-ups together. And she was faster than some of the kids on the swim team.

Her mom was a swimmer competitively but she's never shown interest. She's always loved the water and is tall and lean, like a swimmer. She did tell me after practice yesterday he asked her again, but she doesn't have a big interest in the swimming. Just diving.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie
I don't brag about the girl kid all too often but I should. I'm a proud papa. She's never had grade lower than an "A" on her report card...ever! Today she had her first high school swim meet. She made the dive team this year as an 8th grader.

She made 5 dives and 3 of them were pretty difficult according to the scoring chart which I don't understand yet. But her toughest dive was a Back Dive 1/2 twist and out of 27 total points she scored a 26.1.

Cool week in our house!!

Congrats to her! You may be sitting in the stands at the Olympics one of these days.

Maybe!

The swim coach was practically begging her to join the swim team next year. She can't as an 8th grader. The dive team and the swim team do warm-ups together. And she was faster than some of the kids on the swim team.

Her mom was a swimmer competitively but she's never shown interest. She's always loved the water and is tall and lean, like a swimmer. She did tell me after practice yesterday he asked her again, but she doesn't have a big interest in the swimming. Just diving.
Oh man, Tom. You gotta push this! I'd be the first one in line to get her autograph when she kicks some Ruskie azz at the Olympics.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey! She is Russian! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously? From your side or her mother's?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Come on, you haven't seen him dance?

Lol

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mine. My grandma was 100% Russian. One of the coolest, most self sufficient women I've ever met.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Come on, you haven't seen him dance?

Lol
New keyboard please!!!! Dave, that's a really scary thought.......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it's any consolation, I'm mostly Kraut. Mom's mom actually had a relly that flew with Von Richtofen. Confirmed ace, killed in action by ground fire.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If it's any consolation, I'm mostly Kraut. Mom's mom actually had a relly that flew with Von Richtofen. Confirmed ace, killed in action by ground fire.

That's the other side. It's probably why I'm so even tempered. grin

Grandma’s father was wanted by the Pol's. They were to behead him if he was found. We're not sure what for though. But the Pol's were after him so in the middle of the night they actually escaped Russia, through Poland and somehow ended up in Vancouver, then Edmonton. She met my Grandpa at military banquet, in Alaska. He was stationed there for the least talked about battle ever in WWII, the Aleutian Islands Campaign. He was an ass kicker and a medic.

She met him at a banquet put on for the Army staff. Grandma and her sister were in Alaska on a trip and snuck into the dance. She met him there but said she wasn’t sure she wanted to marry him because of his last name! grin This coming from a Russian lady, who I still can’t pronounce her last name.

The woman was the best cook ever. Not even a comparison. EVERYTHING was fresh and from scratch. Everyday. She had a huge garden that probably was an acre, that she grew veggies. She’d can them if they couldn’t be used right away. Saturday was bread day. All the bread was baked for the week starting early Saturday morning. Shocker…but even as a young kid, I was able to figure out when the loaves started coming out of the oven. My dad would bring me to visit grandma at 8am on Saturdays. grin I was probably 14 or 15 and went to get my Saturday bread. My dad and I ate about 7 loaves of warm bread, with melted butter. The good hard crust, sourdough, cracked wheat, rye, pumpernickel, white…we piled it away. She saw what we had done and completely laid into my dad and grandpa as I got away scott free. grin grandpa still laughs at that one. As the only grandson…I could do no wrong. laugh

Grandpa was full German. His grandfather settled north of Duluth on the out skirts of a railroad town, Proctor, MN. They farmed the small piece there for a long time. My grandpa and grandma sold the last piece, where they lived to a hotel developer. It sits across the highway from Spirit Mt Ski hill. He ran big ass cable operated cranes from the late 40’s into the early 80’s when he retired. The old man still claims he can run circles around the whipper-snapper with the fly-by-wire controls. My dad will argue with him until he’s blue in the face that he can’t do it… I ain’t gonna be the guy to bet against him though. He retired from cranes and wouldn’t quit working, so he put up road construction signs throughout the state. As a young kid, my dad would drop me off at their house every morning and I’d fill sandbags for the sign bases.

Grandma died 16 years ago now. The big C got her. Grandpa is in assisted living in Duluth. Still sharp as a tack at 94, but his legs don’t work anymore. He has an electric wheel chair to make his rounds as the mayor of the place! Lol. He’s been voted as the residents rep like 4 times now which pisses people in there off. A few months ago, he broke his leg because he took a corner too hot in the chair. He had er cranked up a bit too high. Which shouldn’t be funny, but I laugh every time I think of him whipping around the corner so fast he busted his leg. He laughs at it, so it’s fine. grin My dad and step mom take care of him every day. He lived with them until he couldn’t walk anymore. It was too hard for my dad to carry and move him around. My dad is no spring chicken at 67. Lol

He loves road construction still to this day and keeps up with my projects with the computer, and construction articles in Industry magazines….which I think is cool as all hell. When I go visit him, we’ll sit and talk about it for hours.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Very cool stuff Tom, thanks for posting that.

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Very cool stuff Tom, thanks for posting that.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Hey Goalie, where you been hiding, man? Gonna try to make the get together when Deflave's in town?

Oh, and winning at Nationals with the Minnesota Warriors.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's way cool!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Went to Berettaman's Youth Outdoors Activity Day event up in Alexandria today. We had 1,800 kids through the gates to learn more about the great out of doors. Special thanks to B-man for a job well done. Cant' wait till next year!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good job Boys !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice work!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We spent part of the day out at camp yesterday. I did some brush and tag alder chopping. Dusty's old stand now has a very nice view. This connects with the clearing that Pam's stand overlooks. The whole works will make a really nice food plot someday, possibly next year.

this is the grassy clearing that Pam's stand overlooks.

[Linked Image]

Here's the new trail at the north end of Pam's area that leads back towards the Dusty stand.

[Linked Image]

I walked up the new trail about 30 yds to snap this pic. Dusty's (Now Missy's) stand can be seen in this photo.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

View from the stand.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Holy Hannah, I'll give you my gps cords. To my deer stands. Could you run over there and make it look like that in the pictures. That's awesome.

Nice work there Sir ND.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

View from the stand.

[Linked Image]

Holy crap! You really opened that up!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks guys. To say it was a violent task, would be putting it mildly.

Tag chopping with a bush hog mower is not for the faint of heart. lol!

Pure carnage, it was beautiful.

cool

Something clever here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Holy crap! You really opened that up!

That's what she said.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1,609 of 1,842 1 2 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.