Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Why don't you add something positive?

Ya' mean like agreeing with you...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antlers
Why don't you post some identifying information so we can appreciate the expert you are?

Why don't you...?

You *first* made the claim that Carbon-14 dating gives us "billions of earth years"...!

High school chemistry and high school physics negates that claim.

Showing someone else's mistake does not establish your credibility.

For *you* to question anyone else's 'credibility' is pretty funny.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

No, you have to look at the full 360 degrees of possible employs, I stated I don't like to hang with hypocrites, and the really nice church folk that do believe, act it and live it, and are genuinely good Christian folk, don't need to be seated next to a sorry dirty black hearted fu-ker like me.

You see, it works both ways.

As I said, I'll complete my chit clearing, retire, then maybe settle down some day.

Friend I have news for you, really good news. Righteousness or right standing with God comes through faith in Jesus Christ not by being good or going to church. He just gives it to you for believing. (Ephesians 2:8). The chit cleaning has already been done, and you have done nothing that God does not already know about and can handle.

You are operating under the misconception of "genuinely good Christian folks" of which there is no such thing. There are only dirty black hearted fu-kers that God counts as righteous for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please read the first 8 chapters of the book of Romans with that in mind.

That's very informative RJY, I may read those scriptures some evening, only thing here is The King James version though.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Most prophecy has been fulfilled. The book of revelation has lots of stuff in it that people claim to understand, they even have charts graphs and huge boards of stuff that they preach as the true meaning. I'm sorry, but if you think you got it all figured out you don't know a dang thing, if you claim to only know Christ and him crucified, then you probably have exactly what you need to know figured out. I don't even read revelation cause I don't care how it all comes to pass. I just keep on keeping on and do my best to live like a good person and repent for when I fumble the ball. I do a lot of that. I'm a turd.

Last edited by seal_billy; 08/23/16.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Most prophecy has been fulfilled. The book of revelation has lots of stuff in it that people claim to understand, they even have charts graphs and huge boards of stuff that they preach as the true meaning. I'm sorry, but if you think you got it all figured out you don't know a dang thing, if you claim to only know Christ and him crucified, then you probably have exactly what you need to know figured out. I don't even read revelation cause I don't care how it all comes to pass. I just keep on keeping on and do my best to live like a good person and repent for when I fumble the ball. I do a lot of that. I'm a turd.

Revelation came very close to not making it into NT canon and was not part of the NT teaching for a long time. Even now most really can't decipher the majority of its meaning with any certainty.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Well, at least you guys are trying to live and act right, I've got a chitload more clearing to do before I can settle down and start acting reverent ;]

Do you fix your car BEFORE you take it to the mechanic. Often you would take it to the mechanic because you tried to fix it and screwed it all up.

No, you have to look at the full 360 degrees of possible employs, I stated I don't like to hang with hypocrites, and the really nice church folk that do believe, act it and live it, and are genuinely good Christian folk, don't need to be seated next to a sorry dirty black hearted fu-ker like me.

You see, it works both ways.

As I said, I'll complete my chit clearing, retire, then maybe settle down some day.

Friend I have news for you, really good news. Righteousness or right standing with God comes through faith in Jesus Christ not by being good or going to church. He just gives it to you for believing. (Ephesians 2:8). The chit cleaning has already been done, and you have done nothing that God does not already know about and can handle.

You are operating under the misconception of "genuinely good Christian folks" of which there is no such thing. There are only dirty black hearted fu-kers that God counts as righteous for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please read the first 8 chapters of the book of Romans with that in mind.

That's very informative RJY, I may read those scriptures some evening, only thing here is The King James version though.

I agree. One does not have to "clean up his act" to approach God. I offered some thoughts one time for a guy who said he did not want to be a Jesus follower because he did not want to stop drinking. I said he should pursue the Lord and continue to drink all he wanted to. First things first. God can deal with hearts and mold the clay.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you post some identifying information so we can appreciate the expert you are?

Why don't you...?

You *first* made the claim that Carbon-14 dating gives us "billions of earth years"...!

My credibility is not the one being asked about. When someone stoops to ad hominin attack they show they have no argument.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why don't you...?

You didn't address his question.

Of course I did. If you can't understand my answer, seek help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why don't you...?

My credibility is not the one being asked about.

Nobody here asks about 'your' credibility anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

You are either obfuscating or are not able to keep up with the conversation. I think it's the former.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

You are either obfuscating or are not able to keep up with the conversation. I think it's the former.

You are under the mistaken impression that I care what you think on this matter.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

You are under the mistaken impression that I care what you think on this matter.

I posted "I think the former," for my benefit.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

I posted "I think the former," for my benefit.

It's clear from your posts here that everything you say and do is for *your* benefit.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The first question the disciples asked our Lord after His resurrection
from the dead concerned prophecy: “When they therefore were come
together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time
restore again the kingdom to Israel?” (Acts 1:6)

Look carefully at Christ’s response to them: “It is not for you to
know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own
power.” (Acts 1:7)

Did you get that? “IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO KNOW.”

Jesus as a man did not know the Times and Seasons until His Ascension and Glorification.
Mark13:32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

He, Jesus, received them from His Father.
Rev 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave him to show his servants-things which must shortly take place."

Jesus gave them to John, and also to Paul, concerning the Times and Seasons to the End of the the Age.
1 Thess 5:1-2 "But concerning the times and the seasons brethren you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves KNOW perfectly that "the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night."

Did you get that? "IT IS GOD'S WILL FOR HIS SERVANTS TO KNOW!"

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
antlers,

Ringman,

It seems to me that he is very sensitive and cannot stand it when someone challenges what he says. Note that he posted this, a broad blanket statement with absolutely no validity or support for it:

"People don't resist Christianity because of Jesus...people resist Christianity because of Christians."

I replied and simply said that that this was not my experience and he posted this:

"To say that some 'Christians' don't often come across as being unkind, intolerant, harsh, judgmental, and self-righteous when they claim they are just trying to convey the message of Jesus is more than a little bit disingenuous. People aren't resisting the message of Jesus...they *are* resisting the messengers that come across just as I described above."

Of course, note that I did not say what he implied at all I never said that some Christians don't often come across as.... yada yada........ He added and twisted what I said. I was not disingenuous, he was. He intentionally misconstrued and then posted a poorly thought out "rebuttal."

He also bobs and weaves a bit. Note that he never answered the following question:

"Well, I agree with you that "some" are like that. But let me ask if, in the church you attend, are "most" like that or "some?"

I guess you could say that yes, he was "obfuscating" with his non-answer that "any" was too much. He sure evaded answering the question didn't he?

Further, there was post by George and this guy picks out an obvious error about carbon dating and proceeds to ding on the guy for it. He ignored the main point of the post and got stuck on this. Why? It seems to be "disingenuous" to me. Yep, he was finding fault with a minor point and ignoring or perhaps not comprehending the main point of the post. Seems to me he WAS nitpicking.

He exhibits troll like behaviors.

TF

btw, in general, I agree with George in that while I do not know the age of the earth, I suspect it is younger than most believe. Honest science and data is what it is but junk science and politically correct conclusions not supported by the data is simply a new way to pass off lies to those with itching ears. Look no further than the lies from the "scientists' on manmade global warming and climate change.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
antlers,

Ringman,
It seems to me that he is very sensitive and cannot stand it when someone challenges what he says.

lol

Hardly.

Your full response is a classic passive-aggressive response. Denigrating someone through a post to someone else...with the 'primary' intention of having the object of your consternation read it. It's typical behavior of what a lot of people expect from, and have experienced from, self-professed 'Christians' such as yourself. A pure gold example of why many people who don't resist the message of Jesus, definitely *do* resist some of those people who claim to be His followers.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

The world would be a better place if a bunch of Christians took lessons from Gunner........

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't you add something positive?

Ya' mean like agreeing with you...?

Antlers,
First, my response was to Gus in relation to a question he asked about "early revelation" not to you. It was a short response to hm to explain how there was; how it might have happened. My comments were not directed to you nor did I ask your opinion. Notice I couched my opinion as, "I lean to" meaning, I am not positive this is correct in the context of correctly understanding the science or God's word as there is much divided opinion on the subject.

I am not asking you to agree with me nor care if you do or dont't; believe what you want. Instead of adding to the discussion in a cordial way, whether pro or CON, you pick on a point that is totally peripheral to my main point and again interrupt a thread and derail it with your little, inner Napoleonic edicts.

If you had something to add about prophecy and/or early revelation why not share it with us in a contributing way instead? I suspect because you are completely unable to add OR LEAD with anything of substance. Most reasonable folks have a sense of what they don't know; some have no idea of what they don't know but but forge ahead anyway seeking attention and trying to bolster their little egos.

The author of Proverbs 17:28, paraphrased by Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain, wrote something you should seriously consider.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
antlers,

Ringman,
It seems to me that he is very sensitive and cannot stand it when someone challenges what he says.

lol

Hardly.

Your full response is a classic passive-aggressive response. Denigrating someone through a post to someone else...with the 'primary' intention of having the object of your consternation read it. It's typical behavior of what a lot of people expect from, and have experienced from, self-professed 'Christians' such as yourself. A pure gold example of why many people who don't resist the message of Jesus, definitely *do* resist some of those people who claim to be His followers.

And again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The author of Proverbs 17:28, paraphrased by Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain, wrote something you should seriously consider.

Comin' from you, who claimed that carbon-14 dating gives us "billions of earth years", that's pretty funny.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,588 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.