Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2
The exact percentage (proof) of alcohol in the various kinds of legal commercially brewed/distilled/fermented beverages is a knowable, consistent, and reliable figure. A person can know how much alcohol they are consuming which allows them the option to control the amount they ingest over a given period of time.

I saw it the first time. That's why I asked the question of you, "So, getting intoxicated is OK, but 'only' as long as you know the exact percentage of the chemical intoxicant that you are ingesting...?"

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Madmooner, not in my experience. I know a bunch of people just like that. I kinda AM one, though I don't "smoke the hell out of it".

Folks....... put down the schoolmarm cane for just a moment... it's a PEOPLE issue, not a weed issue. Some people are just losers.

Why doesn't this surprise me...

That's the exact same thought that went through my mind when I read that

Yup!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In theory if someone smokes weed no one is hurt, unless that someone is a parent. When you read a child protective services report about a child in kindergarten that shows up to class unable to speak and in urine soaked pajamas and find out mom is a pot head you have a different perspective on weed being victim less.

Making it easier for losers to mess up their lives isn't the solution.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Weed didn't piss the kids pants. Weed didn't let the kid sit in it.

Take away the weed, and the mom will still be a worthless POS. Guaranteed.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Some people realize it is preposterous to 'blame the gun' for the actions of the user, but ironically, will be quick to 'blame the weed' for the actions of the user.

Yep. It's pretty simple, really. Alcohol users and their intoxicant of choice is OK...but marijuana users and their intoxicant of choice is not OK. Hypocritical to the Nth degree.

The exact percentage (proof) of alcohol in the various kinds of legal commercially brewed/distilled/fermented beverages is a knowable, consistent, and reliable figure. A person can know how much alcohol they are consuming which allows them the option to control the amount they ingest over a given period of time.

I don't know how factual it is but from what I've read, heard and been told by some users, the amount of intoxicant in marijuana can vary considerably, therefore no way to know before consuming how much could be too much.

Some people take their first drink and it sends them down a road from which they never recover.

Some begin to gamble and in some cases - same outcome.

You want to use my quote then let's use it.
It's impossible to know the exact number of bullets that an irresponsible user can fire into himself or his victim and know the exact outcome.

You are either going to have a society of personal responsibility or not.
The gun is not to blame, the weed is not to blame, neither are the deck of cards, or dice, or alcoholic drink, number of blows to the head, meth, oxy, etc.

You can't cherry pick which ones are the user's responsibility and in other cases blame the item or substance itself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is proof positive that propaganda works on the masses.

Vilify something enough, and the masses buy whatever is being said, true or not.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 700LH

Vilify something enough, and the masses buy whatever is being said, true or not.

Now you know why I have a memory of an elephant and many do not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Here, THC content is measured and labeled. You know exactly what you are getting. How you ingest it is a big variable.

Like alcohol, weed will affect folk differently. Some people do very well, others turn into a puddle.

While alcohol is far, FAR, more toxic than weed, weed is a more psycho active substance.

Drink a beer, smoke a J, whatever. Just be responsible. How is that so fuggin' hard? If you need either to get through life, you're doing it wrong.

If you feel the need to tell people what they can and can not ingest, you're a fugg 'tard.

Yeah, well said.

Oregon's recreational industry launches for real here in the next couple months. We've been in a transitional period where what were previously medical dispensaries could sell a limited amount to non-medical-cardholders... 1/4 oz I believe. Anyway, yes, the stuff is lab tested to establish potency as well as the ratios of the various cannaboids. Turns out, THC is only one of them. Some folks are very actively trying not to get high-THC pot and are after the CBD's.

I rode with an engineer friend the other day and he told me some interesting stuff. He's had a medical grow license for years. He's a sharp guy and very curious. He'd been experimenting with making tinctures, using various methods, then getting them lab tested. Of interest to me was that he'd had basic butter tested. I make butter then make caramels with that- more below. What was interesting was that the THC doesn't carbolyze efficiently from its acid (non-pschoactive) form. Chemistry majors, I apologize, but I'm gonna call that THC(a).

So, THC(a) is not psychoactive. This is why it is traditionally smoked: that carbolyzes it into THC, and you catch a buzz. However some of the doctors on the cutting edge believe that THC(a) has enormous health benefits, in really sick folks, to the point that they are having patients actually juice what would otherwise be huge quantities of leaf and flower, and drink it, to get all that THC(a) without getting high.

What's interesting to me about it is that that his butter, made the the way I make it, had only carbolyzed about 20% of the THC(a) into THC. This has been intriguing to me for the last year, because I've been making the butter with what appear to be LARGE quantities of chopped up flowers (buds) and have been a little surprised that it hasn't been more potent. It doesn't matter, mind you, because since the stuff is damn near free if you grow it yourself, who cares... but I was mildly interested.

Concurrent with starting to make and ingest these caramels in the evening, ive seen a fairly remarkable change in my "drug life": I virtually never take ibuprofen anymore. I'm a big guy and have a physical lifestyle and ibuprofen has been my friend for a long time, both for the pain relief and the anti-inflammatory properties.

So bringing this full circle, come to find out that I've actually, most likely, been getting a pretty damn large dose of THC(a) in these caramels in order to get the psychoactive effect I like- which when eaten this way is very similar to alcohol- a relaxing body buzz with mild euphoria and general good feelings. So whether it's all that THC (a), or the THC, or some other cannaboids I don't know, but the effect on my body in general has been fairly profound: much less pain, inflammation, etc to the point that I NEVER take ibuprofen anymore.

I find that quite interesting.

As a huge side benefit, the caramels have greatly decreased my desire to drink. I still have a couple beers but I haven't had more than (3) 12-oz beers in almost a year. THAT is huge. Alcohol, which is the drug of choice for many here and everywhere else, is very toxic and unhealthy. So I'll count that as a credit in this equation as well.

I'm taking the time (and absorbing the negative comments) to type all this for one reason only. This is a place that could use some education on this stuff; many of you are exactly the people who need to come around on this issue if we are ever, as a society, going to get past the "Reefer Madness" hysteria.

And by the way, nobody "smokes a joint" of this modern, very potent weed. You control dosage by smoking a tiny little piece to avoid becoming what I'd call "over stoned" which is not pleasant. This is "taking psychoactive substances 101": start small. You can always do a little more.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sad story for all involved:

Indiana woman positive for THC sentenced in deadly crash

...On Wednesday, Shrock was sentenced to six years. However, due to her plea agreement, she will be on supervised probation for five years and 340 days and three of those years will be on house arrest. The judge also suspended her driving privileges for two years.

A psychologist testified that Shrock suffered from severe survivor’s guilt, depression and anxiety following the crash. The psychologist said she was very upset by what the family thought upon hearing that the driver was “intoxicated,” though Shrock said she felt no affects of drug use the morning of the crash.

In the courtroom Wednesday morning, Shrock tearfully recalls the events of Aug. 18.

“...I didn’t feel fuzzy, I didn’t feel clouded,” Shrock said. “I did not at all feel impaired.”

Shrock said her use of marijuana was infrequent and she didn’t feel affects of the drug at all that day. Shrock told the court Wednesday the last time she used marijuana was two days before the crash.

“It wasn’t a frequent thing,” she said...

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/11/indiana-woman-positive-for-thc-sentenced-in-deadly-crash/

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 700LH

Truer words were never spoken

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

...On Wednesday, Shrock was sentenced to six years. However, due to her plea agreement, she will be on supervised probation for five years and 340 days and three of those years will be on house arrest. The judge also suspended her driving privileges for two years.

A psychologist testified that Shrock suffered from severe survivor’s guilt, depression and anxiety following the crash. The psychologist said she was very upset by what the family thought upon hearing that the driver was “intoxicated,” though Shrock said she felt no affects of drug use the morning of the crash.

In the courtroom Wednesday morning, Shrock tearfully recalls the events of Aug. 18.

“...I didn’t feel fuzzy, I didn’t feel clouded,” Shrock said. “I did not at all feel impaired.”

Shrock said her use of marijuana was infrequent and she didn’t feel affects of the drug at all that day. Shrock told the court Wednesday the last time she used marijuana was two days before the crash.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/11/indiana-woman-positive-for-thc-sentenced-in-deadly-crash/

Got off pretty light for killing someone.

"Investigators said Shrock was reaching for a cup of coffee when she drove off the roadway, overcorrected, crossed the median and struck Harp’s vehicle head-on."

Sounds like coffee was the culprit....

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Here, THC content is measured and labeled. You know exactly what you are getting. How you ingest it is a big variable.

Like alcohol, weed will affect folk differently. Some people do very well, others turn into a puddle.

While alcohol is far, FAR, more toxic than weed, weed is a more psycho active substance.

Drink a beer, smoke a J, whatever. Just be responsible. How is that so fuggin' hard? If you need either to get through life, you're doing it wrong.

If you feel the need to tell people what they can and can not ingest, you're a fugg 'tard.

Yeah, well said.

Oregon's recreational industry launches for real here in the next couple months. We've been in a transitional period where what were previously medical dispensaries could sell a limited amount to non-medical-cardholders... 1/4 oz I believe. Anyway, yes, the stuff is lab tested to establish potency as well as the ratios of the various cannaboids. Turns out, THC is only one of them. Some folks are very actively trying not to get high-THC pot and are after the CBD's.

I rode with an engineer friend the other day and he told me some interesting stuff. He's had a medical grow license for years. He's a sharp guy and very curious. He'd been experimenting with making tinctures, using various methods, then getting them lab tested. Of interest to me was that he'd had basic butter tested. I make butter then make caramels with that- more below. What was interesting was that the THC doesn't carbolyze efficiently from its acid (non-pschoactive) form. Chemistry majors, I apologize, but I'm gonna call that THC(a).

So, THC(a) is not psychoactive. This is why it is traditionally smoked: that carbolyzes it into THC, and you catch a buzz. However some of the doctors on the cutting edge believe that THC(a) has enormous health benefits, in really sick folks, to the point that they are having patients actually juice what would otherwise be huge quantities of leaf and flower, and drink it, to get all that THC(a) without getting high.

What's interesting to me about it is that that his butter, made the the way I make it, had only carbolyzed about 20% of the THC(a) into THC. This has been intriguing to me for the last year, because I've been making the butter with what appear to be LARGE quantities of chopped up flowers (buds) and have been a little surprised that it hasn't been more potent. It doesn't matter, mind you, because since the stuff is damn near free if you grow it yourself, who cares... but I was mildly interested.

Concurrent with starting to make and ingest these caramels in the evening, ive seen a fairly remarkable change in my "drug life": I virtually never take ibuprofen anymore. I'm a big guy and have a physical lifestyle and ibuprofen has been my friend for a long time, both for the pain relief and the anti-inflammatory properties.

So bringing this full circle, come to find out that I've actually, most likely, been getting a pretty damn large dose of THC(a) in these caramels in order to get the psychoactive effect I like- which when eaten this way is very similar to alcohol- a relaxing body buzz with mild euphoria and general good feelings. So whether it's all that THC (a), or the THC, or some other cannaboids I don't know, but the effect on my body in general has been fairly profound: much less pain, inflammation, etc to the point that I NEVER take ibuprofen anymore.

I find that quite interesting.

As a huge side benefit, the caramels have greatly decreased my desire to drink. I still have a couple beers but I haven't had more than (3) 12-oz beers in almost a year. THAT is huge. Alcohol, which is the drug of choice for many here and everywhere else, is very toxic and unhealthy. So I'll count that as a credit in this equation as well.

I'm taking the time (and absorbing the negative comments) to type all this for one reason only. This is a place that could use some education on this stuff; many of you are exactly the people who need to come around on this issue if we are ever, as a society, going to get past the "Reefer Madness" hysteria.

And by the way, nobody "smokes a joint" of this modern, very potent weed. You control dosage by smoking a tiny little piece to avoid becoming what I'd call "over stoned" which is not pleasant. This is "taking psychoactive substances 101": start small. You can always do a little more.

Many people have a very romantic notion of weed. Others think it's devils lettuce.

Both are a bit silly IMO.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If the dry villages north of the Arctic circle had no alcohol and instead had weed there would be a precipitous decline in physical abuse, sexual abuse and Iditarod racer abuse. Guarndamnteed.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

"Investigators said Shrock was reaching for a cup of coffee when she drove off the roadway, overcorrected, crossed the median and struck Harp’s vehicle head-on."

http://www.today.com/health/driving...ana-causing-spike-fatal-accidents-t91746

"Driving while high on marijuana causing spike in fatal accidents"

Any time Mary Gaston drives by the intersection where a driver high on marijuana plowed into her son’s motorcycle two and a half years ago, the loud bang of the impact replays in her head.

Blake had hugged her before he left the suburban Seattle restaurant’s parking lot — it was the last time she would ever feel his embrace.

“I heard it and I knew instantly,” Gaston remembers. “I said ‘that’s Blake’ and I just ran. It was not even 50 feet away. And he was lying in the intersection bleeding out.”

Though doctors tried to save his life, 23-year-old Blake Gaston didn’t make it.

His story is becoming frighteningly more common. A new report by the American Auto Association (AAA) has found that the percentage of drivers who are high on pot during fatal accidents in Washington State more than doubled between 2013 and 2014.
In Washington, only looking at crashes in which at least one driver tested positive for active THC, there were 40 fatalities in 2010, compared to 85 in 2014, according to AAA estimates. However, a large number of drivers were not tested for THC or did not have available blood test results, so THC-related fatalities could be much higher, the report notes.

The AAA report focused only on Washington state, while legalized the sale and possession of marijuana in 2012. It did not track driving while high fatality trends in Colorado, which also legalized pot that in 2012.

But with marijuana on the ballot to become legal in more states, AAA researchers fear that the numbers will rise more sharply.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Some people realize it is preposterous to 'blame the gun' for the actions of the user, but ironically, will be quick to 'blame the weed' for the actions of the user.

Yep. It's pretty simple, really. Alcohol users and their intoxicant of choice is OK...but marijuana users and their intoxicant of choice is not OK. Hypocritical to the Nth degree.

I don't know how factual it is but from what I've read, heard and been told by some users, the amount of intoxicant in marijuana can vary considerably, therefore no way to know before consuming how much could be too much.

I don't know anyone who's died from smoking too much high end pot, lots of people die for drinking to much alcohol

"Marijuana-related deaths, suspensions & problems spike in Colorado – report

Published time: 22 Sep, 2015 04:11"

A new study of marijuana drug use in Colorado found increases in marijuana-related traffic deaths, hospital visits, school suspensions, lab explosions, and pet poisonings. The study was conducted by a federal government program.

The 166-page report released this month analyzed the effects of legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use in Colorado spanning the time period from 2006 to the present. Along with the state of Washington, Colorado is considered as something of laboratory in which the effects of legalizing marijuana use can be studied.

The study showed that the number of drivers testing positive for marijuana increased 100 percent from 2007 to 2012, with marijuana-related fatalities doubling from 37 to 78. Traffic fatalities total around 500 a year in the state.

One of the reports key findings was that the number of children aged zero to five exposed to marijuana increased 268 percent when comparing the period from 2006 to 2009 to the period from 2010 to 2013: triple the national average.

The report showed that more young people aged 12 to 17 were using marijuana as well. When asked during a national survey in 2012 whether they had used marijuana in the past month, 10.47 percent of Colorado’s youth said they had, which was 39 percent higher than the national average.

“I never dreamed in a million years that this would happen to my son,” Kendal, a parent who didn’t want to use his last name, told CBS, referring to a time when he came home to find his 13-year-old son unconscious from what he says was a marijuana overdose.

“He was gray. His heart wasn’t beating and he wasn’t breathing,” Kendal said.

Kendal used CPR to resuscitate him, and later talked to his son’s high school peer and supplier.

q

@Drudge_Report_ Well, shoot... where'd I put my "shocked" face?
— Weird Ralph (@weirdralph) September 21, 2015Q
Marijuana-related emergency room visits grew 57 percent in two years, from 8,198 in 2011 to 12,888 in 2013, the study found, with a 29 percent increase in emergency room visits for teens.

The report also found that drug-related suspensions and expulsions increased 32 percent between the 2008-2009 and 2012-2013 school years. The majority of expulsions were for marijuana violations.

From 2006 to 2008, there were 1,000 to 4,800 medical marijuana cardholders and no known dispensaries in Colorado. As of the end of 2012, there were 108,000 cardholders and 532 licensed dispensaries.

In November 2012, voters passed an amendment allowing anyone over the age of 21 to use marijuana recreationally.
Other findings included data showing that seizures of Colorado pot being shipped out of state soared in 2014. Pot seizures increased 397 percent between 2008 and 2013. The average number of pounds seized increased 35.5 percent from 2005 to 2008 when compared to the time period from 2009 to 2013. US Mail parcels were intercepted being shipped to 33 states, representing an increase of 1,280 percent.

Increased distribution of and access to marijuana has also led to increases in crime, lab explosions, and poisonings, according to the study. The number of pets poisoned from ingesting marijuana increased fourfold in six years, with a total of 153 cases reported from 2006 -2012.

The report also found that the estimated annual revenue from the sale of recreational marijuana varies from $65 million to $118 million. Interestingly, the majority of counties and cities in Colorado have banned recreational marijuana businesses despite the drug being legal.

The report was carried out by the federal government’s Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, a program that assists federal, state and local and tribal law enforcement in critical drug-trafficking regions.

https://www.rt.com/usa/316148-marijuana-related-deaths-injuries-study/

OD'd on weed? come the [bleep] on. what a bunch of biased bullshit.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

http://www.today.com/health/driving...ana-causing-spike-fatal-accidents-t91746

"Driving while high on marijuana causing spike in fatal accidents"

Any time Mary Gaston drives by the intersection where a driver high on marijuana plowed into her son’s motorcycle two and a half years ago, the loud bang of the impact replays in her head.

Blake had hugged her before he left the suburban Seattle restaurant’s parking lot — it was the last time she would ever feel his embrace.

“I heard it and I knew instantly,” Gaston remembers. “I said ‘that’s Blake’ and I just ran. It was not even 50 feet away. And he was lying in the intersection bleeding out.”

Though doctors tried to save his life, 23-year-old Blake Gaston didn’t make it.

His story is becoming frighteningly more common. A new report by the American Auto Association (AAA) has found that the percentage of drivers who are high on pot during fatal accidents in Washington State more than doubled between 2013 and 2014.
In Washington, only looking at crashes in which at least one driver tested positive for active THC, there were 40 fatalities in 2010, compared to 85 in 2014, according to AAA estimates. However, a large number of drivers were not tested for THC or did not have available blood test results, so THC-related fatalities could be much higher, the report notes.

The AAA report focused only on Washington state, while legalized the sale and possession of marijuana in 2012. It did not track driving while high fatality trends in Colorado, which also legalized pot that in 2012.

But with marijuana on the ballot to become legal in more states, AAA researchers fear that the numbers will rise more sharply.

What are they saying? You shouldn't get stoned and drive? Earth shattering!

People behaving recklessly and irresponsibly is nothing new. Tracking folks involved in accidents in relation to THC in their system is.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BarryC
You smoke a joint, you are stoned. You drink one serving of alcohol and you are unaffected.
That's as far as I'm going in rehashing the subject for the Nth time.

Not at all. It all depends on the tolerance of the individual (how long and often they drink or smoke).

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by BarryC
You smoke a joint, you are stoned. You drink one serving of alcohol and you are unaffected.
That's as far as I'm going in rehashing the subject for the Nth time.

Not at all. It all depends on the tolerance of the individual (how long and often they drink or smoke).

There is a difference between being "high" and being "stoned", just like there is a difference between being "mildly buzzed" and "totally chit faced" when drinking.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The guy who crossed the centerline and hit me 5 years ago supposedly (he died, so...) was reaching for his coffee, or spilled it, or something.

BAN COFFEE WHILE DRIVING!! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rotten-a$$ government has no business telling adults what substances they can or can't ingest. *Only* when harm to another person is the direct result of that ingestion should the government step in and have a say-so.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (222Sako, 163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,072
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.