Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 41magfan

It's worth noting that 99% of the "stopping failures" I witnessed were due to bullet placement and had absolutely nothing to do with caliber or bullet type.
exactly why I feel "ok" about carrying a Glock 42

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Originally Posted by 41magfan

It's worth noting that 99% of the "stopping failures" I witnessed were due to bullet placement and had absolutely nothing to do with caliber or bullet type.
exactly why I feel "ok" about carrying a Glock 42
I wouldn't feel poorly armed with one. I'd likely carry a spare mag, though.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My wife forces me to watch plenty of Joe Kenda and the like.

My bud just brought over some Hornady critical defense 90 grainers. Wish I had more than one magazine for this FEG R61. It is kinda growing on me and he really likes it.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome gun

What's the dark earth colored Glock

A 42

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
FleaBay has several along with some leather for it.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A 380 is nearly too much gun. I've seen James Bond drop the bad guys from 100 yards with one shot from the 32 acp Walther.

Honestly I carry a 380 Kahr P-380 a bunch. It's accurate enough for head shots at fighting distance. if I ever shoot anyone with it,the first shot will be between the eyes.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just know for myself that if someone pulls a 380 on me, I'm not going to just stand there and laugh at them. I'll run away or do whatever I'm told.

Stupidity is expensive
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I just know for myself that if someone pulls a 380 on me, I'm not going to just stand there and laugh at them. I'll run away or do whatever I'm told.

X2
Now days you can't even kill a deer with less than a 300 win mag. Years ago both the 32acp and the 9X18 Mak. served police forces for quite a while. There's no doubt that the 9mm Luger or 45acp are more powerful rounds and I would rather have one if confronting an AK armed terrorist,but in such a situation I would rather have an M16 than any pistol. You just have to decide what you can carry always and use it to your best advantage. I still believe the best weapon is the one between our ears.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I still believe the best weapon is the one between our ears.
probably the best advice I've read

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If I'm armed with a handgun, and confronted with an AK wielding terrorist, I'm going to attempt to sneak up behind him/her and blow their head off with whatever I've got and take their weapon. Either that or cower in a corner and chit myself. One or the other......

Stupidity is expensive
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The difference I have found is the 380 goes with me when everything else never did.

Bought a SS Bulldog 44 SPL as a carry piece but since it fires occasionally and the hammer block safety broke off , fell into the action and jammed the gun, I am not trusting it.

Sent back to Charter to repair with a letter explaining the jammed action and occasional firing and it came back with new safety bar and still fires occasionally. It doe make the premise that one should be "surprised" when the gun goes off a reality.

My Taurus 715 44Spl fires every time, but is too heavy.
My Taurus TCP and PT709 Slim fire EVERYTIME I pull the trigger and have had no issues once I learned to load for a semi auto when I first got the TCP.

I'd rather have a 380 in my hand than a 357, 44 or 45 that I leave at home.

One thing I always wonder about purse carry is what is a major target of purse snatchers?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I know of darn few CC guns that I'd put up against any rifle. Encountering a terrorist with an AK or AR is highly unlikely although there's no doubt that it COULD happen. By far the most likely need for a gun is a mugger. Shoving a 380 in his face or a bullet in his gut will usually back him off and let you make a getaway. It's not a game of firepower. It's one of escape. You just need to make him think he's going to die if he doesn't back off.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I know of darn few CC guns that I'd put up against any rifle. Encountering a terrorist with an AK or AR is highly unlikely although there's no doubt that it COULD happen. By far the most likely need for a gun is a mugger. Shoving a 380 in his face or a bullet in his gut will usually back him off and let you make a getaway. It's not a game of firepower. It's one of escape. You just need to make him think he's going to die if he doesn't back off.

That's only in the real world. The internet commando will always need a Glock 17 and at least 3 extra mags.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's only in the real world. The internet commando will always need a Glock 17 and at least 3 extra mags.
well i dont need 3 mags I have one of the 33 round magazines!

― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

well i dont need 3 mags I have one of the 33 round magazines!

I'll just say,I hope you can keep the terrorist with the AK busy while I run.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 73 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.