Print Thread
Hop To
S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Low fence whitetail hunts on multiple ranches in South Texas. Ranches range in size from 4,000-15,000 acres. Packages start at $2,250 on our "classic hunt" for bucks up to 145. All hunts are fully guided and include meals/lodging. Whitetail hunts are 4 days 3 nights. Camps are very clean and comfortable - lodging ranges from 3 to 5 stars. Hunts also include unlimited predators, unlimited hogs, skinning/quartering.

Please see our website for more information- www.southtexashuntingoutfitters.com (361)-449-5957

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What county? powdr

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Refugio, Webb, Live Oak, Frio, are all of the counties where we hunt deer in South Tx. We also have ranches available for whitetail in the hill country also.

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[Linked Image]

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
TTT

IC B2

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Heading to the Arrowhead 7 this week to check things out. I will post pictures after my scouting trip.

www.southtexashuntingoutfitters.com

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[Linked Image]

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Here are a couple pictures I took yesterday evening while scouting.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
OK enlighten me. I can guess what a high fence ranch is but what is a low fence. Here a low fence(CA) is a 4 strand barbed wire between three and a half and 4 feet high. I know it probably is a dumb question but does low fence equate to free range?

N
ned Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
High fence ranches have tall fences which keep all game on the ranch land. Think zoo.

Low fence ranches are any type of regular height fence, cow/horse fence, and game can travel between ranches or wherever they want by jumping over the fence or getting thru a hole. Think natural nature.

High fence ranches get a bad rap since the animal are captive although the high fence ranch may be several hundred acres + in size. They generally control genetics to grow monster bucks and charge big bucks for big bucks. Also exotic animals can be kept and hunted.

For many it's a matter of ethics not to hunt high fence ranches

Last edited by ned; 09/17/16.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Ned. Reason I asked is my Daughter Sandi and I normally go up to Northern CA to hunt Deer with friends. She has taken a few Bucks up there. We were gong up in a couple of weeks but they just informed me she has an anerism (spelling?)in her head that must be operated on immediately. hence we miss this years trip. Hopefully everything will go right but I would like to take her on either a Mule Deer or Whitetail hunt in the future. Knowing her she would only hunt free range. I'm 79 so I want to do this before I travel to Happy Hunting grounds as they say. This ranch looks like something in my price range and it will be an experience that I know she would treasure. Thanks again.
Dan

S
STXHO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ned
High fence ranches have tall fences which keep all game on the ranch land. Think zoo.

Low fence ranches are any type of regular height fence, cow/horse fence, and game can travel between ranches or wherever they want by jumping over the fence or getting thru a hole. Think natural nature.

High fence ranches get a bad rap since the animal are captive although the high fence ranch may be several hundred acres + in size. They generally control genetics to grow monster bucks and charge big bucks for big bucks. Also exotic animals can be kept and hunted.

For many it's a matter of ethics not to hunt high fence ranches

Good answer bud. A high fence is only a management tool to grow bigger deer and protect what you are growing from the neighbors.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 257 mag, 23 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,483
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.