I have the exact same rifle, but a 1950 model. Even has the original Weaver K6-1 scope on a Redfield one piece base. My grandfather bought it new and had it on the tractor for shooting 'yotes (he raised sheep so his hatred for coyotes burned bright). I eventually inherited it. I have the original stock for it but put it into a Boyd's laminate to help protect the original stock from dings and scratches.

[Linked Image]

I did some load development for it years ago using H380 and Sierra 55 grain bullets. I ended up getting some really good groups with that rifle with the best being .3" 3-shot group at 100 yards. I figured that was probably good enough so I quit while I was ahead.

Grandpa used this Swift to take everything from 'yotes to moose (when he didn't want to carry his pre-64 M70 in 300 H&H) I even have a little adaptor for shooting .22 rimfire out of it if I wanted to. They changed the laws a number of years ago up here so you can't use a .22 cal for big game hunting. This one has been relegated to shooting 'yotes and punching paper.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke