Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i'm glad that there is at least a semi=degree of rational discussion being attempted.

we're way behind Europe, while some would say they're off the tract entirely.

at the very least, perhaps we can manage to scratch the surface. digging deeper can come later, as the seasons change.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People have back pain due to accidents and get put on Oxycontin. When they are taken off of it they are hooked. Heroin is a lot cheaper.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Antlers is right on. Very true....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every discomfort in life nowadays, no matter how minuscule it is (for millions and millions of Americans), requires a trip to the ER, and the administration of 'pain medication'. There's no disincentive for them not to go to the ER because it is absolutely free of charge (to them). And the emphasis by 'the powers that be' placed on addressing 'pain' in the ER nowadays, no matter how tiny the discomfort is, is simply ridiculous. Pain is the 5th vital sign nowadays, even for a mosquito bite or a splinter. And even those patients are asked "is your pain being addressed adequately" not only by the supervisors making the rounds, but also on the surveys that the patient receives. It's not Generation X, it's Generation Rx..

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by antlers
Every discomfort in life nowadays, no matter how minuscule it is (for millions and millions of Americans), requires a trip to the ER, and the administration of 'pain medication'. There's no disincentive for them not to go to the ER because it is absolutely free of charge (to them). And the emphasis by 'the powers that be' placed on addressing 'pain' in the ER nowadays, no matter how tiny the discomfort is, is simply ridiculous. Pain is the 5th vital sign nowadays, even for a mosquito bite or a splinter. And even those patients are asked "is your pain being addressed adequately" not only by the supervisors making the rounds, but also on the surveys that the patient receives. It's not Generation X, it's Generation Rx..

Winner winner chicken dinner. Just about verbatim from a documentary about heroin in Seattle. An ER physician broke it down how a patients outgoing pain level was the way service was rated. Pump the patient full of narcotics and send them away with a script. She spoke as if she felt like a drug dealer and nothing more.
It's easy to think anybody that does it deserve to die......until it's a brother....a sister or a friend.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't have to agree to getting a narcotic or fill the prescription.
Everybody wants to blame somebody else.

Last edited by NVhntr; 08/25/16.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have sympathy for addicts, but none for the people who sell them drugs and keep them hooked.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sad! Just give me a beer or shot of good bourbon. Maybe an Advil or 2.

I thought the really bad stuff was being laced with Fentanyl and that's what was causing these extreme spikes in death.

In fact,so called experts reports said the pills they found at the Prince scene were counterfeit and contained Fentanyl from the aftermarket. They were even mislabeled. That stuff is supposed to be 100 times the potency of a regular oxy pain pill. Well according to the experts. Point being these idiots don't know what they are taking. That's just nuts!!

I wouldn't know heroin if it jumped up and bit me in the azzzz. Thank God!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This thread hits kinda close to home for me and my family. About 5 years ago we lived in the city of York, Pa. My oldest daughter befriended a girl that was her age(both about 20) and brought her home. Well she kinda became like another daughter to us. Come to find out she was hooked on painkillers. Its amazing to find out how easy it is to get ahold of them on the streets. We got her off of everything and she was clean and sober for a couple years. She had 2 boys before we met her that her mother had custody of. After she seemed to get her life straightened out she was engaged to a guy who seemed to have his head on straight and they had a daughter. He had his own roofing business and was doing pretty well. Then he started dabbling in drugs and they both ended up hooked on heroin. She was found dead 3 days before Christmas this past year with a needle still stuck in her arm. Her mother went and picked up the baby...and when she got there the baby was malnutritioned and dehydrated and covered in sores and feces. Needless to say she now has custody of her and she is a beautiful healthy little girl. Btw the dad is rotting in prison where he belongs.
I just can't grasp why anyone would do that crap to themselves knowing the odds of what the outcome are. I guess we all have our vices...food not good for us, cigarettes, alcohol.etc....but drugs that have the end result of heroin and such...I just don't get it

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let me tell you from a personal perspective, I had some major surgery back in 08. If it wasn't for the pain killers after it I would not have made it through it. There is a real need for for that kind of medicine and it's not fair nor accurate to say the medical profession just gives it out without reason. However that's not to say depending on how an individual is wired that exposure to these opiuts (even though the trama warrants it) might get them going down the wrong road. There is no way for the doctors to know the potential outcome for treating a patient with a chronic pain issue. All this being said I will go on record to say that in terms of these young (under the age of 22) heroin addicts it is because of pure blind ignorance and stupidity they try it and have no idea what they really are doing. Trust me when I say this, pick out the nicest, well raised kid you know under the age of 14, and realize that before he turns 21 he may be dead or hooked and on a road to ruin do to heroin. And there won't be a damn thing you will be able to do about it but cry. I hope you never go through it.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gene270
yep it is a stupid thing to do and why they do it is beyond me but then we have people that drink alcohol, smoke, have un protected sex,
drive drunk , eat fatty foods, it goes on and on all of us have been stupid at one time or another ......kids dont always follow good advice know do they and there are a lot of GOOD parents that have GOOD kids that have experienced this tragedy

I hear what you're saying Gene and can understand, but it's the LEVEL of bad that gets us.

For example, my longevity will be greatly extended having a bacon burger and a fight with a redneck town drunk, vs mainlining tar heroin then walking up and spitting in Brock Lesnars face. shocked

The last scenario ain't gonna pan Buddy.

Trump Won!
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Heroin is cheap and it is becoming a problem of epidemic proportions...

The war on drugs has failed.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I have sympathy for addicts, but none for the people who sell them drugs and keep them hooked.

Nobody "keeps them hooked" but them damn selves.

This mindset is absolutely ridiculous.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by SakoAV
Build the damned wall!

Heroin addiction recovery rate is tiny.

You won't see many older heroin addicts. They're dead.

[Linked Image]

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scotty
People have back pain due to accidents and get put on Oxycontin. When they are taken off of it they are hooked. Heroin is a lot cheaper.

When I hurt my back I refused any pain meds stronger than aspirin. You can learn to ignore pain, I have done it for fifteen years next month. Doctors say it cannot be fixed and I will never get better.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by SakoAV
Build the damned wall!

Heroin addiction recovery rate is tiny.

You won't see many older heroin addicts. They're dead.

[Linked Image]

Yup! If you're gonna do it then you best know what you're doing and how to manage it. Guessing sako would not make it through one night.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 700LH

This gets rid of a boat load of other crime, including violent crime, as well.

Imagine what it would do to crime south of the border if an addict could just get an Rx from a doc for cheap drugs of a known dosage.

All we have to do is admit that what we have been doing is a flop.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
And, the new synthetic stuff on the streets is so much more powerful that every encounter is a game of dosage roulette. Many will die.

I saw a blurb on the news today that said they're now cutting it with Elephant tranquilizer for an extra kick which naturally increases the chance of an over dose ten fold.....

Crazy times we're living in for sure....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting business plan. Kill off your customers.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
305 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 30Gibbs, 43 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.