Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
How many of you all hunt for free, I have a lease In east Texas that's 800.00 and a lease in west Texas that's 2000.00, Dove hunting is 50.00 a day. Do any of you get to hunt for free? There is very little free hunting in Texas unless you hunt on family or friend land. Is there free hunting in other states?

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on man what are you trolling for this early Friday morning.

You want all the western guys out saying how they have all this welfare hunting out west?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I can walk out my back door and have at least 3 sq. miles of free hunting. In this little patch, there are deer, bear, moose, partridge, snowshoe hare, geese, ducks, fox, coyote and now turkey. I can walk out my side door, go 300 yards, and fish for native wild brook trout up to 4 pounds.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is about 4 million acres of public hunting opportunity in Pa.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85
Right there with you Pat. I can walk out the door of our camp and shoot a deer between the cabin and the outhouse. Deer cross that close to us. Virtually the entire mountain we're on (Boone Mountain in Clearfield County) is State Forest Land. Even in the area of northeast Ohio that I'm from we had no trouble finding spots to hunt that we didn't have to lease.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hunting in Texas is sort of a rich mans game, and getting worse.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I guess I will take the bait.

Yes, there is "free" hunting in most all other states, but you have to share.

The general seasons are getting stupid crowdd though for deer and elk hunting. Every bend and wide spot in the road had 35+ foot campers parked.

Hiking and willingness to be in bad weather does allow one to find solitude though. Eastman and monstermulies, etc. has really ruined some areas though...like the Wyoming range. There's folks everywhere during the Sep 15 rifle deer hunts...even way in the back country.

Other hunts and seasons such as pheasant/chucker and winter time coyote hunting finds me alone for days on end, even on public land.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by Pat85
Right there with you Pat. I can walk out the door of our camp and shoot a deer between the cabin and the outhouse. Deer cross that close to us. Virtually the entire mountain we're on (Boone Mountain in Clearfield County) is State Forest Land. Even in the area of northeast Ohio that I'm from we had no trouble finding spots to hunt that we didn't have to lease.

If a hunter can learn preferred food sources and basic good deer habitat they can be very successful hunting public land in Pa.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That's the reason I don't hunt Texas very much. For $2000, I can hunt moose in Alaska, hunt some monster mule deer in Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, or Colorado when I can get a draw. I've got a little advantage in this because during my working career, I was either a resident of these western states or my job caused me to work in remote places in them.

The exorbitant lease fees in TX, l think are a result of Maw Richard's head of the TP&W. I can't remember her name, but she was not pro-hunting, and promoted land owners charging high fees. Kind of like raising the price on cigarettes to reduce smoking. Course that did stop a lot of people from hunting, fewer kids getting to hunt and now kids that don't have any hunting traditions in thier families. Her plan is working. I guarantee I will never pay $10000 for one of those farm raised whitetails in South Tx.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have a hunt club thats 2500acres in va. that cost me 300.00 per year ,650acres that i hunt free and another small 20 acre track next to my house that i hunt free.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I hunt public land and also have a 600 acre lease.

The lease offers us legal benefits that do not come with public hunting. I see benefits in both systems

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
J
If you pay a lease you are just promoting pay-for-hunting. Stop it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Gitem 12

The lease offers us legal benefits that do not come with public hunting. I see benefits in both systems

"legal benefits"? I hunt public land in Pa and I'm not sure what you mean?

Last edited by coat4gun; 08/25/16.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
both

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
After years of over crowded public hunting I, joined a few leases over 30+ years but that did not suit me either. So I bought 35 acres on a mountain stream here in SW Arkansas. Best investment I ever made.
My only problem now is the deer and critters eat as well as I do out of my gardens and orchard.

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
There is an awful lot of public hunting land in Florida. A lot. State run WMAs, several National Forests, and State Forests.
There are also a lot of hunters, and on public lands, it is always a crowded, dangerous mess.
I have spent much of my life hunting public land. I have been pretty successful as well. It is always a hassle, with quotas on the number of hunters allowed, times and dates, reporting issues.
This year, I will be hunting on land my son bought. Not a lot of acres, but there won't be anyone else there. There are several other farms in the area I can, and do hunt.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hunt public land in my adopted home state for “free” using less expensive resident licenses, but the money I have left on the table for the privilege of living here is multiples of what it would cost to pay for leases in Texas. Also, as T_Inman indicated, it is stupid crowded during the short gun seasons for big game. (I bowhunt to avoid crowds and to hunt the elk rut). I am satisfied with the tradeoffs that I have made. Life is about choices.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by coat4gun

Can you till up public land, or build permanent stands on public land?
Can you clear trails and manage habitat on public land?

We also flood some of the crop land and timber...all per the lease agreement because the landowner understands that habitat improvement makes his land more valuable.

Are you allowed to do any of that on public ground in pa?

I can on my lease per the written lease agreement. We also have it in the lease that once the crops are off the farmer who works the ground cannot be on the property until it's time to work the ground again

Last edited by gitem_12; 08/25/16.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My part of Arkansas is mostly pay unless you own land as I do. There is free hunting through the G&F, but you have to draw for it except for bow hunting. There is also National Forrest in the West part of the state that is free, but I have never hunted there. I remember when it was all free, then the timber companies started leasing, and it snowballed. We also have a lot more hunters than there were then. When I was young, you seldom saw a posted sign, and could hunt almost anywhere you wanted. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by coat4gun

Can you till up public land, or build permanent stands on public land?
Can you clear trails and manage habitat on public land?

We also flood some of the crop land and timber...all per the lease agreement because the landowner understands that habitat improvement makes his land more valuable.

Are you allowed to do any of that on public ground in pa?

I can on my lease per the written lease agreement. We also have it in the lease that once the crops are off the farmer who works the ground cannot be on the property until it's time to work the ground again

Ok, I see what you mean. There are definitely advantages to leasing. I just didn't know what you meant by "legal benefits"

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I didnt know how it is in other states. When I used to go Elk hunting, that was private land with a guide. It was not free. I used to go to a couple of the state places to quail hunt. That was crowded, with lots of rude-crude A-holes. I found a guy that had lots of birds. He didnt let his places get shot out. A private lease is OK, depending on the guys . We have 3 new guys this year. They are young. Most if us are late fifty to middle 60's. I hunt in the north corner of the lease,so I have no traffic around me. Most lease BS revolves around those in the middle. It helps to have good land owner and good lease manager. Hunting on a lease with a bunch of meat hunters is not good without 8 point or better requirements. No guests is an important rule too. The meat hunters will kill everything out if you have no rules.

Last edited by hanco; 08/25/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho has over 50,000 square miles of public land and almost all is open for free hunting. Except for pheasants, there's no reason anyone should have to pay to hunt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Some of both, I own 640 acres for deer, dove and pheasant hunting.
I lease a small place in another state for deer and turkey

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty much a leasing game in Florida. Never had any much interest in joining a big hunt club. I lease approx 2000 acres of ranchland just south of Lake O. Not the greatest habitat but adjoins good habitat so we benefit from that. It is a small game, hog and turkey lease only. No Deer. We built a decent camp in an oak hammock and we use the lease about every weekend from Dec-April. Cost is $6000 and I share the lease with only one other guy so 3k a piece. We have zero drama as he and I have worked together and been friends for 30 years.
I hunt deer in Ohio on National Forest land. Its big timber and hilly. I enjoy that and there is virtually no other hunters other than my group of five on thousands of acres. Honestly i sometimes wish there were more hunters to keep the deer up and moving. The guys from Ohio are anti lease as they see that ruining their traditional hunting opportunities. I been leasing land down here for 30 years in some fashion or another so it just seems like the way it is.
I always thought it would be great to live out west were they have many public opportunities and can drive to other states easily for more. I would rather buy tags and gas than pay lease fees. Southwest Florida is a long way from anywhere.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have done both. Currently I hunt family land and have access to some swampy land that has good hunting.

As Miles stated, the only reason we had to start leasing in north La., was because the timber companies started it. We had been hunting on the timber co. land all my life and one year they came to us with the option to lease. They knew we had been hunting the land and never abused or trashed the place, so we had first option... lease or leave. We saw the handwriting on the wall and leased. Other folks in the area laughed at us, but 2 years later were begging to join our club, because everyone started leasing.

There are Wildlife Management Areas (free state lands) in the state, but they are crowded with city folks, so I avoid them like the plague.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
There is enough public land in TX that you can work...

I've killed a lot of deer on public land, and I"ve missed chances at some 150 plus inch bucks in East TX public lands.

ALmost all waterfowl I do is on public and we do very well at that.

We also lease a place.

But TX doesn't have tons of public, but more than enough if a person wants to get out, have fun, and bring some meat home.

Almost all we hunt in AK is public, except some smaller private stuff we have permission to hunt on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We're not afforded the luxury of much public land in my locale. There isn't any in the county where I reside. There is some in surrounding counties, but crowded doesn't begin to describe the current situation.

I own the land where I live. I hunt there. It wasn't free. I'm also in on a couple of leases. They weren't free either.

If you're going to deer and/or turkey hunt in our region, you'll most likely have to pay in one way or another. Small game and predators are a different story. Lot's of farmers allow access for nothing.

Everybody has a different situation.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
I didnt know how it is in other states. When I used to go Elk hunting, that was private land with a guide. It was not free. I used to go to a couple of the state places to quail hunt. That was crowded, with lots of rude-crude A-holes. I found a guy that had lots of birds. He didnt let his places get shot out. A private lease is OK, depending on the guys . We have 3 new guys this year. They are young. Most if us are late fifty to middle 60's. I hunt in the north corner of the lease,so I have no traffic around me. Most lease BS revolves around those in the middle. It helps to have good land owner and good lease manager. Hunting on a lease with a bunch of meat hunters is not good without 8 point or better requirements. No guests is an important rule too. The meat hunters will kill everything out if you have no rules.

The rules need to fit the people leasing. There is nothing wrong with meat hunting. OTOH when I meat hunt I"m not going to shoot promising bucks. But I've alwasy been that way, meat or not just leave the promising ones to breed for the future.

We have a similar lease, but we are now down to basically 1 meat hunter amongst 1500 acres so its likely to get much better, rather than 3-4. Of course I killed the biggest buck I"ll ever seen last fall in the area we hunt, right at 160 inches gross, so I'll be a plus to the lease for sure since I'll only be killing does and culls the rest of my life.

I don't like paying the going rates, but it is what it is. Its going to be expensive when we hit semi retired in a few years though... my wife is on the lease since its stupid you can have no guests. She pays a full spot and shoots nothing, just because she likes to go out with me and the dog and watch and take pictures instead of being chained to sitting in camp.

Re no guests thats a liability thing but the dumbest thing I"ve ever seen come down the pike. You get X tags, who should care who shoots those tags? I mean follow all the rules and all of the state, but what difference if I shoot my 4 tags or if my kids or grandkids do?

I would never hunt a lease with an 8 point or better rule either, it allows no management of the herd. In fact IMHO the herd will get worse and worse with that rule. But you do have to manage correctly, IE not shooting the promising bucks.. but taking out all the trash before they are 2.5 to 3.5 years old and getting a good chance at breeding.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho has over 50,000 square miles of public land and almost all is open for free hunting. Except for pheasants, there's no reason anyone should have to pay to hunt.

This^ The day I have to pay to hunt is the day I hang it up. I have no problem helping a land owner fix a fence, pick up trash or assist in any way I can, but to pay for it is another thing all together.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I lived in Ms., I traded work for deer hunting on a fellows place. He owned around 600 acres and leased some more. I kept up some electrical equipment for him and hunted for free.

The day I have to pay to hunt is the day I hang it up.

Not trying to start anything, but you dont like to hunt as much as I do. I didnt like leasing, but I'd rather lease, than not hunt. Leases are getting so expensive, I could'nt pay $2000/yr to hunt. I think the most I ever paid was $500 and only for 1 year. I got out of that club and haven't been in one since.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll take restricted access, well managed, private lease arrangements any day over the overcrowded, overhunted public land draw hunts I've done.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In Mississippi, the timber companies started leasing in the mid-70s. 10 years later most all private land was leased. I had a few places I liked to hunt on State public land but mostly I was in a camp.
I bought 110 acres in a swamp around 1999 so my kids and wife could hunt easier. they could a lot of deer, had some awesome memories. But, the neighbors baited deer by the thousands of pounds a week (when it wasn't legal) and eventually we weren't seeing as many deer, and people were trespassing as we lived 70 miles away and the land constantly flooded. One neighbor kept asking to buy my property after my kids were in college and I gave him a ridiculously high price and, unfortunately, lol, he took it,
I hunted publicly land only the next year and killed a nice buck with my bow, got in a camp last year that was too crowded-- more than public land.

This year, my neighbor asked me to step in with him and his dad to lease a smaller piece of land that looks real promising. I will see. I do plan to still hunt some public land too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Not much leasing in my neck of the woods. I have several hundred acres of county owned public land out my back door. We own some hunting land/camp an hours drive away. Just 20 minutes north of me is the Adirondack Park with over 2.6 million acres of State land to hunt and fish.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just love the "never pay" crowd. Then again if I lived where they to I would think differently. Then again I do like to pay to hunt....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I hunt free on my and families land in two states, don't do the lease deal. I consider them a rigged ripoff game many times held by greedy landowners with ever increasing fees/rates!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been on a couple of leases. Not high dollar ones, but they had decent hunting.

hunted public land a lot. Especially for predators.

The thing about public land is that usually, you have to deal with idiots, road hunters, poachers, and more idiots.

The next level is owning land you hunt on. smile

Having a vested interest in the land, the game management, and who comes or goes has it's own rewards.

Last week:

[Linked Image]

Mr. Browtines

[Linked Image]

Got hogs.

[Linked Image]

I don't hunt many deer nowadays. When I do, he's either a monster, or a cull. wink

As long as you are happy with how you hunt and where you hunt, I'm all for it.

I just like it better when I get to make the rules.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Not much leasing in my neck of the woods. I have several hundred acres of county owned public land out my back door. We own some hunting land/camp an hours drive away. Just 20 minutes north of me is the Adirondack Park with over 2.6 million acres of State land to hunt and fish.

You are not allowed to hunt on parish/county public land in Caddo parish La. The parish owns quite a bit of land that would be good to hunt, but it's off limits. The land is owned by the Caddo Parish Levee Board and it receives tax money, from the public, but no one is allowed on its land. Doesn't seem right to me.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Iowa has a lot of public land open to hunting. We have 99 counties and just going through the "C"s' total 117,000 acres. We have four reservoir systems distributed around the state that have tens of thousands of acres each, and two major rivers on each side of the state, the Mississippi and Missouri, that have lots of state land adjoining it, which is open to hunting more then not. I've hunted on some of it and it's good habitat and usually not over hunted, particularly in the northern, southern and west parts of the state. Some tracts are remote and likely see no hunting for years. Even on public land close to Des Moines, I've hunted for the day and never saw another person, particularly in bow season.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'll take restricted access, well managed, private lease arrangements any day over the overcrowded, overhunted public land draw hunts I've done.

+1

So many, who for generations hunted timber company land here locally, were really pizzed when the companies discovered hunting lease revenue. Some of those birthright "nesters" became violent, burned vehicles, camps, etc.

Those who pay the taxes, own the land should have some say, should be able to receive benefits from that ownership. Free stuff only exists in Dem. political speak...

As populations grow, demand for hunting space can't keep up without game management, hunting property management, etc. And, that costs money.

Out in the great open spaces, maybe not as critical. In more populated areas, that's just a reality and the way it's gotta be.

DF

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

This^ The day I have to pay to hunt is the day I hang it up. I have no problem helping a land owner fix a fence, pick up trash or assist in any way I can, but to pay for it is another thing all together.

Landowners have costs... costs rise each year. Landowners these days have liability, that they can't control due to suit happy people.

I don't fault anyone for charging. How mcuh they charge can be beyond nuts though.

But as a landowner, and until you are, its hard to realize what it costs just to own and protect the land...

Granted I"m going to have to pay the taxes and insurance among other things regardless, but to ask for a bit of help in return for your use of my property, ain't wrong IMHO.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've hunted public land all my life. If I've had private land to hunt on, it was surrounded by public, where most of the folks hunted anyway.

I've hunted in MN and WI, almost all on public land. I've shot plenty of deer and even some damn fine ones. But I also know not to look a gift horse in the mouth and sometimes will take nearly any legal animal depending on the situation.

Having trail cam's helps being pickier when I know what's around.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd love to lease some private access to waterfront so I could hunt waterfowl. Public waterfowl access is kind of a zoo here.

Many times have had the opportunity for $100/per gun/per day for upland/pheasants but never bought in. Just never knew what I'd be getting.

Have taken the opportunity to hunt elk on ranches and it just did not feel like fair chase to me. I have the ability to be successful on national forest and it just feels more sporting.

As mentioned, everyone's situation is different.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We one trophy buck and a cull buck plus two does. You can take family, but still each guy gets only the 4 deer. Turkeys out the ass. Pigs out the ass too. The East Texas lease is paper land. We get the same limits, except that county has antler restrictions, bucks have to be outside the ears. That rule has improved hunting in East Texas. Tons of pigs there also. I have more fun trapping pigs than deer hunting. I built a 30 round trap at the East Tex lease. It's 5 feet tall. Built a trap gate to take up there this week. I've never trapped pigs there before. East Tex pigs are way bigger than hill country pigs. Guys have killed 400lb piggies. I have a 300 lb feeder hanging over the pen. Cant wait to get gate in place. There shouldn't be too many pigs get over a 5 foot fence. The Hill country feeder pens are only 34", so we get some that jump out.

Last edited by hanco; 08/26/16.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well, I can hunt deer,bear,turkeys,fish,grouse on my property but it aint free.I have upkeep and property taxes to pay.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
No my house and the property are paid for, but f--king taxes are 500.00 a month.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
Well, I can hunt deer,bear,turkeys,fish,grouse on my property but it aint free.I have upkeep and property taxes to pay.

Same here except for the bears, fish and grouse. We have deer, turkeys, squirrels, coons, ducks, a 100 yd range, a 400 yd range, hard work and taxes on our property. It's not free, but I wouldn't swap it for anything that I have seen that was free either.

I have leased property in the past. Some was good, some not so good. Most leases were lost because partners in the club bailed out after they realized that they either didn't like the drive or work necessary to keep it up. The next lease I get into will be one that I get myself, so that I'm not at the mercy of others that could bail out at any time.

Harry
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
No my house and the property are paid for, but f--king taxes are 500.00 a month.

I've heard that about TX. No income tax, but they whack you pretty hard on property tax.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Grew up in Va, Tenn, and WVa in an era when folks could roam the farmlands and forest with no issues. Not that way anymore. In the 60's I came to the NW in the military and the lights went on.

In Oregon here which is about 55% public land and live in a county that has about 7,000 square miles of public desert and forest. I was out a week back hunting pronghorn in a unit that was 95% public land. Those aspects are what brought me to the NW. Request for permission would probably get me access to about 1/2 of the remaining 3,000 square miles of the landscape in the county. The capacities to hunt/fish/camp pretty much wherever are truly a treasure.

Were I in your boots, I'd probably spend the bucks to travel and hunt out of state. I still go out state for some better quality experiences, but those outings as well have all been on public lands (AK, ID, Wy, Nv, and Az). With low densities of game in the more arid areas, one has to do some scouting to find the jewels, but limited draws pretty well hold hunter densities to very conservative levels

Last edited by 1minute; 08/26/16.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hunt private ranches free.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Montana you have to pay everywhere. Go elsewhere

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
first of all where is all the public hunting land in texas? I grew up there and knew of NONE unless it was around the many lakes in the area mainly used for picnicking and lake activities.

The public lands isssue is the main reason I would never move back to texas. you wanna ride your atv, know someone pay someone or own the land. you want to shoot your guns,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to hunt know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to fire off your cannon,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to go 4 wheeling, know someone pay someone or own the land.

I can throw my guns in the truck and head out to the desert or the mountains and shoot anywhere I want to. can't do that in Texas.

the biggest threat we have around here is this push the state is doing to take control of all the federal lands. This happened in the east and south and guess what there is no public lands there anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Free hunting". Well the vast majority of Alaska is public land, there is some native land that requires a minor trespass fee. But the part that is far from free is the cost of traveling to the parts of the state that hold game. And there's the rub, most of the state does not hold much game, so you'll have to plan a week long expedition and spend thou$ands accessing the "free" hunting.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like the free idea. The lease I hunt in East Texas has been managed by the same company for 80 years. It is paper company land. I'm a newbie, I've been on there 21 yrs. The are guys that have been on there for 40, 50, and one man for 62 years. There has been some nice bucks killed there. It started out at 50.00 a year. It's slowly gone up. I'll give up the 2000.00 lease when I retire. The East Tex lease is 1 1/2 hours away. Beats 41/2 hrs!! It is time to take tractor up there to mow. Plant oats in October. Both places have their good and bad points. The East Tex lease is 10,000 acres. I have never seen all of it. Dont really know how many guns are on it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How many of you all hunt for free, I have a lease In east Texas that's 800.00 and a lease in west Texas that's 2000.00, Dove hunting is 50.00 a day. Do any of you get to hunt for free? There is very little free hunting in Texas unless you hunt on family or friend land. Is there free hunting in other states?

"Free" as in "Freedom" -- Never have I paid to hunt.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My daughter and I killed a big mule deer last year on public land. We hunted 3 days and I only spoke with one other hunter and the reason for that was because of a big bull moose hanging around. I've taken all 3 species of deer the state has and it was all done on public land. Deer, Elk, Moose, Sheep, Goat, Bears, Cougar, upland birds, grouse and waterfowl is hunted on public property with great success. Most places I hunt are places that I don't see other people. Get off the road and a guy has an endless playground.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
first of all where is all the public hunting land in texas? I grew up there and knew of NONE unless it was around the many lakes in the area mainly used for picnicking and lake activities.

The public lands isssue is the main reason I would never move back to texas. you wanna ride your atv, know someone pay someone or own the land. you want to shoot your guns,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to hunt know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to fire off your cannon,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to go 4 wheeling, know someone pay someone or own the land.

I can throw my guns in the truck and head out to the desert or the mountains and shoot anywhere I want to. can't do that in Texas.

the biggest threat we have around here is this push the state is doing to take control of all the federal lands. This happened in the east and south and guess what there is no public lands there anymore.
The biggest cogs pushing the transfer of federal lands to the states are in Utah; Bishop and Chaffetz specifically. Kinda ironic from my view considering the economics of public land to the state of Utah...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think back in the late 60's I paid about $20 to hunt one year on a private ranch and a couple years I paid the same amount to hunt on the Jicarilla Apache reservation. Then I did one guided hunt in Alberta, but it was on public land.

Other than that, I have always hunted public land from 1955 until now. I don't see the crowds because I hunt wilderness areas or at least hard to get to areas.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I guess that I hunt for 'free', mortgage, property taxes and upkeep excluded.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My brother and I are on a 1500 acre lease on lake falcon. We can also fish and hunt ducks. This is our first season on it. There are 3 other hunters. It's 1500 a piece for them. But my brother must be part Jew he got the both of us on for the price of one. They usually kill a couple bucks in the 150-160 range there each season. I'm forunate enough to also have a buddy who lets me hunt his place no charge, his ranch has been in their family since 1852.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have been fortunate to hunt public, private, paper company,large ranches that I paid to hunt and large private holdings that I did not have to pay anything.

I guess I have covered it all at one point or another. I have been very fortunate to have been invited by gracious landowners to hunt their properties in different states and provinces, either on my own or part of an outfitted operation.

In Canada I have hunted Crown Land and loved it. My biggest Colorado mule deer was killed on public land,but access was over private.

Here in New England I have access to literally millions of acres of big woods country, in northern Maine and NH,where admission is the price of a license. I love having easy access to country with big whitetails.

I would say I have done more hunting unguided public access land than any other situation.

Last edited by BobinNH; 08/26/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

That's where a lot of it is, but there's over 600,000 acres of it.
As much as western states? Obviously not. But the four NFs hold some big deer.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Fort Campbell KY is just 20miles up the highway. $50 will give you access to 100,000 acres but you have to phone in a requested area 2 days prior. But good luck...that BS about "wahhhhhhhhhh, kids dont hunt anymore, wahhh we hunters are our own worst enemies" complete BS, there are so many GD people competing for slots that it's like calling a friggin radio station to win cash. Then if you get a good area, you have deal with "Mr Walk Around All Day Elmer Fudd" who hunts deer like a 3 legged beagle would hunt rabbits.

Fugg paying for a lease, have the greasy slugs hunting over your trophy rock or in your stands on days youre not able to be on the lease.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter

"Ahem"... pardon me fer asking.....

Do they know? grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 280shooter

"Ahem"... pardon me fer asking.....

Do they know? grin

When I was teenager, they called that "hunting in the Long Pasture"... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I like the lease aspect of Texas -- you KNOW the people allowed to be on the property. Zero patience with someone tagging my deer, making brush shoots, taking your stand/cameras/etc. or sitting in "your" blind. All the freedom goes out the window for me when I get shot by a city slicker I have no clue is around (since getting in place before the sun comes up.)

For those familiar with the West and what to do about other potential hunters being around, I can't imagine being okay with paying a dime.

2 cents

Last edited by agazain; 08/26/16.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have done both. I started out hunting on land my dad owned. He sold it and we were in a lease. The people that owned the lease died after 17 years and I have hunted on either public land or friends land since. I have never been short of deer to eat either way. or squirrels.
My best fiend who I hunt on now doesn't charge me anything but it isn't free. I do work that friends do when they get a gift. I'm fortunate that we have places that are public to hunt in Arkansas. Or I could drive 25 to 50 miles north and hunt in Missouri and there is loads of public land that has game.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hunt all three. Cousin has a hundred or so acre piece that he farms out and has more than a few Deer and a couple better than average have been showing up this year. Have my own small piece of 56acres that I rarely hunt, but leave it open. Hunted a 1200acre piece that was open ground for around 30years. Then it became leased and I signed on. Last year it was sold to an out of state fellow for $1.2million and that was it. I really miss it, but you move on. Also, hunt Pa's large amount of public land out of a couple friends camps or even North Country motels after the first couple days. Last year fooled around with a hog Buck on State GL's for a week, but couldn't get it done. He was still around the next to last day of the season; shortly will try and see if he is still there.

Will hunt the first couple days with my Cousin then switch it around between his place and public.

Last edited by battue; 08/26/16.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thankfully I have always lived in free enough America that I have never paid to hunt anything outside of license and tags.
Folks that have private land here either let you hunt, or they don't, I have never been ask to pay.

Shot plenty of birds and game on private and public land.

They day I have to pay to shoot a deer, will be the last day I hunt them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Way too many people miss the point of a lease

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Hunt all three.

Yep, same here.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My father paid $ 40 in 1954 for and acre of land to build a camp on. This included hunting and wood cutting rights on remaining 100+ acres. Nearby is 1000's of acres of hunting in both NY and VT. No guest in my camp has ever paid one cent to hunt these 1000's of acres. And never will. Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pheasant and grouse I hunt 99% on private. Find a few empty shotgun shells from sneaky Pete but for the most part it is a private utopia of birds.

Mule deer 100% on public or private that is open to all (legal)public. Have shot a few decent bucks on (private....)private and yes, it really is easier and better hunting....

Whitetail is pretty much the same deal.

It takes a fair bit of luck to find a nice buck on 'public' land around here but it can be done.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Hunt all three.

Yep, same here.

And none of it is free. Some just costs less. grin Add up gas, food, motels, taxes, clothes and all the rest and there are few that don't pay to hunt Deer. A lease is just another bag on the Queen Mary.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Find a few empty shotgun shells from sneaky Pete....

I used to know Pete, when I was young and could run fast enough to keep up with him...

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Hunt all three.

Yep, same here.

And none of it is free. Some just costs less. grin Add up gas, food, motels, taxes, clothes and all the rest and there are few that don't pay to hunt Deer. A lease is just another bag on the Queen Mary.

+1!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Find a few empty shotgun shells from sneaky Pete....

I used to know Pete, when I was young and could run fast enough to keep up with him...

He must have moved out West from here. He was fairly quick then also....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pretty sure I still shoot a few birds with him every Fall.

He's got the 'swing your leg over barbwire fence crossing' down pat.....grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pete used to always want to hunt posted land "Cause hunting there's the best" he'd say. I'd ask: "What if they call the game warden?"

Pete would reply: "He'll have to run to catch me, and no game warden in the county can keep up. Plus, he'll catch you first,"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've never paid to hunt anything and won't. Just way too much State land in my immediate area here {287,000 acres of it in the Catskill park} to even think of it, plus I have permission to hunt several parcels of private.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had one Pete try to throw me off my own little piece up in the country. I saw him walk on and just for fun asked him if he had permission. He replied, yes in that he knew the person who owned it and he knew all that had permission and perhaps I should leave. I had more fun with him for a bit and finally said, well I own it and if you want proof we can call the police and settle it. He got a little sheepish and said, OK, I'll leave. I said no you don't have to, enjoy your hunt and told him where I would be hanging out.

He may have even asked me if I had permission. It has been a long time ago, but it still was a good laugh.

Last edited by battue; 08/26/16.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We never really run anyone off so long as they aren't tearing around on a [bleep] 4 wheeler.

Years ago a minnow trapper(who didn't have permission) tried giving me the third degree.

Asked me WTF I was doing when I met him on the trail(both in pickups).

Just checking the cows, WTF are you doing?

Oh ahh, yeah ahh, just up getting a couple minnows, ahh ohh...

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/26/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Most all my land is open to hunt.

Its free, but not really free all at the same time.

It is under Montana State block Management.

We get paid by the State to let people hunt. You cant charge a fee to hunt Block Management land.

Comes out of folk's taxes, or maybe licence fees, I am not sure.

Much better than it used to be. Whole place was posted.

We got sick of poaching, cut fences, and beer cans.

None of that now that we are Block Management.

Come on out!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of my favorite mule deer country was in BM.

And then MTFWP pizzed off a BUNCH of local ranchers with their buff spreading plan....
And I do not blame them for getting pissed either, MTFWP can go Fuuck themselves over that horsechit)

Back to hunting with sneaky Pete.....grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/26/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I live right in the middle of the buffalo BS. Not real popular, for sure.

We did accidentally burn up a couple of buffalo north of Wolf Point a few years ago.

They were the super duper Yellowstone transplants.

The reservation to the east of me killed a bunch of their super duper yellowstones by forgetting to check water last summer.

I do really like the Block Management program.

Seems like folks who cut fences and toss beer cans dont bother coming out, now that they have to sign in. Plus, the wardens and techs patrol once in a while.

We enjoy the hunters now, as they seem much more respectful.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The sneaky Pete I know has slowed down more than a little....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't tell the Buffalo Field Campaign but.... you can now pay the tribe $500 to shoot one of the 'saved' park buff....grin

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Laffin hard! One of us on here has some kick azz stories about being sneaky Pete. From what I can gather he is darn good at it too! whistle

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It depends on where you are.
As a teenager in NC (mid 70's) I hunted local farms where we had permission to hunt and on family property/National Forest land in SC.
When I lived in north Florida in the mid 80's we hunted in the Apalachicola Natl. Forest and I belonged to two different leases one in south-west Georgia and another in Alabama.
Some of the folks I worked offshore with during the eighties invited me to hunt with them when we were off the rig so I had a exposure to Texas and MS leases.
In the late 90's I lived in Michigan's beautiful UP and almost of the hunting was done on public land or paper company property that allowed access. I would go back to the UP for deer season even after moving away.
This year it will be back to SC to hunt on family property and an adjacent lease.
You have to find what works for you.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I own homes in the Texas Hill Country (where I can hunt) and north Idaho (where I can hunt). I cannot sit in a stand and shoot a critter over a feeder unless it is a hog. Nothing against those that can but I can't. I own property in north Idaho that extends to millions of acres just minutes from my house. Now retired I am working to understand my Idaho opportunities. I will never have a lease and some critters I want to hunt must be guided, brown bear, cape buffalo and sable being on the near horizon. I have monster Axis in the yard that I refuse to shoot... Folks just make a simple decision and I have zero issues with any made inside the law.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If I lived within a reasonable distance of Ames I would jump on that lease in a hearbeat.

I would not pay for access to a few hundred acres because I have access to family land. It is frustrating to listen to non-stop shooting on the opener of muzzleloader knowing that young bucks are dropping like flies on surrounding properties.

My long term plan is just to get more property of my own. I am also looking into more quota hunts which I have never done before. Don't really care to pay for guided hunts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never been part of a lease, and unfortunately don't own huntable land. My camp in Pa. butts right up against an entire mountain of State Forest Land. We used to pretty much see the same guys every year from the surrounding camps. We stayed out of their way, and they stayed out of ours. Seems to be different now. Last time I hunted out there, I had a guy I didn't recognize walk right up to me and start chatting like we were long lost friends. I gave him my best leave me the fck alone look, and he finally moved on. It would sure be nice not to have to deal with such intrusions.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an 80 acre lease in North Missouri 17 miles south of Iowa that I only use one week out of the year. It's nearly 380 miles door to door from my home in southern Missouri to the small cabin I stay in that the lease holder owns but let's me use for no additional cost....Missouri rifle deer season

My wife hunts 600 acres of private property and sits in a permanent heated box blind during the Missouri primitive weapons season with permission from the landowner for free.....girls

I hunt Colorado public with a group of friends from Colorado for deer and elk when I am lucky enough to draw a license....some years I don't draw

When I can draw a tag or if landowner vouchers are available I hunt private property for Pronghorn in Colorado on a good friends family property....probono

This November my wife will Hunt on a farm in Oklahoma during the rifle season...several hundred acres of private property..... this hunt opportunity was provided by the generosity of another good friend.

Great friends.....priceless

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
There is more free hunting than I thought.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
18 + million acres of forest land in New York State. 3-4 million acres are public land.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In Ontario there are millions of acres of Crown (public) land. Little of it, however, is in the densely populated south-east, central part of the province. Our group hunts on Crown land in northern Ontario but we have to pay an outfitter to fly in and for use of his cabin and equipment (boats, motors, etc.) We are still subject to the luck of the draw for tags. In addition we have to drive 725+/- miles to reach the area. For this hunt it runs us close to $2,000 a year. Not every one can afford to do this but years ago after some scary encounters with others who hunted the same areas we decided paying for access gave us peace of mind we otherwise didn't have.

For deer hunting we have free use of 50 acres granted by a neighbour of my s-i-l. (Free except for the gifts of various kinds that have been made. Not requested but freely given.)

Most of our acquaintances who deer hunt have purchased small, more or less abandoned farms. In some Crown land areas parties who have hunted there for years think they have acquired rights to the areas.

For the most part nothing is free. Usually we have to pay in one way or another.

Jim

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nothing is free. Costs money to get ready to go on a free hunt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nothing is free. Costs money to get ready to go on a free hunt.
Not much when you live where you can walk out your door and hunt. I've filled all my tags within a half mile of my house for the past few years. A couple within 150 yards of the back door.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I can hunt out my back door also, but prefer to have lease. I'm at edge of city limits. Neighbors call the law if they hear shooting.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds like you picked a poor place to live. It's no accident I live where I do. A couple of the criteria I had when I bought this place were....

1. Must be far enough from neighbors so as to be able to shoot in the yard or out the living room window as I choose.

2. Must be in a location with plenty of public hunting land and good fishing in close proximity.

The place I ended up buying met both of those criteria plus is next door to long time family friends with 126 acres which I have permission to hunt on freely. It's also right across the road from 200 acres owned by a non hunting absentee landowner that I have permission to hunt as much and as often as I want.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
My folks picked it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I pay for all my hunting/trespass rights.

The federal and state owned stuff is the most expensive.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Sounds like you picked a poor place to live. It's no accident I live where I do. A couple of the criteria I had when I bought this place were....

1. Must be far enough from neighbors so as to be able to shoot in the yard or out the living room window as I choose.

2. Must be in a location with plenty of public hunting land and good fishing in close proximity.

The place I ended up buying met both of those criteria plus is next door to long time family friends with 126 acres which I have permission to hunt on freely. It's also right across the road from 200 acres owned by a non hunting absentee landowner that I have permission to hunt as much and as often as I want.

I don't like leasing land. If they would sell me the 10,000 acres, house and utilities for $1400 per year, I'd buy it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've never paid to hunt anything and won't. Just way too much State land in my immediate area here {287,000 acres of it in the Catskill park} to even think of it, plus I have permission to hunt several parcels of private.

I bet your friend's refrigerators are always full of beer and they always have an extra smoke for you too.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I hunt on public and family property in NYS and on friends property in VT some years. These hunts are free or at least don't have direct land costs.

I also try to go one or two other places every year to hunt and these I usually pay for these days. This year it will be moose in Canada and Deer in NC. In years past I have done public land DIY hunts out of state for elk deer and bear, but as I get older and work and family responsibilities mount I seem to have far less time and a little more money than before, so now days I tend to find an outfitter/guide and let them do more of the work for me. True it's less rewarding than DIY, but the older I get the more I appreciate just being able to show up having a nice couple of days hunting.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no property taxes where blackheart lives. No property maintenance costs. Etc..

Nothing is free....

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rost495
no property taxes where blackheart lives. No property maintenance costs. Etc..

Nothing is free....
Well I do have to mow my lawn, do upkeep on the house and pay my property taxes but I'd have to do those things no matter where I lived you dumbphuk.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

I bet your friend's refrigerators are always full of beer and they always have an extra smoke for you too.

Dave
I don't drink beer or smoke. Beer tastes like shyt and is best left to pansies, queers and women to drink anyway. You should love it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The federal and state owned stuff is the most expensive.

Dave

The Rez is my most expensive place to hunt. Pay $170 to hunt birds this year on the farm.

$85 for Upland(sharptail, huns).

$85 for Pheasant.

And $25 for a coyote tag(seriously)....grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't drink beer or smoke.

Because you're too busy being a freeloading tick.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think they're putting it to you Sam.

Clark

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, the bucksnot. smile

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't drink beer or smoke.

Because you're too busy being a freeloading tick.

Dave
Not hardly but even if that were true it's better than being a know nothing, big mouthed, spineless, dickless slob like you. You don't know a goddam thing worth talking about and you and everybody else knows it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Are you able to bring a nonpaying guest?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The most expensive way to hunt is to buy your own land. Leasing is a much better deal with few exceptions.

Then there's the freeloader crowd who think they are owed the right to hunt on someone else's property. I keep hearing these grand stories about all these freeloaders do for the landowner whose land they hunt but in all my years of letting dozens of people hunt on land I own, I've yet to see it in person. Only once did anyone ever actually do something for me and that was an old 82 year old preacher who was a former Army Ranger and his 2 grown boys. Gave me a bunch of cool hunting calls and other small hunting stuff. They've since moved on and I finally tired of the freeloader crowd taking advantage so all our land is posted this year. If you freeloaders don't like it, you know where you can go.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well, I'm back on the 1200 acre lease. Just found out today after two years the deal fell thru. Been hunting that ground since the late 70's when it was open. It will be like going home.

Always felt bad for some of the locals who got shut out when it became leased and some of them are distant relatives. A small few, during the middle of the week, when no one else is there become Sneaky Petes, but I Ignore it. After all these years only a couple come on anyway, and they live up against it and fatten up the Deer and Turkey on the corn they grow on the outside border and only hunt the inside edge.

Good news day!!!!

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hunted on a lease in Coleman county Texas for 25 years. Owners died, sold by the kids. It was 3000.00 for 960 acres. I had it by myself or split it with a friend. Deal of a life time. Quail, dove, and lots of deer. Hated to lose that place. The owner told us great stories about the depression years.

Last edited by hanco; 08/30/16.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not hardly but even if that were true it's better than being a know nothing, big mouthed, spineless, dickless slob like you. You don't know a goddam thing worth talking about and you and everybody else knows it.

Do you really think I have a big mouth?

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Are you able to bring a nonpaying guest?

Yeah.

But Gruff moved a while ago.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rrroae

Then there's the freeloader crowd who think they are owed the right to hunt on someone else's property.

Sounds like Blackheart.

Clark

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Only an idiot or a piss poor, lazy azz "hunter" who needs and wants to sit in a stand over a food plot or feeder in order to kill something would pay to hunt in an area with lots of land open to hunting for free. No doubt there are plenty of idiots and piss poor, lazy azz hunters here on the campfire.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Very little free hunting in Texas. State has some land you can hunt for free. Very crowded, I wouldn't feel safe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hunt mostly public land, or private enrolled in public programs.

I do belong to a hunt club that leases some bird hunting land, but it is actually pretty poor land. Lol.

None of it is free. No such thing as free land.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't tell the Buffalo Field Campaign but.... you can now pay the tribe $500 to shoot one of the 'saved' park buff....grin

Really? I'd pay $500 to kill a buff. That is a ton of meat!

Might have to work out a bird hunting trip and stop to whack a big shaggy cow on the way back.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"The most expensive way to hunt is to buy your own land. Leasing is a much better deal with few exceptions."

It is and it isn't.
I've hunted my own[current] land for near 20 years now. Over that 20 years the per acre value has gone from $1,500[what we paid] per acre to over $10,000 per acre.
Got lucky I guess. smile

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd like to know how some of you figure hunting state land isn't free ? I've got thousands of acres of it a half mile up the road. Most years I hunt the hell out of it but some years I don't. My taxes remain the same whether I hunt it alot or not at all..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only an idiot or a piss poor, lazy azz "hunter" who needs and wants to sit in a stand over a food plot or feeder in order to kill something would pay to hunt in an area with lots of land open to hunting for free. No doubt there are plenty of idiots and piss poor, lazy azz hunters here on the campfire.

Do you ever create a post that you are not calling someone names or condescending someone here?

If you hate this place and people so much, why don't you take your ball and go play someplace else?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Do you ever create a post that you are not calling someone names or condescending someone here?

If you hate this place and people so much, why don't you take your ball and go play someplace else?
he's not very intelligent, probably inbreeding... living out in the sticks and all.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
he's not very intelligent, probably inbreeding... living out in the sticks and all.
That's funny as shyt coming from the resident flooring expert. Is your IQ really higher than that of a goldfish ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Its true. He is retarded.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Remember those pics you posted of yourself proudly posing with some dead critters and your big, bad air rifle ? I can tell you're a puzzy just by looking at you. Sorry but it's the truth and you just can't hide it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
obviously higher than yours. why do you engage in petty bs arguments, everyone's situation is different depending on where they live, but you choose to act like an idiot and dictate to them how they should be hunting.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Remember those pics you posted of yourself proudly posing with some dead critters and your big, bad air rifle ? I can tell you're a puzzy just by looking at you. Sorry but it's the truth and you just can't hide it.

Yeah, I'm a puzzy alright.

You show your ignorance again. Daily.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't sweat it .There is so much he don't know that he thinks he knows that he don't know [bleep].

He must not get out of the home much any more. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Yeah, I'm a puzzy alright.

You show your ignorance again. Daily.
Bullshyt will get you nowhere. It's so obvious you're a puzzy it's not even debatable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Don't sweat it .There is so much he don't know that he thinks he knows that he don't know [bleep].

He must not get out of the home much any more. grin
Which brings up the question. Are all you Texicans big puzzy's or just the ones on the campfire ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
laugh

The answer to that would be obvious if you weren't so painfully stupid.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
obviously higher than yours. why do you engage in petty bs arguments, everyone's situation is different depending on where they live, but you choose to act like an idiot and dictate to them how they should be hunting.
Hmmm, Maybe Because I like annoying you stupid bastards ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Oh it's obvious alright.

You are a small dicked, loudmouthed troll suffering from little man's syndrome.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
laugh

Oh it's obvious alright.

Oh yeah and you can tell you have a tiny dick from your pics too. Might try stuffing some socks in there next time stumpy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor Blackheart.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmmm, Maybe Because I like annoying you stupid bastards ?
thank you for proving my point.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You have a problem,you don't like yourself so you have to try to crap on everyone else.

No pussy here but you sure do have a problem with folks owning land and telling folks what they can/can not do on it.
Must be great to be you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The only point you have is the one on top of your head there Einstein.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh yeah and you can tell you have a tiny dick from your pics too.

Not that I post pictures for your sexual fantasies, but seeing you admitting to crotch watching the other guys on here has to be your crowning glory. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by plainsman456
You have a problem,you don't like yourself so you have to try to crap on everyone else.

No pussy here but you sure do have a problem with folks owning land and telling folks what they can/can not do on it.
Must be great to be you.
You go girl ! And yes, it is great to be me !

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Not that I post pictures for your sexual fantasies, but seeing you admitting to crotch watching the other guys on here has to be your crowning glory. grin
It's just so obvious with your goofy lookin puzzy self you don't even need to look. Kinda like looking out over Eastern South Dakota and realizing there aren't any hills or mountains you know ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lmao.... keep digging your IQ well only grow....

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Lmao.... keep digging your IQ well only grow....
Uhhhh, that would be "will" not "well" dumbazz. Sheesh, pretty pathetic when four letter words are just too much for you. It's a miracle you can spell "IQ".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lmao

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
laugh

Oh it's obvious alright.

Oh yeah and you can tell you have a tiny dick from your pics too. Might try stuffing some socks in there next time stumpy.

Why would you check out another man's package unless you have a sexual attraction to him

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I smell popcorn.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I already answered that question several posts back. Why would you miss it unless you're a retard ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you must of been the gimp in pulp fiction, because you sure like punishment.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
you must of been the gimp in pulp fiction, because you sure like punishment.
The funny thing is that as a group you're too stupid to realize you're the ones being made to look stupid. You in particular couldn't match wits with my dog and come out on top.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It's just so obvious with your goofy lookin puzzy self you don't even need to look. Kinda like looking out over Eastern South Dakota and realizing there aren't any hills or mountains you know ?

The above was your "answer"?

That's weak and is not an answer of why you were checking out his junk.

It was a pile of bullshit strung together to try and walk your self out of your self divulged homosexual attraction

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lmao i'd whoop your dog then you, then buy the dog a beer.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would never begrudge or judge how another man hunts or question what he spends his money on. If a man wants to spend some money to hunt in peace and quiet, so be it.

Either way, you get a lot of flack on this forum but you're alright in my book. Anyone with that much piss and vinegar and who doesn't take schiit from anyone would be fine around my campfire.

Good luck this hunting season. Just around the corner.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lol true and provides some humor.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah well you're another tough nut I'd like to hunt or do some sipping with one day.

You can always tell the mischievous ornery fuggers and they're usually the most fun to hang with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Enough dicksukking for one night. Time to watch CNN try and spin Trump's Mexico trip and throw some crap at the TV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he did good today.maybe i'll get to your part of the country one of these days.

Last edited by stxhunter; 08/31/16.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you this season too.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
lmao i'd whoop your dog then you, then buy the dog a beer.
Shyt, you couldn't whip me or my dog on your best day. After I stomped a mudhole in your azz I might help you up and buy you a beer, if you took it like a man and were nice that is.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.