Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Truckers can't make money if they can't speed

BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Had a good looking blonde give me a finger flip one time. I could a went into a rage over her.

You drive so bad you piss women drivers off?

Impressive.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

To expect a truck to maintain 80 mph speeds in mountain country means you don't have the IQ to pas the test to be a bowling ball.

I don't care who you are, that's funny. I just upped the HP and torque on our heavy haul tractor to try to keep up with traffic a little better.

Came up on I84 last year, and some idjit had hit the back of a 105,000K milk tanker pulling the long hill between Glens Ferry and Mountain Home. Hit the rear tag axle so hard they tore it off. Remains of the pickup scattered to hell and back.

Some people should not be allowed to push a gas pedal under any circumstances.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Truckers can't make money if they can't speed

Truckers can't make money now mater what they do.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Load heavy and drive fast. Tonnage first, safety last. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by milespatton

Load heavy and drive fast. Tonnage first, safety last. miles

I have done a lot of the first part. Seldom pulled out with a gross weight under 100,000 lbs but crossing three major passes without killing anyone pretty much ruled out the last two. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If people drove Autobahn rules, the freeways would be safer. Lead, follow or GTF out of the way, for God's sake!
I always flash trucks when needed, give them room, never do the dive and turn, always always signal and acknowledge.
And they notice.
I've had long drives where the truckers are apparently talking about me, friendly flashes and quick pull-overs. Amazing what some overt courtesy and road awareness will get you.
One night back east, I even got the flashity flash, tucked right in and there were the cops.....don't know if it was the Montana plates or what, but the big rigs were watching out for us, this was I think in Kentucky. Couple miles later the running lights blinked again and away we went.
Then, of course, there is the Magnet @$$ game, especially in Washington State. Come up on a gaggle and you'll always skin off several as you pass.
So, what happens when you move back over to the right lane?
And then slow down? Yep. Magnet @$$.

And by the way, governors stink and are dangerous. There should be a limited override to allow going faster for two miles or so to allow a run on a hill or to complete a pass in good time. But THAT would make sense.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A few of my favorite people on Earth are truckers...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Driving like a grandma in the passing lane is akin to standing in the entrance of the grocery store and catching up with a long lost friend.

Face that way. On your knees. BANG!

Vote 'flave.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have pulled a few older friends aside at the entrance of various buildings....

I forget you city people drive a lot of fancy interstate roads.

My favorites truckers are 99% two lane highway and gravel and they sure as hell don't have a stinking governor!

And when you meet a loaded one on a gravel road, slow down and pull your ass over to the side.
Let 'em have the middle if the shoulders are soft. We don't need to flop a load of cows!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Driving like a grandma in the passing lane is akin to standing in the entrance of the grocery store and catching up with a long lost friend.

Vote 'flave.

Or telling the cashier all about little Jimmy going off to college and how your uterus fell out long after she handed you the receipt.

Stores ought to hire some poor disabled kids to go stand in the corners and and let old people talk to them.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
There should be a limited override to allow going faster for two miles or so to allow a run on a hill or to complete a pass in good time. But THAT would make sense.

Two miles wouldn't help at all on any of the passes I used daily.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Vote 'flave.

Or telling the cashier all about little Jimmy going off to college and how your uterus fell out long after she handed you the receipt.

Stores ought to hire some poor disabled kids to go stand in the corners and and let old people talk to them.

On your knees. BANG!

Dave

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by djs

I was driving at 75 mph on I-25 (Colorado) yesterday {speed limit = 75] and was closely followed by a semi that wanted to go faster. I just tapped my brakes (to activate brake lights) and he backed off, pulled around and cut me off. so much for courteousness and obeying the law.

If there was room for the semi to pass you on the right, why the [bleep] didn't you move to the right in the first place and let him pass? Most states have laws against driving in the left lane and blocking faster traffic. Even if Colorado does not have such a law, what YOU were doing is dangerous and discourteous.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and it anyone wonders why all the trucks are in the middle lane of a three lane freeway.... it's because less than one out of ten four wheelers understand the concept of merging on or off on a ramp.

I've completely given up on the whole concept, and park my 90,000 lbs square in the middle lane. That way Miss blue-hair, Mr. Old Man-in-Hat or teeny-bopper can't-wait-to-put-this-on-Facebook can slam onto the freeway at a frightening 45 mph and get up to speed when they get comfortable.

Don't like it? Have the cops start writing tickets...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I always loved it when they would come down the ramp and drive on the shoulder for a quarter of a mile to get in front of me. Then they would cut right in front of me and slow down. Usually happens at least once a day.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SamOlson

My favorites truckers are 99% two lane highway and gravel and they sure as hell don't have a stinking governor!

Cattle haulers are hard to keep up with on the interstates out there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Just keep them the fug out of the passing lane.
Agreed, Diesel dummies trying to control the speed of traffic by getting side by side and driving 5 miles below the speed limit for miles on end, fug them and their mothers , wives and daughters

What's so wrong with driving the speed limit in the left lane?

Oh God, one of those.... Didn't you go to driving school?

The Left Lane, AKA PASSING LANE is just for that, PASSING. If you see someone behind you, for chrissakes MOVE OVER and whatever you do, PLEASE don't "join up" with the other slow driver on the right lane.
LMAO.. Obviously the entire 7-county metro area of the Twin Cities never went to driving school.. Left lane hoggers to the MAX..

The topper was this: About 5-6 years ago I was driving on I-35 in the area where the speed limit is 45 mph.. Ahead of me was a signed "Driver's Ed" car with two people in it.. And IT WAS IN THE LEFT LANE AND DID NOT MOVE OVER!!!!

In the Twin Cities - if ya wanna pass someone - ya use the RH lane, 'cause the LH lanes are stuffed with a-holes that will NOT move over...

Rant over..

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In Idaho, the freeway limit is 80 and that applies to all lanes. If you're doing 80 in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you usually have to slow down to 70 or so to move right. Since you're already going the speed limit and passing cars & trucks doing it, I see no reason to slow down so someone can break the law. If I can do it without slowing down, then I'll move over.

Amen Cousin, thank you.

Back of the head. BANG!

Dave
ROTFLMAO... I hear ya, my friend - I hear ya..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by savage24
If there was room for the semi to pass you on the right, why the [bleep] didn't you move to the right in the first place and let him pass? Most states have laws against driving in the left lane and blocking faster traffic. Even if Colorado does not have such a law, what YOU were doing is dangerous and discourteous.

Because he's a fugking ass hole that doesn't know how to drive.

That's why.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck

LMAO.. Obviously the entire 7-county metro area of the Twin Cities never went to driving school.. Left lane hoggers to the MAX..

When we drive to Poland (AKA Minnesoduh) you can literally fly the entire way.

Blinker, left lane, zoooom.

Until you get east of Fargo. It's like some sort of invisible barrier of stupidity. The second you cross that border cars start hanging out in the left lane and the roads turn to dog schit.

Dave

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
263 members (1Longbow, 222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.