-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Next time you are in SW Montana I would buy you a drink. Might even let you hunt over my dog.

You obstinate SOB.
Grin

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dang, and I just tracked down that information. Don't want to jeopardize my invitation though, so I'm not tellin.' You obstinate SOB.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Backroads
Can one of the current members find out who the ranch 10 miles west of Ringling MT will be conveyed to?

Ownership chip on GPS shows RMEF as owners. Not trust.

N 46 15.497
W 110 56.561

Red Basin Ranch LLC has owned it since at least 2008. My GPS chip shows Red Basin Ranch LLC as the owner as well. RMEF holds a conservation easement on the property, which is what the diagonal lines indicate. You must be seeing the easement holder on your GPS, rather than the landowner.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Whttail, I should have thought to use cadastral.

Strange that my chip shows that as ownership, not trust or easement as it shows everywhere else.

Must be a glitch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Dang, and I just tracked down that information. Don't want to jeopardize my invitation though, so I'm not tellin.' You obstinate SOB.

laugh

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sure hope whitey didn't ruin it for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by donsm70
I am a life member of the RMEF and appreciate much of the the work that they do. However, I also realize that they are money driven and now a big business organization.

I will leave it at that.

donsm70

Much like the NRA - not perfect but the best thing we have going....

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sbhooper: I quit supporting the rmef when they became the rmWf!
When the greens that run that outfit financially supported the transplantation of Canadian Wolves into the heart of our hard fought for Elk herds I told them to go phhucckk themselves, in writing and in person!
Thanks for NOTHING rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
When the greens that run that outfit financially supported the transplantation of Canadian Wolves into the heart of our hard fought for Elk herds I told them to go phhucckk themselves, in writing and in person!
Thanks for NOTHING rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I think I first read this post in 1999. Some things never change.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for NOTHING rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Elk Foundation has a tough task trying to stay in their lane.
I follow Bugle as close as my short attention span will allow. I noticed that for years they had a very narrow focus on funding for elk habitat and did not ever mention the two white elephants in the room - wolves and cwd. I've never seen anything supporting wolves and in fact the absence of any position whatsoever began to seem strange to me.
The past few years I've noticed RMEF taking a stand to protect elk from wolves and the most recent issue has an article on cwd.
They can't stray too far from their charter and go off on a lot of peripheral tangents but I think they have achieved a good balance.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Wondering what the CEO receives for a annual salary? At one time I was a huge supporter of the NWTF. But when I found out the Rob Keck the CEO at the time was receiving 375k for an annual salary, I stopped donating. And shortly after the news spread of what he was receiving, he resigned.

I know that both the RMEF and the NWTF have done great things for the elk and turkeys. But I do believe it is all about $$
p

2014. Ceo David Allen total comp was $288,204.00
Sect Rodney Trjepke total comp was $ 184,514.00
Treasurer Lori Parker total comp was $ 153,136.00
General Counsel Grant Parker total comp was $ 146, 548.00

These are the top 4 from the RMEF, low compared to most non profits.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a really nice elk hunting ranch north of here that the RMEF owns. No access to members or any public, only rich donors.

The rich donors can fund the RMEF.

Care to explain where that ranch is at?

Seriously, I can assure you that RMEF does not own any ranches. Whoever told you that tidbit is completely misinformed.

As for the TV show, it is required to cover all of its own costs and contribute a profit to the bottom line. Whatever people think of it, not only does it make a profit, it is doing so in a manner that gives RMEF a lot of exposure that most brands would have to pay big money to obtain.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My GPS says ownership is Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, it is west of Ringling Montana about 10 miles.

N 46 15.497
W 110 56.561

Your GPS would be wrong. RMEF acquires property and turns them over to state and federal agencies for access. You are confused with a conservation easement that might be held by RMEF.

Just last quarter, RMEF completed four projects that will open many thousands of acres of new access to the public. In 32 years of existence, they have helped create/improve access to over 700,000 acres of elk hunting grounds. RMEF has a lot more projects currently in the works that will open more access in the coming year.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Crosschecker
RMEF holds TV hunts with companies/groups/people that support its conservation mission. It also conducts hunts with RMEF members, volunteers and other common folks--and yes, some of them are on public land.
It does not own any ranch land unless it's in the process of conveying that land to a state or federal agency to manage. It is against RMEF bylaws for RMEF staff or board members to hunt on any such land.

Is there documentation for this info?

Yes, it is in the by-laws of the organization. You can request such from Rod Tripke at Missoula HQ.

Ask away about RMEF. I've been on the Board of Directors for the last four years. I can assure you that most everything posted here are rumors that seem to make the rounds when someone gets bored.

A few comments on their TV show. They do have some average guys on the show. I've seen it many times. Watch the hunts with Kristy Titus taking three young girls. Watch the hunts when they take some of the key volunteers.

I did two TV episodes for them a couple years ago. Both were with regular members, all public land, and all self-guided. Both guys shot elk and had a great time, as did I, even if I didn't fire a shot.

Producing TV is very challenging and very expensive. Far more challenging on public land, without guides, especially with people who are not accustomed to the complications TV poses to hunting. It might look easy to someone who has not done it.

RMEF is asked by sponsors to deliver a highly polished media product. They do that at considerable work and investment. As a result, the TV show makes a profit that allows for more money to be invested in access and conservation.

I wish it was possible to make everyone happy, but that is not reality. Thanks to all members (220,000+) who donate, support, and volunteer (11,000+).

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Randy

It is one thing to do a good job and another to do it and keep most of your members informed and comfortable that everything is run in an ethical fashion. There is so much about elk hunting that is determined by the size of your checkbook the regular members having an opportunity to be part of a special hunt opportunity is a big deal in my view.

Your show is popular in my hunting circle because you show all it takes is a willingness to go out there and some ingenuity and boot leather to succeed on public land. My best spot borders a ranch where the cost is $5K to hunt, with a 3 mile walk gaining 1,000 feet I'm hunting the same herd. The only difference is the 2 days packing mine out instead of sitting by the fire with a good bourbon while the outfitter does the work, who would want to miss all that fun.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for NOTHING rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

What a load of crap. Being completely opposite of VG is always the right place. What a kook.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by callnum
Thanks for NOTHING rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

What a load of crap. Being completely opposite of VG is always the right place. What a kook.

Agree. There are a lot of intellectually challenged individuals that start typing before fact checking. RMEF got started in 1984 and has been growing ever since. I joined as a life member in 1990. I have continuously served on committees in New Mexico and Texas as a volunteer or chapter chairman ever since. The RMEF is your grandchildrens hunting future. Hunting is conservation. Get out from behind the computer screen and get involved.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigFin
My GPS says ownership is Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, it is west of Ringling Montana about 10 miles.

N 46 15.497
W 110 56.561

Your GPS would be wrong. RMEF acquires property and turns them over to state and federal agencies for access. You are confused with a conservation easement that might be held by RMEF.

Just last quarter, RMEF completed four projects that will open many thousands of acres of new access to the public. In 32 years of existence, they have helped create/improve access to over 700,000 acres of elk hunting grounds. RMEF has a lot more projects currently in the works that will open more access in the coming year.

Cadastral cleared it all up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a donating member for 30 years. Got my last magazine in August. I can use my dollars better, than RMEF has the last few years.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's interesting. If you're talking about conserving habitat, I'd like to hear about how youre putting your dollars to work. Care to elaborate?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in Michigan, and last year I was drawn for a once-in-a-lifetime Michigan bull tag. The field I shot my bull in was one of several that were developed and maintained yearly using grant money from RMEF. I'm not a member, but I was a beneficiary of their efforts.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,813 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.