Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Any 49'ers fans here at the 'Fire? Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem at their preseason game yesterday against the Packers.

His explanation: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Forget that he played like crap last night and looked like a rookie out there, but this will get him a one-way ticket to the waiver wire and no chance of getting on a roster or having a career after football. What an idiot.

Last edited by cooper57m; 08/27/16.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
very few really smart people in the NFL

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does not matter what he does, the sports worshiping fools will keep sending the $$$$$ his way.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
NFL will stand by him.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thug football is a waste of time. Time better used cleaning your rifles and reloading ammo.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why doesn't he go play football in the African football league where they treat blacks so much better than we do here.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Any 49'ers fans here at the 'Fire? Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem at their preseason game yesterday against the Packers.

His explanation: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Forget that he played like crap last night and looked like a rookie out there, but this will get him a one-way ticket to the waiver wire and no chance of getting on a roster or having a career after football. What an idiot.

Huh, coming from a fellow that has to be in a position to make millions that is somewhat ironic, given his ancestry.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kaper has lost his desire to play at NFL level, obvious from watching him last year. He has chosen a somewhat “honorable” way out, to be fired for his principles rather than cut for mediocrity. It gives him an excuse.

Last edited by Okanagan; 08/27/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So he finds honoring the flag to be in conflict with his (misguided) standards. I wonder how he managed to convince his conscience that American dollars were OK?

Never figured him for being black anyway. Always thought he looked the part of suicide bomber.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At his very best he was seriously over-rated...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Kaper has lost his desire to play at NFL level, obvious from watching him last year. He has chosen a somewhat “honorable” way out, to be fired for his principles rather than cut for mediocrity. It gives him an excuse.

You are probably right. When he gets cut, this will make him a cause celeb and give him an excuse other than his lousy play. Good point.

I watched the game last night and he was horrible. His running instincts are gone as well as his throwing arm. The other 49er QBs outplayed him badly, and the Packers 3rd string QB outplayed all of the 49ers QBs. No kissing his biceps last night. It'll be interesting to see what the league has to say. Do they take a stand or try to walk the tight rope?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And now you know why I no longer watch football...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
NFL will stand by him.

Sure they will. What do you think the "N" now stands for in NFL?

smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Fugg her and that pixie dust city she represents!

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That same country where playing a boys" game " makes him rich. Think his cognitive ability is lacking.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
just another rich, pampered knee grow thug

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thug.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let me see:he is biracial,was raised by two white parents and has a problem with the country that he lives and plays a game in.

Makes me wonder if he should just take the rest of his life off and go to all of those places that have better opportunities for every one.

He was over rated when they dumped Smith for him.
The niners are one of the problems with folks nowadays.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A thug in a thousand dollar suit is still a thug.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Krapidick is a POS. I knew that from the moment he stepped on the field. I. I can't stand him.

My son is a star QB and a young man that respects the sacrifice and freedom that Old Glory represents. Before every game we have local Veterans and the VFW present the colors. Before the colors are presented my son goes up to each of them, shakes their hands, thanks them and then stands still with his hand over his heart for the National anthem. He wears his older brothers number 5 to honor his brothers service in the Marine Corps.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.