Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Picked up one in .308 yesterday at my local WM for $186.

'Keep your powder dry'
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchucker
bought 5 today

What did you get?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wanted one in 308 but all I could find around here was 243 and 270, everything else was sold out...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Good advise by Ken on trigger springs.

This works well on many rifles and you can always turn the screw back in for a higher pull rate.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KenMi
If you take the trigger spring out (the spring that the adjustment screw compresses) and remove a few coils, then reinstall, it will adjust down much lower. And also it can still be adjusted higher by just tightening the screw more.

Yep. I found a great explanation of it on a web search. Mine still would not get low enough-hard spring I guess. I removed the spring and replaced it with a spring that was the same size, but softer. Mine now rests at just under three pounds consistently.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
For New England buyers looking for Ruger Americans:

Claremont, NH Walmart has .223, .243, .270, 30-06

West Lebanon, NH Walmart has .243, 30-06

Rutland, Vt Walmart has .270, .308

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sbhooper

Yep. I found a great explanation of it on a web search. Mine still would not get low enough-hard spring I guess. I removed the spring and replaced it with a spring that was the same size, but softer. Mine now rests at just under three pounds consistently.

I did the same. I have a plastic tube of various diameter and thickness wire spring stock that I got from Brownells. Just looked for a lighter gauge wire that was roughly the same coil diameter and then cut a piece the same length as the factory coil. Allowed for a nice 2lb pull. I also took out the trigger paddle. No slam-fires.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I was going to use it for a donor but I shot it one weekend....add another 30-06 to the pile

It then ended up with dual dove tails, V3 glass and a 1st Gen Ti stock.

I sold the factory stock for $75 and the cheap scope and mounts for $50

That rig with 180's made the trip out west with me last fall looking to notch my elk tag.

[Linked Image]

How much work did the TI stock take to make work?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ran my local WalMart and got the clerk to check his computer's on hand stock for the complete list of what everybody said was on the close out List...and got Nada available in stock. The clerk said some this stuff had been closed out many moons ago too.

We have a WalMart Distro Center in town so I expect if there was anything left in the warehouse we'd be in line for it.
Oh Well Santy Claus'll have to keep looking for bargains elsewhere, 'cause the household check book is really thin these days....or I'll have to get out of the so called Life of Riley Retirement and go become a Greeter.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Interesting. Been in a couple of my local Wal Marts the last few days that sell firearms. Don't recall either of them having a Ruger to sell. All I recall were the Savage Axis rifles. Might go back and check again. Do love a bargain priced rifle.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Walmart near me don't sell guns, unfortunately.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The trouble with the whole thing is:

You first have to actually go in to Walmart.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
just checked my two closest Wally's and they were all gone..

Didnt see this thread til today, because I've stopped coming here much because it runs slow constantly reloads and then shuts both personal and work puters down!

Hate it because I love this site.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
just checked my two closest Wally's and they were all gone..

Didnt see this thread til today, because I've stopped coming here much because it runs slow constantly reloads and then shuts both personal and work puters down!

Hate it because I love this site.

I was like you until someone here told me about Ad Block Plus. It's a free and fast download that flat out saved this site for me. There's even a thread going here somewhere about it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
How do you find these closeout sales?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I saw it listed on another forum. Went down to my local Walmart the next morning.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
If they drop the price another $50 the RARs would be priced about what they're worth.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ghostman
If they drop the price another $50 the RARs would be priced about what they're worth.

Unless you actually buy and shoot one. Than you would see how they outshoot most every other gun twice the price, out of the box, with no tinkering necessary.

Doesn't matter what the stock is, or what the gun "looks" like. It is a solid, "working gun" that does what it is meant to, far better than most others at the price range.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Ken
I have and so has a good friend who's a machinist and gunsmith. Ask him about his SS RAR that he now has 1K into after changing the barrel, trigger and stock to finally get it to shoot right.

Yeah I'm impressed with the RARs

Last edited by Ghostman; 09/02/16.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Unless you actually buy and shoot one. Than you would see how they outshoot most every other gun twice the price, out of the box, with no tinkering necessary.

Doesn't matter what the stock is, or what the gun "looks" like. It is a solid, "working gun" that does what it is meant to, far better than most others at the price range.

Whoopy! Who cares smile

It's a cheap POS. If you gave me $199 I wouldn't take one.

If you need to buy a RAR to find something that shoots, your rifle universe is really limited.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 37 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.