Hop To
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tedthorn
A young lady dropped by my shop and asked if I could fix her handgun.

She had been shooting one day and forgot it inside her open truck bed....for about 3 weeks

I looked it over and told her she had been rewarded a $400 lesson in responsibility

I offered her $50 for it but sent her on her way..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A little Break Free, and some 0000 steel wool would have that looking brand new............ wink

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fascinating. Surprised it was not stolen.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Why

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Was in a little Mom&Pop gun store. Mostly used guns. Fun. To chat with them. You know the kind of place.

A BurnOut walks in and asks if you can buy a gun if you have a felony record........no.

Not five minutes later he walks back in and asks " what if I don't tell anyone I have felonies on my record......then can I buy a gun?"

Took a minute to stop laughing to tell him no............

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
What year did she graduate from Mizzou.....and did she mention she was their Homecoming Queen?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had a guy with a Ruger Single Six not understand why a Ruger would use Winchester ammo, he reading the marking on the cylinders and one said Winchester Magnum Rimfire. And the book confirmed that cylinder was for the cartridge only, played hell explaining that was the name of the caliber and any brand in that caliber would work.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
A young lady dropped by my shop and asked if I could fix her handgun.

She had been shooting one day and forgot it inside her open truck bed....for about 3 weeks

I looked it over and told her she had been rewarded a $400 lesson in responsibility

I offered her $50 for it but sent her on her way..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A little Break Free, and some 0000 steel wool would have that looking brand new............ wink

Yup

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deerstalker
years back i had a small shop in California. had a nicely dressed woman and her son-in-law come in one day with a polished wood case.
the lady asked if i bought gun parts. i said yes and asked what she had. she said she had two broken, (according to the son in law), shotguns. she said she would like $200.00 for them.
i said well lets see. he put the case on the counter, i opened it and there nestled in red velvet were a broken down matched set of Purdy's. i explained (after fighting with my conscience ) what she had and that i wasn't the place to sell them. still dream of them once in a while.

But you sleep nights and that is worth more than the money.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Was out of town and stopped in a local shop with a sign that they specialized in reload equipment, etc.

Asked for a set of .300 Savage dies and old "Frank" the store reloading guy told me it didn’t matter what brand gun I was shooting the 300 Win Mag dies would work. Could not get the guy to understand 300 Savage was the cartridge not the brand. Finally he called a friend, after he hung up the phone he looked under the counter and found a set of RCBS in 300 SAV.Those dies must of been under the counter for years, they were dusty and marked 19.99 so I made out on the deal.

Ted
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by deerstalker
" ... i later saw them in the B&B gun store in the valley for 35k. ...

Deerstalker, I remember that set of cased Purdy shotguns at B&B. I used to go in there a couple times a week looking at the used guns, etc. Got to know Bob and Barry Kahn pretty well over the years. Started shopping at B&B when they had the tiny store on Cumpston St.

I wonder if I were ever in your "small" shop? If it were in the Los Angeles area, I might have been.

L.W.
might have been. its a small world.
always regret not having enough ready cash to give that lady for those. never had anything else close come in except a pair of first gen colt peacemakers.
my shop was in Lancaster. just a hole in the wall.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why

Her age imo reflects her leaving it in the truck...her job (BSRN) although not proof would reflect to me that she more than likely purchased this handgun.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He means he is surprised nobody stole it from her since it was not secured.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was at the mall with the wife and went into an athletic store that also carries guns/ammo and saw they had 50rd boxes of 22lr. I asked the dude behind the counter if they had full bricks for sale and he gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look but did go back and brought me out the two that I asked for. I finished shopping and went up to the counter to pay. There was a young lady in here tight yoga shorts at the register (bonus), and when she rang up the ammo, it rang up as a single box and not brick price. I explained to her that the price was incorrect and she gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look. I tried to explain, but it wasn't registering so I told her to get her manager. The manager came up and yep, same look. The manager finally said, 'Sir, that is the price, do you want them or not'? I thought for a minute and did the only thing I could think of....asked her "how many do you have and do I need two carts or three?"

Did the same thing with primers at one here. $3.99 per 100 so I grabbed a whole brick of 1000 and got rung up for $3.99. Told the little counter worker girl it was wrong, "nope, it says it right there." Ok, hold on while I drag the entire primer case over here.......

Have a buddy went to a similar store to buy primers. Took a brick of Federal 215s to the counter (about $1.79/100 back then) and the young HS girl there rang them up and said that will be $1.93 . . . friend asked if she was sure . . . she made a smarty pants reply of "Well I scanned them didn't I?". He gave her $2, told her to keep the change and walked out.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is your buddy white?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Is your buddy white?

Dave

Of course he is. The "Inner City" type wouldn't have paid anything...just plain steal them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dave

Sorry....to many High Lifes....I'm on board now

Just not driving the ship

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Kinda on topic:

Went to a local Pawn/Gun, mostly pawn, shop.

hanging on the wall was a Swiss Veterli, rim fire, broken firing pin, cracked stock, bayonet lug filed off.

How much I ask? $1200 the response. No response from me.

I am a sucker for anything odd, or odd calibred.

After fondling it a while, he says we'll take $800. I say, It's not worth half that. He says, OK we'll take $400. I say NO! I said that it is NOT worth half that!!!

Came back a week later got it for $100 and a bolt action 16ga.

PS: it had a spare firing pin in the stock. smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was at the mall with the wife and went into an athletic store that also carries guns/ammo and saw they had 50rd boxes of 22lr. I asked the dude behind the counter if they had full bricks for sale and he gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look but did go back and brought me out the two that I asked for. I finished shopping and went up to the counter to pay. There was a young lady in here tight yoga shorts at the register (bonus), and when she rang up the ammo, it rang up as a single box and not brick price. I explained to her that the price was incorrect and she gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look. I tried to explain, but it wasn't registering so I told her to get her manager. The manager came up and yep, same look. The manager finally said, 'Sir, that is the price, do you want them or not'? I thought for a minute and did the only thing I could think of....asked her "how many do you have and do I need two carts or three?"

Did the same thing with primers at one here. $3.99 per 100 so I grabbed a whole brick of 1000 and got rung up for $3.99. Told the little counter worker girl it was wrong, "nope, it says it right there." Ok, hold on while I drag the entire primer case over here.......

Have a buddy went to a similar store to buy primers. Took a brick of Federal 215s to the counter (about $1.79/100 back then) and the young HS girl there rang them up and said that will be $1.93 . . . friend asked if she was sure . . . she made a smarty pants reply of "Well I scanned them didn't I?". He gave her $2, told her to keep the change and walked out.

I hear of this now and then but I won't do it. Her mistake true...but not her store. I would have corrected her mistake.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dave

Sorry....to many High Lifes....I'm on board now

Just not driving the ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbZ8LmwTds

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,968 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.