Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thermocell, water, snacks, TP, ammo, flashlight, knife.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Inside of my 'walking' backpack is a folding Wyoming saw, gallon zip-lock bags, about a 10' piece of rope, roll of TP, roll of surveyor tape, parachute cord, Life Straw bottle, small LED light, an airline bottle of Jameson, and a cigar. I hunt day trips 99% of the time.

If I am hunting out of a stand, I just pull the Prius into the garage and fire up the generator and watch re-runs of Elmer Fudd and play Duck Hunt on my Atari.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/79/fb/ca79fb5dc2670ee1171f2b57cdf86386.jpg

CK
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't know about "theirs", but this is pretty typical of what is in mine.......

[Linked Image]

don't always use the Gunrunner, but you get the gist!

also really like these adjustable bungees

[Linked Image]

great for strapping on camo gear or stool or whatever won't fit in!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/26/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
also really like these adjustable bungees

[Linked Image]

geedubya,

Those adjustable bungee cords look VERY useful!

Could you post the brand name or a link where they could be purchased so that I can get some?

John

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sir,

I buy them at Home Depot! IIRC they are about $9 for the 24 pak.

[Linked Image]

There are several different iterations but the 24 pack has 4 of the adjustable bungees per pack.

[Linked Image]

Be sure and check the pack to see which one. The SKU number in the pix below has the yellow cord bungee. I prefer the ones with the yellow bungee to the orange bungee due to the type of "fastener' that secures the bungee. I've used them for years and the "fastener" on yellow bungee on the left is way better for my applications.

[Linked Image]

I also use the two other for securing game cameras, as tie downs, on electric cords and countless other ways.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

anywho, they work for me!

ya!

GWB

IC B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
Sir,

I buy them at Home Depot! IIRC they are about $9 for the 24 pak.

<snip>

anywho, they work for me!

ya!

GWB

MANY thanks for taking so much trouble to make such a complete post!

I will be getting some of those!

John

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My pleasure.

Best,

GWB

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks, I'll be getting them as well.

I also bring a half a roll of TP, usually in a ziplock to keep it dry and as an extra baggie for a deer heart, besides the 2 gallon x2 for liver.

I bring 2 bottles of water, one for clean-up if needed, one to consume. Jerky, dried fruit, Grandpa's old hunting knife for good luck, towels, both paper and a cloth one, fire starter and material , head lamp and small flashlight, electric tape, string to put tags on the horns, straps made for dragging deer, usually a "final " handgun, as a back-up if I have rifle troubles.

I always have a gallon or 2 of store bought ( or refilled from home- use them for the coffee pot- too much calcium in our tap water) water in the back of my truck, for clean-up, drinking, etc. Those thin- with strap- jugs are pretty convenient to keep in the truck bed.

Also one of the zip-saws with rings on both ends. Essentially an abrasive rope of stainless, made to cut the pelvic bone, but works well for other things and rolls into a 1.5" circle and light.

I think that is it

Allen

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
In my opinion, those shows are all about showing and selling gear, and booking expensive hunts. Period.

Agreed.

If they were actually showing your typical (successful)local Western hunter, they would show a pack that is at least 10 years old, with no shortage of blood stains, and a hunter in either Carhartts, Wranglers, or Army surplus wool pants for snowy weather.

In the pack you'd find a knife that is probably 20 years old, a sharpener, bone saw, well used meat bags (to keep the quarters clean) sack lunch, some rope/bungee/550 cord, matches, disposable lighter, TP an old Gore-tex or similar waterproof shell, and other no label basic stuff.

The hunter would be packing a rifle that he has used for numerous seasons, and an older set of binoculars.

It does not take a designer label to put a bullet through the lungs of your typical elk.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
For me, it's all about carrying water. I get really thirsty, and if I don't drink enough, I'll trigger a migraine the next day.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 20 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.