Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Scott F
I think the right thing to do is make all trucks illegal. That was those scum of the earth truck drivers won't bother anyone any more.

Don't be cunnty.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
I think the right thing to do is make all trucks illegal. That was those scum of the earth truck drivers won't bother anyone any more.

Don't be cunnty.

Clark

But is it so much fun. grin

I have said it before, there are CDL drivers out there that should not be driving anything but expecting a semi to hit the freeway at 70 is just stupid. So is expecting one to stop on a dime.

Seems like a few here would rather there were no trucks on the road so they would be free to drive any way they want.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In Idaho, the freeway limit is 80 and that applies to all lanes. If you're doing 80 in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you usually have to slow down to 70 or so to move right. Since you're already going the speed limit and passing cars & trucks doing it, I see no reason to slow down so someone can break the law. If I can do it without slowing down, then I'll move over.

The question is why are you driving in the left lane then? I believe the law in MT is to travel in the right hand lane unless passing or turning. Though I've never heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for it. I wish they would enforce it though. You also are permitted to go 10 over in order to pass.
Read my post. You think you're allowed 10 over to pass? I have a ticket to prove otherwise. I was going 5 over while passing and got tagged.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Take cars off the interstate highway system, you would see a drastic reduction in truck accidents. Several on this site shouldn't be allowed anywhere near commercial class 8 veichle with a car at highway speeds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your holding up traffic, just move the fugg over. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Most people that do this schitt, also want to impose their moral on you too. They think they are right in all things. Been around a bunch of them in my life. Then you have the ones that set the cruise control and forget about everything around them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pat85

Take cars off the interstate highway system, you would see a drastic reduction in truck accidents. Several on this site shouldn't be allowed anywhere near commercial class 8 veichle with a car at highway speeds.

From my experience the biggest single problem for truck drivers is car drivers that think trucks are just big cars.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Read my post. You think you're allowed 10 over to pass? I have a ticket to prove otherwise. I was going 5 over while passing and got tagged.

You're fugking homo.

Get your slow ass out of the left lane.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if i had someone in my car who needed medical attention and some ass hole wouldn't pull over to let me pass, they would have all kinds of problems.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
If your holding up traffic, just move the fugg over. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Most people that do this schitt, also want to impose their moral on you too. They think they are right in all things. Been around a bunch of them in my life. Then you have the ones that set the cruise control and forget about everything around them. miles

That would be me. Set the cruse on the speedlimit or a little under and stay in the right or middle lane. Pass slower traffic on the left and move back over when safe.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
In Idaho, the freeway limit is 80 and that applies to all lanes. If you're doing 80 in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you usually have to slow down to 70 or so to move right. Since you're already going the speed limit and passing cars & trucks doing it, I see no reason to slow down so someone can break the law. If I can do it without slowing down, then I'll move over.

The question is why are you driving in the left lane then? I believe the law in MT is to travel in the right hand lane unless passing or turning. Though I've never heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for it. I wish they would enforce it though. You also are permitted to go 10 over in order to pass.

Apologies Rock Chuck. Some nights I really should not post. smile

As to the 10 over I was speaking strictly to MT. I did not read the law,but have been told this by MHP troopers who would give their dying mother a speeding ticket.

MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter
if i had someone in my car who needed medical attention and some ass hole wouldn't pull over to let me pass, they would have all kinds of problems.

Just wonder how many on this site would also advocate firearm violence against any drivers who obey the law?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm a big fan of road rage.

Dave

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm a big fan of road rage.

Dave

Ed's a big fan of creating it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Had a good looking blonde give me a finger flip one time. I could a went into a rage over her.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not going to read the whole thread, but aren't most of the trucks for major carriers governored anyway? It really sucks to get caught for five miles as a truck governored at 62 makes a one mph pass on another guy.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ontario has a law requiring the use of speed limiting devices on certain CMVs, basically ones built after 1995 with a GVW of 24,000 lbs or above. They must be equipped with a device that limits their speed to 105 kmph (65 mph.) On our roads during our eight months of tough sledding that's likely enough as witnessed by the vast number of commercial ditch torpedoes.

Most of the local log trucks self limited years ago to 60 mph or a little less claiming sizeable savings in fuel. $60 per day, 250 days a year, 6-8 trucks on the road. It adds up, but they did it on their own before government regulation.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Just wonder how many on this site would also advocate firearm violence against any drivers who obey the law?

I would. Every truck driver should be shot in the groin and left beside the road with his piss jug in hand.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I would go along with this IF they required trucks and buses to stay in the right lane only, or if 3-4 lanes, right two lanes only.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I would go along with this IF they required trucks and buses to stay in the right lane only, or if 3-4 lanes, right two lanes only.

I do not know of ant state that does not.

Edited to add
Except for places line Connecticut that have a bunch of left lane exits.

Last edited by Scott F; 08/28/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was wondering if State Troopers will write a ticket to a driver that holds up traffic while trying to pass another truck? I40 between Nashville and Little Rock is a nightmare because of all the truck traffic .

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 720 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.