Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://fox59.com/2016/08/23/pizza-s...ie-in-exchange-for-a-gun-off-the-street/

August 23, 2016

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - An east side pizza shop is offering a delicious reward for people who help get guns off of the streets in one of the city’s most crime-ridden neighborhoods.

“When you pass here right off of 36th and go all of the way down to 25th street and over, it is like a war zone. It is not getting any better,” said Donald Dancy, the owner of D & C Pizza.

Dancy makes some of the most popular pizzas the east side has to offer and has been on the corner of 38th and Sherman for more than three decades. He is now working on a new recipe that will help stop the ongoing crime around his pizza shop.

Dancy is offering his customers a free extra large pizza in exchange for a gun off the streets. It's a simple promotion that he believes can have a huge impact on the crime rates. A pizza for a gun may sound like an odd trade off, since guns sell for hundreds on the streets, but Dancy says he has plenty of customers who carry illegal guns that would participate.

“I can see kids 14 through 18 coming in here and buying a pizza and their guns fall out,” said Dancy.

If the plan is approved by police, Dancy says he will hold the guns in a safe place until officers arrive to pick them up.

“I think what he is trying to do is basically police ourselves without the police…take these guns off of the streets without losing lives in the process,” said Dancy.

Other local businesses and churches are interested in following D & C Pizza’s lead, but know it will not be easy to get guns off of the streets.

Bishop Damon Roach of First Christian Baptist Church worked with the Marion County Sheriff’s Department in 2013 and 2014 to collect illegal guns. His church used donations to pay people up to $600 to get a weapon off of the street. His church was vandalized and set on fire in retaliation, so he's concerned that could happen to other businesses who try to get the illegal weapons off the streets again.

“First Christian would gladly open our doors to get guns off of the streets and will volunteer money to get guns off of the streets. I think that it is more of a movement now then it was three years ago,” said Bishop Roach.

D & C Pizza can not collect any guns until they have a meeting and plan out the collection process with IMPD and the Marion County Sheriff’s Department.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I give pizza for your pre-64 Winchesters.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Now they will steal more guns to get free pizza.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I would require a little more for mine.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't understand why they think that will help at all. The problem is not that they have the means to hurt or kill people. The problem IS that they have the WILL to. Free pizza? How will that help? At this point, I think bigger jails and strict law enforcement is the answer. Hell with the guns. Try getting the criminals off the streets.

Last edited by benchman; 08/28/16.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jdm953

Egggzactley, this story is the typical story of the liberal understanding of life.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I will give you guys free pizza for your guns,heck I'll even throw in a 6 pack of suds

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I will offer an eight pound, slow-cooked pork shoulder roast for a Smith and Wesson .38-44 Heavy Duty in good shape with a clean bore.

Mathew 22: 37-39

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How about a sack of turnips..anybody??

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I give pizza for your pre-64 Winchesters.
I'd definitely give a pizza for a M70 Classic SS/walnut in LH... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There you go using logic again. Stop that! All a liberal needs is to feel good about his intent. Results are secondary.

I don't understand why they think that will help at all. The problem is not that they have the means to hurt or kill people. The problem IS that they have the WILL to.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
“I can see kids 14 through 18 coming in here and buying a pizza and their guns fall out,” said Dancy.

Suppose Dancy ever called the cops after a gun fell out of a minor's pocket and gave a description so he could be apprehended? Doubt it.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder what would happen if they made even a small attempt at enforcing the laws already on the books.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I wonder what would happen if they made even a small attempt at enforcing the laws already on the books.

Please don't confuse them with facts and logic! It makes lib minds lock up.. like hitlery..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those that would trade guns for pizza have no business with guns in the first place...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you're willing to steal, and have a gun, all your pizzas are free.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm starting a malt liquor for guns program.
Turn in two and you'll get a bucket of chicken!
Three will include a WHOLE watermelon!

Coming soon to MLK drive/pkwy/rd/lane, etc......(any of them will do)

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would be funny as [bleep] if Donald Dancy was charged with receiving stolen firearms...fk'n moron.

Dave

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The biggest problem is that "crime" guns can be gotten rid of for free with no way to trace back to the one turning it in. It removes crime evidence from the streets, which makes investigations just about impossible.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've got 10 pizzas !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 85 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.