Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by RickBin
A package from Victoria's Secret has to arrive, preferably the day before, acceptably the day of, but never under any circumstances the day after, the brown truck comes with your stuff.

Rookie.

You're absolutely right!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NO! NO! NO!

I have to respectfully disagree....
Even at the risk of forum banishment by the powers that be...

Unless you bought a $2500 custom.
Never sell your package out for a $140 Cabelas purchase.

You must regain the pants wearing ability you have lost somewhere.

Do it for humanity's sake.

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by TheBig1
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hey Big1, you need to inform your beloved that a man can have much much worse habits than guns and hunting. smile

It has worked very well for 30+ years for me ;]

LOL I actually have told her that. It only gets me so far.

If it gets ya far enough for a new rifle and scope every now and again, you're good ;]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I were married to a woman that raised heck over me spending $140 the marriage wouldn't last long!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave

Big 1, (no pun intended)

Does she have a sister?........

If yes,
What does sis think of the killer price on a Bog-Pod?

When you didn't think it could get any worse, someone comes up with a solution. grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As for Sis being married; ask yourself this, are you lookin for love or relief?

I agree with Father Vinny, Victorias Secret is a bit over the top. Perhaps a nice, but not too extravagant box of chocolates would suffice. The VS ploy will only get you a "see all you think about is...." reaction. And why have her beat you up with something we men already know.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell of a deal on that bog pod. Totally worth it

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How about you just buy WTF you want and if she doesn't like it she can leave?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
^^^^^ +1 ^^^^

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Thats my approach as well.

She will 'let' you make the house payment.

She will 'let' you make the payment on her Soccer Mom-Mobile.

But she wont 'let' you buy a friggin Bog Pod.

Time to turn in your man card at the same place you forfeited your spine.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Thats my approach as well.

She will 'let' you make the house payment.

She will 'let' you make the payment on her Soccer Mom-Mobile.

But she wont 'let' you buy a friggin Bog Pod.

Time to turn in your man card at the same place you forfeited your spine.

other things you overlooked also Ingwe, is how many women will bitch when a man spends money on himself, for something he wants, which ehe sees no reason for....... then at the same time they think it is perfectly fine for them to go out and blow money on clothes, shoes, make up/cosmetics, "things for the house"... and gthen get all bent out of shape when you have an issue with it.

liberals society has turned them into thinking this is perfectly fine.... they are protected to do whatever they please, and yet men... we're always wrong, its our fault, and if we are white then we are suppose to pay for everything on top of it.

my second marriage I have a good boundary thing going with my wife... she has her own bank account and I have mine.... I don't queston on what she spends her money on, and she doesn't question me.....

in our early marriage years, I come home and she has our king size bed, mountained in clothes she just bought because 'she was depressed' and wanted to make herself feel better.... my first wife did that, and it could cost "always my bank account, not hers" $2k or more.... when I asked Judy how much did all of that set me back, she told me about $65.... she had bought the stuff at Good Will, Salvation Army etc.... actually good stuff in great shape....

I told her she was more than free to go do that any time she felt the need..... she brings home antique furniture, and then when she gets tired of it, sells it for 3 times what she bought it for.....

its great to be in a marriage where we aren't fighting over whose spending what on what.. she's financially responsible, something my ex wife couldn't be if her life depended on it.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I learned the separate accounts thing with my 'starter' wife.

Separate accounts keep "our money" from becoming her money....

Simple as that.

Ingwewife just went and bought a truck....no problemo.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Separate Bank accounts show that a man is in control....

dual bank account shows'the little woman' is in control...

like my first wife thought... every thing she made was hers and everything I made that she could get ahold of was hers also.

actually it was my mom who demanded I share ALL of my money with my wife, because it showed I "respected women"

after two years of that I told mom to get bent.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think of it in terms of pick your battles. If I really want it, I get it and stand my ground. It is a good filter on how I spend "my" money, and keeps me from buying stoopid chit, most of the time. I also let her buy whatever she wants, most of the time, so I have that leverage in the future. My system actually works out great. For our ten year anniversary, I got myself a Single Six, she got herself a $75 dollar pair of shoes. Plus dinner and what not but I still came out ahead.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's what you do next time. You wait until morning. As you both wake up you roll over, put your arms around her and whisper into her ear "sex or should I go to Cabelas and buy a bog pod?" More often than not she will say "don't forget your credit card".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Separate Bank accounts show that a man is in control....

dual bank account shows'the little woman' is in control...

like my first wife thought... every thing she made was hers and everything I made that she could get ahold of was hers also.

actually it was my mom who demanded I share ALL of my money with my wife, because it showed I "respected women"

after two years of that I told mom to get bent.

I guess I'm fortunate. We've never had separate accounts and I have always taken care of the finances. My wife is pretty frugal and loves to hit the thrift stores. I haven't had to buy a new pair of jeans or new work shirts in years. She's always finding great deals on new clothes in the thrift stores.

In 26 years I can count the number of arguments we've had over finances on one hand. But then I've always made sure she didn't have to worry about having enough for the household budget and have always made sure she had as much she wanted for "stuff". She also doesn't make a fuss about my frequent gun purchases.

The last gun thing she got wound up about was 20 years ago when I bought a Ransom Rest with the windage base and several inserts for $150 at a yard sale. We were pretty tight back then for money so I could see her angst but it was too good a deal to pass up. We laugh about it now.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I really don't get this thread. I there something wrong with the Bog Pod?

LOL
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Bog Pod seems to be good. The marriage, it seems, not so much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife is a patsy for anything that is available on a "special". I bring something home that most dealers discount 10% for cash and I explain that it was on special.

Just as well that way, cause victorias secret has nothing that fits me...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been married 13 years now and had I not taken away the bill paying duties and demanded separate accounts, we would not have made it past seven. Not that my wife spent money on foolish things. Just could not seem to pay a bill on time to save her life.

I had enough of that chitt and took it all over. The separate account thing has been a Godsend and for the most part eliminated bickering and fighting over money.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

69 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 14 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,487
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.